Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Author Topic: 2006 FLHTCUSE  (Read 25964 times)

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
Re: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2005, 11:53:48 PM »

Went in to look at the new CVO Ultra.  I thought the paint scheme was pretty awsome, but the rest of the machine left me cold.  The bike sits up high off the ground, nothing sleek about it's appearance.  The seat is the usual touring seat, which in reality is better than the FLHTSE, but nothing really exotic about the seat.  The tourpac really sucks.  It is small inside, and the outside looks like an after-thought.  The need to tie the tourpac and the bag together visually.  The dash is the same old dreary design it has always been, nothing like the FLHTSE.  The didn't do anything to enhance the suspension, even tho every one on this site has talk about or already changed theirs.
All said and done, why would anyone that has seen the FLHTSE take this over it?  I wouldn't! JMHO [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2005, 04:14:53 PM »

Saw the green one today.  Johnny's and others' comments pretty much sum up my thoughts on the bike.  It has some neat things, but overall, I think the MoCo failed to take things to the next level with this bike.

And I'm sorry, I'm really wanting to like the leather tour-pak, but it's worse in person than in the photos.  It just plain looks wrong on the bike.  Kinda like the half-chrome, half-rubber oil vent line (which is still there, by the way) only magnified a hundred-fold.  It looks as large as a king tour-pak on the outside, but is very tiny inside.  There is no way you could get two full-face helmets inside like you can with a king tour-pak.  So not only doesn't it look good, it does not have as much utility, either.

My dealer has five units coming in (this one and four others).  Three non-greens are already sold and this green one and another are not.  I think the green may be a tough sale.

hdbrad

• Just-A-Waitn
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2005, 04:53:59 PM »

I so much want to like this bike. I have a deposit on an AH/VB. I tend to agree that the Moto Co missed alot of detail. No floating rotor in the rear. No matching chrome pully. No headbolt covers or head bridges. Fuel line has no cover(matches the oil vent line that way). What the H!!@. Guess th Moto Co has to make more profit on top of the 32,000.00 price tag. Dealer should have a Watermelon next week to at least kick the tires on. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2005, 05:48:46 PM »

Saw the green bike in person today at my dealer.  First impression is that the green part of it is not as bad as in the photos.  That part looks better in person but the part you can't tell in the photos is the "black" is more of a brown and funny thing I disliked that part of the paint scheme more so than the green part, if that makes any sense.  As others have said there is a purple stripe there that you can not see in the photos too.  In all it is not a bike that grabbed me and said man I would love to own one of these like the SEEG did.  A buddy of mine was there too and he signed up to get one in the tan color (I can't make myself say autumn brown or whatever they call it).  So no doubt they will all be sold regardless of what people like me like or don't like about them.  

Reminds me of the day I took my RG into the dealer to get the saddle bag supports changed out to the style that is on the SEEG (with no guard in front of the bag) and I run into my buddy who was there doing the exact opposite to his bike (getting the style bag supports that I was wanting taken off of his to add the style I was taking off of mine so he would have that guard in front of his saddle bags).  In effect we were both there doing the exact opposite things to our bikes and both happy with what we ended up with.  Guess that is why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream huh?  Something about personal choice. :)
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

Ramblin Man

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2005, 09:24:42 PM »

Is this a true black color on the charcoal bike?
2006 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
2005 Softail Deluxe (sold 10/15/05)
2003 Dyna Wide Glide (still ridin' it)
1998 Sportster (sold)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.