Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM Radio  (Read 1148 times)

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
XM Radio
« on: November 16, 2006, 07:03:21 PM »

I activated my XM Radio in June with the 3 month free-bee.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 09:06:15 PM by dakotazeb »

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
Re: XM Radio
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:45:34 PM »

Mine stayed active for about 4 months.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 08:46:22 PM by UltraPolecat »

WI George

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 07:51:58 AM »

DakotaZeb, I had the exact same issue when I obtained my 06' SEUC in May. I called XM Radio and they said after the 3 free months I was to call them back and set up a paid subscription and that I could cancel out whenever I wanted because of the non-riding winter months for me in Wisconsin (or anywhere for that fact). Then in the spring I am to call them back to reinstate the radio and start paying again. I did call them at the end of Oct. and everything went fine, no hassles whatsoever. I love certain music channels with XM and am very pleased with their policy for bikers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 08:00:29 AM »

I guess the woman in India I spoke with did not know that as she told me nothing about calling back to sign up.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 08:11:58 AM »

DakotaZeb, I had the exact same issue when I obtained my 06' SEUC in May. I called XM Radio and they said after the 3 free months I was to call them back and set up a paid subscription and that I could cancel out whenever I wanted because of the non-riding winter months for me in Wisconsin (or anywhere for that fact). Then in the spring I am to call them back to reinstate the radio and start paying again. I did call them at the end of Oct. and everything went fine, no hassles whatsoever. I love certain music channels with XM and am very pleased with their policy for bikers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Being able to put your subsciption on hold for non-riding times.  Wow, this is real good information.  Where we live, we pretty much ride every month of the year - may not every weekend, but every month.  But for those a bit North of us, if you took three months off, being able to have those months added at the end of the subscription time is fantastic.  We love our XM.  Our SEEGs don't have them built in like yours are, but we have the unit that is not attached.  On a trip to Florida recently, my husband hooked up his XM unit to my car radio.  It was fun listening to the comedy channel or great music for the 12 hour trip.  Glad to hear that others are enjoying the service as well.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] ;)

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 03:55:40 PM »

I never deactivated the XM on my 2006 SEUltra before it was sold and still haven't, plan to do the switch over when my '07 comes in.....the guy that is riding my '06 will be surprised when his goes POOF!!!!

napalm
napalm

hogheritage04

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, but rather the journey
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 07:23:45 PM »

Make sure you ask them about discounts.  I was able to negotiate a price of $9.95 per month vs the $12.95 per month they were asking.  Also, if you have a computer, you can use your monthly connection to connect to the computer and listen on line.  I use mine in the office all day.  One other thing, if you have XM in another vehicle, you get a second system discount; $6.95 per month.  I love the XM and don't even bother with CDs anymore.  On my trip to Sturgis from California, I listened to the same station all the way and only had very short interruptions.  Enjoy!

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 08:26:34 AM »

I have both XM and Sirius. My son and I both have Sirius in our trucks.  My wife has XM in her car and I have XM in my SEEG.  I have a few points.  First no matter what service you choose they're both better than over-the-air radio.  I remember last year before I got my SEEG and I was on my old EG, I left home headed for work and couldn't find any tunes at all on any station for two hours (0700-0900) in the morning.

I'm definitely listening to Sat radio from now on.  It is the future and I predict radio stations will start to disappear rapidly when all new cars are offered with SAT radio.

I do like Sirius much better than XM for programming and will probably install it on my SEEG instead of XM.  In my opinion Sirius plays more of what the subscribers want to hear where XM plays what the DJs hosting the channel likes to hear.

I think the placement of the antenna on the SEEG is somewhat of a problem, I have a lot of drop outs when going under small obstructions.  Not quite as bad in the cars.  However, I don't know how you'd solve it without some hideous antenna sticking out somewhere.

The final benefit and don't forget...when you join both XM and Sirius you can log on free from any computer and listen to music and such.  Which means, if you have a wireless music system you can pipe it through the house to the garage while you're shinning your SEEG.
Unapologetically American!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 08:52:28 AM »

Being able to put your subsciption on hold for non-riding times.
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Ride VA

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 10:21:46 PM »

I activated my XM Radio in June with the 3 month free-bee.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »

The final benefit and don't forget...when you join both XM and Sirius you can log on free from any computer and listen to music and such.  Which means, [highlight]if you have a wireless music system [/highlight]you can pipe it through the house to the garage while you're shinning your SEEG.

Do go on........ where can I get this setup? :)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 06:51:23 PM »

I have both satellite services.  My Dodge pickup has Sirius, and my wife's Honda and the SEUC has XM.  I'm not too concerned with having winters off.  In Virginia, I can ride just about every month...plus the wife's Honda sits in the garage for weeks without being used, but I keep the subscription active.  About the only one that gets used daily is my pickup.   I did a two-year deal with that.  I got one year free by buying the truck and they offered me another year for a pretty good deal, so I took it.  I don't see much difference in the two services for music, but if you like Howard Stern, football and hockey, then Sirius is your best best.  If you like Opie and Anthony and baseball (which to me is the only sport you can listen to on radio), then XM is the best bet.   It's all personal preference.  I like them both although I do like XM's classic rock choices a little better. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.