Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Would this ruin the look of a BIG BLUE 11.5 (coming) FLHTCUSE6 ?? Your thoughts?  (Read 5187 times)

TLSSRS

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Ultra - Cobalt & Twilight Blue

Side view of my last Ultra,

Would be over the flames of the boxes, I have mixed feelings, you who have the BIG BLUE, what do you think?  Too much?

I like all the lights myself. My last one had the rail lights, front wheel lights, under the floorboards, etc. etc. But i don't think they would look good on the blue cvo. I have one & have added the light to the trunk rack & the bag lid rails with lights. Kuryakyn makes a neat light to go under the bags & shine rearward i think i may add. It is pretty well lit the way it comes though. Some like all the trinkets & some don't. To each their own i say.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)

Never have cared for the chrome bits and pieces on the fenders/bags....IMO, one of the things that distinguish the CVO bikes from all the other Ultras is the LACK of all that stuff hanging off the bags and fenders, and on the Blue Bike you're getting with the flames...well, it would look like a monkey's a$$ sewn up with a grapevine...
+AGREE leave it alone, no bars, no lights! :2vrolijk_21:
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Ziploc

If you are looking to light up your forward lane, I highly recommend going with the HID headlights and passing lamps.  I put them on my 2011.5 and they are great. 

The LED brake lights are plenty bright to warn drivers behind.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member

Never been a fan of the "Big Rig, 18 wheeler, hang lights on it everywhere" look.
But if you like it you should do it.  It is your money and your bike.   

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Guppytrash...

Look, this whole thing was not so much about me dressing UP the bike for ego or looks, I am about 60 and past that... heh he.. Yea right. 

I must confess it was purely a safety issue and I had my doubts because this 11.5 BIG BLUE is so nice looking I don't want to mess it up...   My last ultra per the pictures was not so flashy, but the Big Rig lights were for a purpose..   The why of it all was because for a while I was "Tail Gunner" for a group of Bikers, and this was about really "Lighting up the lane" for obvious safety reasons.

Getting rear ended with a pack of Brothers, could ruin your whole night... I may just increase the rear tailight to LED like I have done on my Street Glide, as that is about 4 times as bright as stock... 

Best regards from Australia..

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

I get the "add more lights for safety thing" but the truth is some of these moron cage drivers will still say "I didn't SEE THE BIKE" even if it is as bright as Times Square!!!! One thought I had was if you are going to keep the bike for several years it may not matter what mods you add, BUT it could effect resale value if changes were made that can't be returned to OEM form. At least it may cut down the number of possible buyers. It would for me, I might would look for a less modified bike. Not trying to be mean, just my .02.  :drink:

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Cool, one sharp Road King, but here is a point:
At some point in Life, probably dating myself as Old School, but at some point "Form and Function" looks attractive and takes prescendence over "style and looks"...

To be fair about this Topic, these two things I will add out of experience:  First I sold that Ultra for $31,000 second hand, maybe because it was unique and safe...
Secondly, when I slam on the brakes IT WAS BIG RED IN THE FACE... Once when running Tail Gunner in a Pack with the "Tribe", a car pulled out on the country highway when we were coming at speed and everyone had to near LOCK IT UP.....  The BIG RED IN THE FACE on the back of my bike meant that a someone not associated had to lock it up themselves and almost went off the shoulder on the side, to keep from running down into our group..  The BIG RED IN THE FACE I think saved our bacon on that day...

I am leaning on 60... When I was 20 I would not even have considered having a dresser, only Cops and Old Men had Dressers..  When I was 30 or 40 I would NOT EVEN CONSIDER that big disgusting light bar and big box lights and brake lights, who needs all that "junk"...  But over 50, when I do not bounce so good and don't give a shirt what the Chicks think, and have had my share of close calls, it made good sense and was actually BIG RIG sort of attractive.   THAT  is why this whole Topic and consideration...

Kind regards from Australia, stay safe out there.  "There are Bold Riders and Old Riders.... But there are no Bold Old Riders........."  8)

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt

I agree with leave it clean.  I wondered how the saddle bag spoiler lights might look on the bike for more lighting from the rear, but it means more wiring from the bike into the saddle bags.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

I like the clean look, if you want LED's to light up the side at night, run them along the saddlebag support and you can use them when you want to and they do not take away from the looks of the bike, my opinion.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

Cool, one sharp Road King, but here is a point:
At some point in Life, probably dating myself as Old School, but at some point "Form and Function" looks attractive and takes prescendence over "style and looks"...

To be fair about this Topic, these two things I will add out of experience:  First I sold that Ultra for $31,000 second hand, maybe because it was unique and safe...
Secondly, when I slam on the brakes IT WAS BIG RED IN THE FACE... Once when running Tail Gunner in a Pack with the "Tribe", a car pulled out on the country highway when we were coming at speed and everyone had to near LOCK IT UP.....  The BIG RED IN THE FACE on the back of my bike meant that a someone not associated had to lock it up themselves and almost went off the shoulder on the side, to keep from running down into our group..  The BIG RED IN THE FACE I think saved our bacon on that day...

I am leaning on 60... When I was 20 I would not even have considered having a dresser, only Cops and Old Men had Dressers..  When I was 30 or 40 I would NOT EVEN CONSIDER that big disgusting light bar and big box lights and brake lights, who needs all that "junk"...  But over 50, when I do not bounce so good and don't give a shirt what the Chicks think, and have had my share of close calls, it made good sense and was actually BIG RIG sort of attractive.   THAT  is why this whole Topic and consideration...

Kind regards from Australia, stay safe out there.  "There are Bold Riders and Old Riders.... But there are no Bold Old Riders........."  8)
Good point I'm Old School myself leaning on 56...Keep the rubber side down.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member

Cowboy2
You know what they say about opinions...
But you asked for them, so I gave mine.
I also think after reading your comments you would feel a whole lot better having those lights on your bike.
So like I said before...its your bike and your money and you should do with it what makes you comfortable.  Your gonna have a great looking ride either way.
Enjoy and ride safe.
Guppy

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member

Guppytrash,
Don't know about that name but...  Cool anyway..... I am the first of "Bikers for Christ" on the Sunshine Coast, and so could assign my "Rank" under the Name tag... Mine says "Road Trash"  heh he...  Just to lighten up all the big promoting M/C ranking thing.. heh he...

I have just seen one of the Rio Red and Ember Black what ever they call it... And the top Tourer Box lights are BRIGHT...  Because of the flames on the panniers I have abandoned the idea of the light bar..  I probably WILL do a "Pig Snout" LED tail light if it does not come with it, as I have it on my Street Glide and Brothers reckon it is about 4-5 times as bright as the stock light...   The idea of further LEDs stop lights on the back of the panniers is not totall silly, I have seen some flush mount ones in American Bagger Magazine that were not noticable until you put the BRAKE LIGHTS on....  Simple plug outside to remove box... Cool...

And I want to thank all of you for your input...  Cheers from Australia,
And I will not be messing up the new 11.5 BIG BLUE,  it was just a good Topic for safety and consideration... Fun....  

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800

That's really "old school"... Had them on my '97 Ultra and with its paint scheme looked okay and gave lots of light.

However, I would never destroy the look of a CVO's paint scheme by adding things that would cover it up, especially old fashion lights.

Besides, as previously mentioned the newer lighting systems that come standard are much brighter and therefore no more are required to be seen.

JMHO
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7

No, No, No, leave those bags clean.....

napalm
napalm
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 22 queries.