Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wrinkled Tour Pak Leather  (Read 2592 times)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
Re: Wrinkled Tour Pak Leather
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »

Napalm, you have the right idea.  I want an SEUltra but am going to keep my seeg until moco
gets their head on straight and puts the hard tour pak back on it.  [smiley=soapbox.gif]
 [smiley=cherry.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 11:03:30 AM »

I brought my '06 up to have the tins swapped out tomorrow.  I hadn't looked a the leather tour pak for some time, but it looks like crap, so I think I'll bring up the tour pak wrinkles just for giggles.

I'll see what my guys say.  they are really good about going to bat on this stuff.

Rog

I kind of figured they'd feel that the MoCo wouldn't do anything for the gathering I have on the outside of the backrest uppers.  

They were willing however to send it to the upholstery shop and have them tighten the loose leather.  They have done others with steam to shrink them tighter and had good success according to my dealer.  

I figure I can do that anytime so I didn't have them do it now.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 11:49:59 AM »

Oh you know how it is............... it's the "nature of the beast"............. "its leather, its supposd to do that"............ "they all do it"............. we're being to "nit picky"...... "what do expect for $35,000?" .......... :-?

Rhino

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 08:12:14 PM »

Getting Tired of Your TP Wrinkles?  This is what worked for me.   In shade, I applied a liberal amount of Harley Leather Goo, and rubbed and massaged it in well with my fingers, and then let it sit for a while.  I wanted it pretty well saturated. (if you do this in sunshine, it liquifies rather fast and drips).  

Then I proceeded to wipe off only the excess gently, and pulled it out into the warmer sunshine.  After about ten minutes more of soaking this goo up, I started hand buffing.  I noticed the black colour came out exceptionally dark and shiny, and as it dried within an hour, the leather tightened up quite nicely, just enough to make a difference.  

Rhino

Ted Severns

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »

I just took delivery on my new 07.  It is sitting next to my 06 and the tour pack leather looks like a child did the work.  The center has several wrinkles and is not laminated to the pack (has a large bubble in the center). My dealer is checking to see it the MC will replace or will they repair it.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 04:32:41 PM »

I just took delivery on my new 07.  It is sitting next to my 06 and the tour pack leather looks like a child did the work.  The center has several wrinkles and is not laminated to the pack (has a large bubble in the center). My dealer is checking to see it the MC will replace or will they repair it.

Sorry to hear of the 07 tour pak issue, it seems to be ongoing. Good luck with the resolution.

Welcome to the site, glad you signed up, great info here.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 06:11:23 PM »

I guess I got lucky...I have some very minor ones on my tour pak and some on the arm rests, but nothing serious enough that I'm going to fight with the dealer and the MoCo over.
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.