Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: 2006 FLHTCUSE  (Read 26040 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2005, 07:16:03 PM »

Saw the brochre and the picture of the autumn haze and am just going to wait and either see one in person at the canadian national rally or sometime after 8-24 (dealer ship date on autumn haze)if I don't like it the crimson and slate is there next bike the dealer is getting but has no ship date.  Hey might make a nice birthday present for myself.  [smiley=confused5.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2005, 08:34:41 PM »

Just spent a day a Mike's Famous HD in Delaware (aka, the most overpriced dealer in the country). For example: New '05 Yellow SEEG2 on showroom floor = $36,999.  They had a Green CVO Ultra which the salesperson says they were "taking offers, but my sales manager might want to move this one since it's the end of the month for around $38K."  For what it's worth I went over the FLHTCUSE for about an hour or so and respectfully throw in my .02 cents worth:  I will reserve judgment on the green until I see it in daylight, but what struck me most is that people were just walking by it - the bike kind of went unnoticed (Of course, we don't buy bikes to get attention, do we?).  Let's see...the crazy person that HD set loose a few years ago with a pinstripping kit is still at it.  This guy must have have run out of the orange pinstripe paint that somehow got on our Yellow and Red SEEG2s.  He refilled his gun with a light purple that's now on the FLHTCUSE.   Plus side: the stereo sounds pretty awesome; heated seat and grips very nice; interior of the leather tour pak is very plush; screamin' eagle air cleaner cover is pretty cool looking; new dual beam headlight is nice but the HID xenon version would have been nicer; tank emblem is nice; nice Rinehart-like muffler end caps. I am in the minority on this one, but I kinda' like the leather tour pak.  It appears to be a heavy weight, lockable quality unit that includes the ostritch inserts found on the seat/backrest. The whole appearance of the passenger seating area is cleaned up on the FLHTCUSE as the "armchair" look is eliminated. Minus side:  Tour-pak is rigid mount (but really what Ultra owner ever removes the tour pak?); Harness on base of tour pak on right side is hideous looking; chrome accent strips on saddlebag lids seem haphazzardly placed and...the chrome engine vent hose with the one-inch section of rubber lives on... I think a lot of us die hard SEEG folks are slow to warm up to the FLHTCUSE because it is not a "convertible." It's also not lowered so it does not have the "slammed" look. The traditional Ultra crowd might miss the fender tip/tour pak lighting. I doesn't light up the night like most Ultra owners like (this Ultra wouldn't look too good with lighted rotor covers).  Having said that, I think it's still a great bike for the price (at MSRP probably the best value in the HD lineup), but it may have somewhat of an identity crisis and a narrower niche market.  Hey, I sound like I should be writing editorials for American Iron.  Sorry for the rambling folks...hope I haven't insulted any current or prospective FLHTCUSE owners.  PJ (due to length of above post, I voluntarily am placing myself in the post penalty box for a month)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 09:01:49 PM by pj57 »

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2005, 09:18:21 PM »

Pj,
Very professional report.I kinda like the people walking by it. The yellow bike always draws 2 or 3 people and then the Q&A session starts. It might be nice to be incognito. They could have just painted them the black denim color for my taste. I wonder why they call that color black denim? Maybe flat black doesn't ring the same way. Anyway thanks for your observations.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2005, 09:44:20 PM »

Hey Jerry - funny you should mention colors...the aforementioned yellow SEEG2 at Mike's really drew a crowd...as did the new FLHX (somebody here called it a poor man's SEEG) and the new fat rear tire models.  Oops...forgot...I'm not supposed to be posting - PJ

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2005, 10:20:43 PM »

pj, great post! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  Consider yourself out of the penalty box. [smiley=laugh.gif]  As we get to seet these bikes like you have, maybe you won't be in the minority on the leather tour-pak.  I think you make a good observation though, about the typical Ultra owner wanting the rear-end lit up.

It will be interesting to see how these bikes sell in comparison to the SEEGs.  Dealer near me never had a SEEG on the floor for more than about a week.  Will it be the same with these?  Time will tell.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2005, 01:18:30 AM »

pj, great post! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  .  I think you make a good observation though, about the typical Ultra owner wanting the rear-end lit up.

It will be interesting to see how these bikes sell in comparison to the SEEGs.  Dealer near me never had a SEEG on the floor for more than about a week.  Will it be the same with these?  Time will tell.

