Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Harley still running behind schedule?  (Read 11956 times)

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
Re: Harley still running behind schedule?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2006, 08:36:30 PM »

On top of all this, the salesman that I have purchased four bikes from, decided, to take the Service Mgr. job, so I am dealing with a salesman that I don't really know.  He did say that he is going to call Spoc or Spec.  Supposedly, they can tell him what is going on with the bike.  Anyone know what or who is talking about?  If I don't hear something positive tomorrow, I might contact the people in OH.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2006, 08:47:36 PM »

On top of all this, the salesman that I have purchased four bikes from, decided, to take the Service Mgr. job, so I am dealing with a salesman that I don't really know.
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 09:08:37 PM »

Called my dealer today and he said my 06 cuse Haze is still on schedule to ship 3/30. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

SanJoseDuke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 09:15:01 PM »

Called my dealer today and he said my 06 cuse Haze is still on schedule to ship 3/30. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

SanJoseDuke

Keep us posted!
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 08:00:36 AM »

All of this sounds familiar.  Dealer and salesman I didn't know previously, lack of information, delivery date changed 3 times, etc.  I think this is why some dealers won't pre sell CVO's. They just don't like to be bothered.  My brother-in-law used to build houses, and I've heard him say several times he much preferred to build specs instead of pre-sold customs cause he didn't have the owner bugging him every day about delays, colors, etc.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2006, 03:40:35 PM »

Salesman called this morning.  He had a VIN and said the Haze shipped yesterday.  Said it should be here first of next week.

GC, I can understand what your brother is talking about, but this reminds me of when we bought a 96 Corvette.  The problem with buying the highset end product from a dealer who normally, pushes and prods people into buying their Cavalier, they tend to not treat the upper end buyer any differently than the rest of the crowd.  Should we be treated different?  Damn, right we should.  As we have all read, here, for the most part, the high end buyer is not treated any differently by the majority of dealers.  Just my thoughts.

john

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2006, 05:18:22 PM »

Salesman called this morning.
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 02:36:54 PM »

I agree 100% with the thought that the higher end buyer should be treated better than the low end buyer.  That's how I make my own living, by giving the buyer more than they expected or get anyplace else.  It's a slow process to build a business like this, but it works.  Unfortuantely, HD dealers often have 3 or 4 buyers for these bikes, and the dealer is going to make the same $6500 off of each bike, no matter who he sells it to.  So, why should they treat us differently than the Sportster buyer.  Both are going to come back and buy chrome and some service.  And if it's not us, then it's somebody else.  Only when the demand gets less than the supply will the dealer start to cater to the customer.  You'll be able to tell the better dealers real quick when that occurs- they'll be the one's still in business. :o
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »

I agree 100% with the thought that the higher end buyer should be treated better than the low end buyer.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:12:37 PM by SEULTRA »

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 07:55:58 PM »

[highlight]I agree 100% with the thought that the higher end buyer should be treated better than the low end buyer.[/highlight]
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2006, 10:00:10 PM »

My question would be, when does the treating great start?  You made my point.  You go to the Lexus dealer, I know becasue I have owned two in the last 4 years, and they treat the 300Is buyer the same as they treat the LS430 buyer.  The majority of HD dealers do not.  But I guess they do treat us all the same, like chit.

john

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 10:44:30 PM »

Maybe I'm a little naive or live in a vacuum but I think there are quite a few dealers who do get it. Over the past 10 years I've bought H-D motorcycles from three different dealers (I move a lot) that get it. Visit Zylstra H-D in Ames, Iowa; visit Gainesville H-D in Gainesville, Florida; visit Blue Springs H-D in Blue Springs, Missouri. All three of these dealers go to great lengths to show customers how much they appreciate them. They do it by earning your respect, by always greeting customers, by fair pricing policies and by being honest. I hope your not judging dealers by the discounts they give or the free stuff you get. That
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 11:00:43 PM »

The problem is with a company that sells the high and the low, you'll find everybody gets treated like the low end buyer.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 11:10:05 PM by arcticdude »
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

seultrarider

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2006, 11:20:20 AM »

I have bought 5 new harleys in the Denver area since 1986 from 5 different dealers. I would say none of these dealers work on customer retention!

Bojiboy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 02:19:38 PM »

Maybe I'm a little naive or live in a vacuum but I think there are quite a few dealers who do get it. Over the past 10 years I've bought H-D motorcycles from three different dealers (I move a lot) that get it. Visit Zylstra H-D in Ames, Iowa; visit Gainesville H-D in Gainesville, Florida; visit Blue Springs H-D in Blue Springs, Missouri. All three of these dealers go to great lengths to show customers how much they appreciate them. They do it by earning your respect, by always greeting customers, by fair pricing policies and by being honest.

I have to agree that Zylstra does a lot to make the customer feel good. I bought our 05 Road King Classic there (Ames) and it was a good experience. When I wanted to buy a Black Candy CUSE from them it was worth $3000.00 over MSRP and no dealing. Went 30 miles south and got one for MSRP, also left feeling good. Guess they don't understand fair pricing policies, or that I won't be back there again.....

For what it's worth.
2012 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire and Stardust Silver
2006 FLHTCUSE (traded in)
2005 FLHRCI (sold)
Single enclosed trailer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.