Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Why the 2011.5 ? Not complaining, I have one on Order, but interesting first..  (Read 3505 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)

Hey Cowboy, post all you want!!! People that don't like reading should not bother being a member here. Riding and posting is what we all do. If I was having to wait as long as you for a bike to arrive I would have been WAY WORSE than you and would probably be dead because my wife would have killed me first for driving her crazy. If I could afford to have a second CVO it would be just like the Orange and Black one you are sitting on. I think MoCo would have had even better sales of the 11SEUC if it had been offered in Red/Black and some other color from the start and then came out with mid year different color. No business background behind that on my part just my thinking...you know all people love different colors. My wife and I usually ride about 10 to 12 thousand miles a year, you know sometimes a little less or more...at least you do have other bikes to ride until the big day comes and your new 2011SEUC arrives and you PEE your pants.lol 
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Hey, Thank you "One Sharp Road King"....

It helps in planning and filling in the time... Went for a good ride today on my SESG...  She's fast, She's sweet...  Threatening rain, and I am looking forward to a few things on the Ultra like auto locking boxes and such...  Once you get used to a top box you miss the lockup...

Might ride Her to Church tomorrow.. (We are a day and a date ahead of you, across the International Dateline)  Your Saturday is our Sunday...  Your Friday afternoon, Markets closing, is our Saturday morning.  We are about 18 hours ahead of you..  So I can tell you what will happen tomorrow...  :bananarock:

Cheers from Australia.
Hope you get over your  :drink:  "Obama".. 

zemo

Can I take you up on that if I ever to that far down my bucket list?
The 110 in my SERU has been true for the first 5K miles in 3 months.
Enjoy the site and never mind the nay sayers.
Sounds like you have your hands full with all of the charitable and personal endeavors you have on your plate.
When do you find time to ride?

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Hello Brother,

When do I find time to ride?  I view the Iron Horse as transport not just sport.  I ride even threatening rain.  I ride it to work, rode with "Kings Riders" yesterday.  When Big Blue 2011.5 gets here I will probably ride even more as general transport when I do not need my truck or totally rained out... And Charitable Good Works are our opportunity to return something for this great Life, our way of giving Thanks...   

Thank you for the positive feedback. Sounds like you ride a bit too....  I am putting on reasonable miles, more than most, nearly 6000 kms now since December.

Cheers from Australia...

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG

Well thank you SBB.....

Cowboy, everyday is a good day to ride.
I put 850 miles on the 11.5 this weekend.
If you ever get up this way I'll put you on a bike and we can ride the Dragon.
www.dealsgap.com

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

zemo

We coordinate with the local chapter of BFC as well as Wheels of Faith on charitable endeavors to benefit local children. It is great to be able to give back and change the publics "biker" perception.
Make sure to post pics when your new steed arrives.
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
Here is a link to the tail of the Dragon mentioned above. Classic ride. Rode it and Cherohola Skyway in the same day.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Very Cool Zemo,

Don't know if I will get there, about half way around the world, and even if they build a bridge can you imagine the Toll?  heh he..
Very few of us BFC in Australia, but growing.  When ever I do something for the less fortunate, it seems like some windfall happens and I am Blessed further.  It is a good feeling.  Now I have no more concerns for myself, only those put in my care.  With all I have going on, there is a lot of responsibility and my plate is full, but it feels good to put smiles on faces. 

It is good to fly the Colours, people still tense up as you roll in on a loud Hawg, but then you can see the sighs of relief when they figure out that you are still a Wild Child, but one of the good ones..   heh he..

Cowboy...

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member

Well.... I must be the insane person on this site.....

I bought a beautiful 2011 Red/brownblacksparkleygreen CVO Ultra..... on Dec 31st 2010!  I put 3k and a Fullsac stage I on this bike. Its beautiful and I love this bike more than my 2003 FLHTCUI Black and Silver.

But then...... the Ford Blue model came out...... Damn.....  my favorite color..................

Well, I made an offer on a FORD Blue CVO Ultra and the dealer accepted!   Now, I have 2 CVOs.......  I must be NUTZ.......

Good thing I live in San Diego, I can ride 325 days per year!  Woooohoooooooo!

For Sale, 2011 FLHTCUSE6, Red/Brownblacksparkleygreen............ 4800 mi...............

Insanity at its finest...

