Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Engine Guards  (Read 1764 times)

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
Engine Guards
« on: April 04, 2010, 07:02:45 PM »

Ok.....I have been thinking about whether or not to install a Engine Guard on this bike. I have had them on all of my other bikes and they have saved my butt a couple times when I had dropped my bike.  Now this bike is much smaller and I'm not to worried about it but crap happens.

It appears there are 3 HD models to choose from, I have narrowed it down as I have had the Mustache one on all my other bikes so I would like to change it up. That leaves the standard design or the Nostalgic, I am not even sure how one would look on the bike at all.

So if anyone has engine guards on their bike I would really appreciate some photos or opinions.

Thanks
Dave

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
Re: Engine Guards
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 09:25:45 AM »

Hi Bud;

No question, go with the HD Mustache. I put them on last year and really like the look. It flows with the bike. I'll try to get a picture posted.

Also.., thanks for the data on the SE pipes. Replaced the Rush with them last week. Like you..., love the sound and much easier on the ear's at cruise.

Ride Safe....

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Re: Engine Guards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:00:47 PM »

I agree the Mustache is the way to go. I actually bought one but have not installed it. I go back and forth on whether or not I want it on the bike as I like the stripped down look so much. I also installed a really nice leather tool bag at the upper mount point behind the forks so if I installed the bars the bag would have to be relocated or removed. MY thinking was install the bars for long trips (mostly for a place to stretch my legs) and keep it off for regular daily riding. Of course the idea is flawed as you never know when you will need them and it does not matter where you are riding. I can say it looked nice on pictures I saw of it installed on the ConV.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.