And they moved the  license plate up higher and that may be more difficult to read. You think with all the L.E.D's on the planet lately they could of slapped a few into that tour -pak. My bet is the Ultra won't be moving like the Seeg's A cheaper way to go is the FLHX with a 95 cube upgrade if someone does not want all the electronics.  Me, I like all that electronic crap  and can never have enough lights in the back, the aftermarket suppliers will pick up the slack where HD left off. I checked accessories for the 06 SE and they have a headlight (HID) and it sells for over $500.00. Claim it last ten times longer. IMHO the Ultra's will move faster then those bulbs.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2005, 08:43:42 AM »

How about an flhx with the 113in kit.  Want to talk to a machinist friend and find out about boring the cases.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2005, 10:09:55 AM »

How about an flhx with the 113in kit.  Want to talk to a machinist friend and find out about boring the cases.

Would really be nice.

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2005, 10:13:51 AM »

Magoo

How bout 116

Talk to Brad @ Freedom

Keep it at the stock 5800 redline and it last forever!

They do them a lot!

4 X 4 X 4 5/8 = WHOOOOHOOOO [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2005, 01:40:14 PM »

Well I will be talking to him a street vibes about it then.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2005, 02:19:12 PM »

Magoo

How bout 116

Talk to Brad @ Freedom

Keep it at the stock 5800 redline and it last forever!

They do them a lot!

4 X 4 X 4 5/8 = WHOOOOHOOOO [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif][/quote}]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
 You know what they say, man!  For $35.00 more, you can go first class!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  If I'm gonna' split my cases, I ain't stoppin' at 113!!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2005, 06:30:38 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm thinking probate is a little strong.

Wannabe, yep that's better!

[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
 Wannabe this [smiley=sauer021.gif] [smiley=sauer021.gif] [smiley=sauer021.gif]Later--HUBBARD [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2005, 01:10:54 AM »

Saw a watermelon today at one of the area dealers.  First impression was not as bad as looks on the web.  I think the green paint would look good in the sun but the upper color is kind of a deep brown with some purple in it and it did not do much for me.  Speaking of purple, something that  hit me that you dont see on the web pictures is that the light green body stripe has a purple pin stripe above it and the tear patterns are outlined in the same purple - it did not apeal to me.

My biggest concern about the bike would be the leather tour pak.  What happens with road grime, rain, nicks, scratches, etc?  The tag attached to the pak said that during rain the leather may tend to wrinkle but would go away when it dried up.  On the plus side it seem to be well made, sturdy and has a heavy duty gasget.   Another misque is the amp under the tour pak, not the amp itself but the huge bundle of wires connecting it which sticks out on the right side.  They could have easily designed the amp with the connector to the front and routed the wires under the seat and you would not be able to see it!

I liked the seat including the exotic looking leather insert.  The radio appears to be awsome and sounded great.  The bike does not appear to be lowered & therefore does not have the cool factor look of the SEEGs.  They have carried many of the normal CVO parts and chrome forward from the 04 & 05's and added a couple of things like the dash pad - it looks ok but not sure of purpose & would rather have that space for my windshield pouches.  They use a different muffler than I remember from the SEEG but I kind of liked the look of them especially from the rear but since we dont keep the stock ones on long I guess it makes no difference.

Over all I think the bike is ok but just can not get myself excited enough to trade or purchase as a second bike.  Maybe when I see the other colors I will change my mind.  Also, this dealer had the bike priced at $34,500 (+delivery, tax, tags, etc.).

Sorry did not have camera with to take pics!!

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2005, 07:13:41 AM »

Johnny, Great review.  Those were my obervations as well.  Could not understand why they could not have done a better job hiding that bunch of wires coming out of the amp. Really takes away from the look a bit.  I can say I don't hate the bike, but I am not that excited about it either.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2005, 02:06:20 PM »

I saw the Watermelon today, First impression was that it looks way better then the web picture! Over all a nice looking bike, the leather tour back wasn't too bad. The amp wire under the pac were a joke! It looks like an afterthought. The chrome trim pieces on the tops of the saddlebags looked out of place as they are not centered on the bag lid. The best part about it was the stereo. It rocks pretty nicely! Would I buy one, NO! The price ......$39k and change + taxes and license, probably around 45k out the door. The SEEG is still the best.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.