Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Would this ruin the look of a BIG BLUE 11.5 (coming) FLHTCUSE6 ?? Your thoughts?  (Read 5147 times)

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq

Cowboy2

These guys may have some cool stuff to help accomplish your objective:

www.customdynamics.com

Plasma Rods mounted "under" your bags may be an option?

Fatboy

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8

I agree with leave it clean.  I wondered how the saddle bag spoiler lights might look on the bike for more lighting from the rear, but it means more wiring from the bike into the saddle bags.
SBB had the painted to match spoilerson his 09. I thought they looked good, not a whole bunch of light though.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

You Guys are really cool,

Helping me get through the long wait for BIG BLUE with this planning and dreaming....  Now down to about 13 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours, 12 minutes....
BUT WHO IS COUNTING... heh he... :cowboy:

Big Blue is so definitely Cool, and so rare here in Australia I might now ever even be parked up with another one...  I will keep it clean all Custom like the CVO Team designed it...

Here is a scary one, my Dealer local is pretty cool and straight with me, and he just put a 120R motor with all the chrome, into a Dresser...  The bad thing is he called me to say how AWESOME the motor ran on test drive.  It is coming in for a 1000 km Service and he said he had to call me...  I guess he figures I am a SUCKER for such toys with two CVO's..... 

This is a little  :jack:  but WOW, 2000 cc, I will try and get a picture and a Dyno report when it comes in for the Service and Dyno to see what scratch it generate... Look for the new Topic.. (120R is legal on the road here cause nobody knows about it)..heh he  Things have sure come a long way from my 1966 Shovelhead jammed into a 57 straight legged rigid frame with suicide clutch and jockey shifter 40 years ago......

Maybe I will have a 110 sitting in my living room in a cradle for accents...Just to set the Wife off...  :furious2:  he heh....

Best regards from Australia...  :cowboy:

CVO FF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic Riptide Blue/ Titanium Dust

I agree too much for the bike. It would cover the nice flames and paint too much.
Fullsac X pipe
Fullsac 2.0 power cores
TTS w/Fullsac Map
HD SE Ventilator
Anderson Tour Pack Extender
EZ up center stand
House of Hawgs LED tourpack light
Zumo 660

cobaltcvo11

• CVO1: 2011.5 SEUC Twilight/Cobalt
    • CVO2: 1997 FLHTCUI Burned in house fire 2010
    • Personal Website

Leave the bags clean!!
The older I get, The cooler I was

Island Dude

• Island Dude

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6

I get the safety thing but I would pass on mine, your call.
2010 XL1200X
2008 FLHTCU ANV
2004 FXD

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Cool, Island Dude, I am over that one right now...

:jack: :jack:

Island Dude: On your FLHTCUSE6 you said you had the V&H Dresser Duals and the Monster Rounds...  Can you post a picture of the exhaust side?  It sounds like a good choice, and V&H are the biggest in stock here..  Thinking I might do the same and save the stock CVO exhaust.  Making my mind up in the next 6-8 weeks while my bike is in transit and being converted, between what you did and modding the stock instead of saving it..

Pictures would be a big help.. Thanks in advance...  If you do not have a digital camera or know how to do it, then OK, thanks anyway...   Cowboy..

zemo

Riding at night, the RG CVO is lit well in the back. Buddy told me it really stands out. He also told me its not a bike but a convertible without doors. LOL

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black

I totally agree with Chip, NOT!
The "TAZMUN"

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook

Cowboy, there are other options if you think you can't be seen at night once you get your new BIG BLUE.

There are "Bright Ass Lights": http://www.brightasslights.com/site/

You could also get a paint/body shop to cut some LED lights into the rear portion of your saddlebags.
Hitech makes a number of different flush mount LED lights in different shapes that can be used.
Here is the link to flushmount LEDs and they have other LED light options including some replacement or existing light fixtures.
http://www.hitechledproducts.com/index.php?cPath=27_47&osCsid=945de483d5816430459e67a7154e102f

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Thank you Desert Hog,
Good country you have there....  Full moon light in the desert, cool, very very coool....  We have those kind of places here, but have to watch out for the roos, a major drama, kangaroos can to to 5' to 6' tall in places..

I have abandoned the idea of the light bar, I was just fishing for ideas, and to ugly up a CVO certainly drew some responses out...  I know about the LED lights in the boxes, I have considered them in the SESG I have now.

Look, if you are a good rider, and anticipate idiots at every intersection, then the highest chance of a problem is from the back end...  You can cover all the bases, but that is one that is tough and why I want to LIGHT UP THE WORLD... heh he...  Anyway, thank you, top Bloke..  Cool Links, ride on Brother.....

Cowboy in Oz...

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.