Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: XM Radio  (Read 4585 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: XM Radio
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 03:11:07 PM »

That was my plan too. I did better at making the plan than executing it. The bike's been in pieces for two months and the XM subscription is still active. DOH!!!

:indian_chief:

Hook your radio up to a battery and listen to XM in the garage Chuck.   :huepfenlol2:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 03:29:58 PM »

Hook your radio up to a battery and listen to XM in the garage Chuck.   :huepfenlol2:

Can you imagine the jury rigged contraption I would have to come up with to do that? I think there are 37 different electrical harnesses involved in getting from the battery to the speakers. OK, I may be exaggerating just a bit, but it would be pretty messy to say the least.  ;D

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 06:04:29 PM »

Can you imagine the jury rigged contraption I would have to come up with to do that? I think there are 37 different electrical harnesses involved in getting from the battery to the speakers. OK, I may be exaggerating just a bit, but it would be pretty messy to say the least.  ;D

It would give you something to do while you're waitng for the frame to get back.   :2cr_01:   ;)

2012 FLHXSE3

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 07:01:18 PM »

Speaking of which.........wonder what's at risk for running your bike system on
'aux' to play the XM in the garage for a few hours on end???   Maybe hooked up to a battery chg. at the time.  :-\  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 07:35:07 PM »

'aux' to play the XM in the garage for a few hours on end???   Maybe hooked up to a battery chg. at the time.  :-\  spyder

Spyd,

I've had my XM on the bike on when I've been detailing the bike.  I don't know if it was hours on end, but I know it was an hour or two.  Didn't seem to knock the charge of the battery down significantly.  It started right up after I was done with the detailing.

2012 FLHXSE3

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 05:29:01 AM »

Here's an FYI that I recently discovered. If you are an XM subscriber, and your bike is sitting for extended periods, due to winter weather, call XM and ask to have your Harley put on a "Marine account".  That will allow you to reactivate come spring without the customary reactivation fee.
          I spoke with an XM rep and was offered a service that has been set up for boaters since thier usage of XM is seasonal. I know this isnt a huge savings, but I can't see keeping XM on for an occasional winter ride.
          Sorry this is coming to FLHTCUSE owners on Jan 27th, but as I said, this was a recent find.

Thanks for the belated news/ :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »

For future use, if you're setting up a new radio with XM use the following promotion code it will wave the activation fee and give you three months free.
Pro code: XMSCION03
Just used it in December for my new radio.
I wonder if I could use the marine suspension during hurricane season?  :oops:
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

jwygo

• JWYGO
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 105th
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 10:57:16 PM »

I will order my first subscription to XM for my new Ultra CVO in a couple weeks.  Is there any way for me to use the same XM subscription on some type of receiver in my home?  Or do I need a second subscription? 

What about my car?  Since I can't listen on my bike while driving my car you'd think I could keep the same subscription and listen on my car XM?
Thanks for any help.

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »

Each radio has it's own ID code and each radio it's own subscription. Like it was said earlier the 1st radio is about $10 per month and each additonal radio is about $6 p/m.
I think the promotion code only works if done on line.

Air1
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 01:35:55 AM »

I will order my first subscription to XM for my new Ultra CVO in a couple weeks.  Is there any way for me to use the same XM subscription on some type of receiver in my home?  Or do I need a second subscription? 

What about my car?  Since I can't listen on my bike while driving my car you'd think I could keep the same subscription and listen on my car XM?
Thanks for any help.

If you buy a Garmin Zumo GPS and purchase the optional XM receiver/antenna, you can use the GPS w/XM on your bike and in your vehicle.  The Zumo comes with mounting dock hardware for your motorcycle and for your vehicle.  Then, you only need one XM subscription (for the Garmin XM receiver/antenna), but can use it and the GPS in both places. 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »

Spyd,

Go for it. You won't have a problem.  :)

I participate in a couple of breast cancer walks here in Atlanta. I am part of the 'Moto' or Route Safety crew. Our job is to protect the walkers at intersections etc. We are also cheerleaders keeping them motivated during the walks. I do this with music playing on the bike radio. I hook my ipod to the radio to play when I am parked, for hours. I also run the radio at full volume all the time.  :bananarock:

For the Komen 3-Day walk, it is not unusual to be parked in one spot for three to four hours straight, with the radio playing full volume all the time. I do not have the CVO amp on the bike, so my draw will be less than if you did the same with the amp. I have never had a starting problem after doing this.

I have been told the radio will cut off if the voltage drops low enough where starting may become difficult, but do not know if this is actually true. :nixweiss:

I would not worry in the least to run the radio while you are cleaning or detailing all afternoon as long as you fire it up and take it for a ride to put some juice back in the battery or hook it to a Tender when you park it for the night.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 09:22:06 AM »

thanks Chief.  I just wondered of anything else was 'hot' when the AUX. switch was on for extended periods that would be detrimental.  ???  har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »

thanks Chief.  I just wondered of anything else was 'hot' when the AUX. switch was on for extended periods that would be detrimental.  ???  har!  :drink: spyder

I'm not certain, but by far, the largest draw will be the radio. No headlamp or anything else like that is on. My GPS even goes off.

On my '99, one of the gauge lights, tach I believe, was lit in AUX. I haven't paid enough attention to see if that is still true on the '07.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 10:33:01 AM »

I'm not certain, but by far, the largest draw will be the radio. No headlamp or anything else like that is on. My GPS even goes off.

On my '99, one of the gauge lights, tach I believe, was lit in AUX. I haven't paid enough attention to see if that is still true on the '07.

On the '04 SEEG the tach and speedo lights stay on and my GPS does since I've got it powered by via the cigar lighter outlet which stays 'hot' also.   :-\  spyder

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »

Spyder,

I don't know if you've got heated grips or seat on your 04 or not but they stay hot on my 06 when I've got the ignition on acc.  So if you do, be sure they're switched off.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.