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Gear Head,
You are a full Charter Member in this Club...   You are not insane, we are supposed to have fun...  I thought my Orange and Black CVO Street Glide was the BE ALL END ALL SCOOTER... And added all the goodies I wanted, long list, exhaust and all.... THIS WAS IT, GONNA KEEP IT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF...

And then I was struck right of my perch as well....  Big Blue did me to...  I never thought of it as the Ford Big Oval Blue, but my favorite four wheel vehicle is a 2009 F-450, Crew Cab, 4x4 diesel, a rare truck here in Australia.... And now I love BIG BLUE even more.

Anyway, you are in good Company, I was smitten as well, feel good about it!!!  Worse, I think I found out about it on this Forum, and now have to wait a couple of more months before it gets here, one of only four I know of coming to Oz....   :nixweiss:   Feel good about it, ain't it cool that we can be this excited about a new Hawg???  I am nearly 60, forty years with HD, only sinned once and bought a Z-1 Kawasaki 900 in about 1977, then realized my boo-boo and went back to HD in only six months.. 

Maybe it is the long wait for mine, but I am not sure I have been this excited about any scooter... CAN'T WAIT  !!   :-*

Best regards from Australia

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook

Well thank you SBB..... "Need to go for a long ride" that is probably true for all of us...
How does this compare with you Riding Enthusiasts over there?  I have done 5000 kms so far this year, 3125 miles..  Rode on Saturday, 300 kms with "Kings Riders" on Sunday, and every day to work this week until today because I needed my truck...  BIG BLUE coming, is my 8th Harley in 40 years.  My first Shovelhead was a 66 jammed into a 57 rigid frame with a suicide clutch and jockey shifter on the transmission.  I do probably 12-15 k a year.

In miles alone: That would surely put me well in to the mean average of real Motorcycle Enthusiasts..?  Not sure I need to go on a big ride, maybe just quit having so much fun on this Forum looking forward to my new scooter.   :jack: :soapbox: :nixweiss:

And thank you for that support Red Devil...

Cowboy,

Since you introduced the topic of how many miles/kilometers I can't be accused of a thread hi-jacking. 12-15k a year is very respectable, in either miles or kilometers. I have had my '11 CVO Road Glide Ultra
since July 31, 2010 or 9 months with it out of commission for 2 months. I have just over 14+k miles on it today. I think that is a good amount of riding. However, "Ultrafxr" puts me to shame. I think he runs around 18-20k miles a year.

I hope you make it to the US sometime or that I make it to Oz sometime. Think it would be great fun riding with you.

DesertHOG aka Simon

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Yea Desert Hog,
Simon, you ring like a true Brother.. You would be welcome to look me up in Oz... Here is the biggest HIJACK in history...  :jack:

Your area, and as far north up to Colorado, and east to west Texas would be my range of interest as an old Cowboy..... Let you in on a secret, I have dual Citizenship, and was a kid in Waco, the armpit of Texas.  Not totally unfamiliar with American, just have not visited for 20 years..  When the Leftists took over in American, and there were more people sitting in the wagon then pulling it, I bailed out to go to the "Last Frontier" that is Australia to raise my babies.  I train Quarter Horses and Harleys for fun... They would frown on what I would want to do with the Border and other problems... heh he... O.B.A.M.A. means "One Big A$$ Mistake America" to me... heh he...

I love America, just bailed out to raise my Children in the last frontier with horses in Australia..  Now that they are up and running on their own, I have to admit the Southwest of America appeals to me for a Holiday, probably for all the western movies and the fantastic scenery.  I would not mind running as far north as Wyoming, Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, places I haved not seen for over 40 years.  Dunno why you clicked to get me to reveal this, must be the moon and all the rain missing my HAWG...      :nixweiss:  That and a good few glasses of red...

Keep the shiney side up Desert Hog ....  I remember the old days...  66 Shovel in a rigid frame 10" over Wide Glide chopper in the moonlight...  I reach down with the foot clutch in and shift into 4th with the Jockey shifter sliding it forward.. Of course now that I am smarter, a Dresser is the choice for me.  I only bought a SESG because I fell for the CVO, chrome, hydraulic clutch and the 110, and there were no new CVO full Dressers available...   

Bless you Simon, keep on with that Desert Hawg....  Cowboy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:39:15 AM by Cowboy2 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 22 queries.