Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pac Comparison  (Read 2520 times)

jay

• Junior CVO Member
  • flhtcse b&b
Tour Pac Comparison
« on: September 21, 2005, 09:40:27 PM »

Harley claims the leather tour pac has the same capacity as the king tour pac.  It sure doesn't look like it does unless thay are counting cubic inches or something.  Has anyone used the two pacs in real life?  How do they compare??  Can I get a couple helmets in a leather tour pac?
'46 FL Knuckle with sidecar
'52 Hummer 125
'65 FLH Pan
'77 XLCR
'81 FLH Hetiage Special
'87 Hetiage Custom

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
Re: Tour Pac Comparison
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:06:12 PM »

I have had both and I agree the leather one LOOKS smaller, I think its because of the round corners instead of square. I haven't tried it but I believe you could get two helmets in it with no problem. As far as size I would guess the leather is at least the same size if not larger, the leather one has that hump on the top that gives some additional room. The thing I really like about it is the push button latch instead of the 2 latches on the regular tour pak.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:07:21 PM by 06ULTRASE »

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 10:15:49 PM »

I've had both, and the leather pack is smaller.  I use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, in my '04 Ultra I had room for it and lotsa small stuff around and on top of it.  With the '06 SE I can fit it in the tourpak, but not much else.  Also, the '04 would hold 2 full face helmets easy, with my son's full face in the leather tourpak I don't have near enough room to even squeeze my half lid in there.

I could see them being equal c.i. to the chopped tourpak maybe even a touch bigger, but not the king tourpak.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 10:18:43 PM »

I have had both and I agree the leather one LOOKS smaller, I think its because of the round corners instead of square. I haven't tried it but I believe you could get two helmets in it with no problem. As far as size I would guess the leather is at least the same size if not larger, the leather one has that hump on the top that gives some additional room. The thing I really like about it is the push button latch instead of the 2 latches on the regular tour pak.

With use I got a feeling that one push button is gonna be a problem, I've already had issues with getting it to close properly, I don't imagine it's gonna get better.  If it start giving me too  many problems I'll probably buy a King Tourpak and have it custom painted to match the bike, leave the leather one off to the side, ready to go back on should I sell the bike.

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 10:01:04 AM »

Harley claims the leather tour pac has the same capacity as the king tour pac.

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 01:06:25 PM »

I looked at mine again this morning and yep its smaller inside mostly because of the latch and a hump for one of the antennas.

DREBBIN

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA # 22419
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 05:30:22 PM »

I've had both, I think they are the same.  In fact, if you take the liners out of the leather it may be a bit bigger, but not much.  Bottom line, I have the same room for my work clothes in this leather one as I did in the King.
IBA # 22419
SS1K
SS1K

Page created in 0.946 seconds with 24 queries.