Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Most comfortable Touring seat  (Read 10561 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Most comfortable Touring seat
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »

I just googled that and at $170 bucks ... ouch, but if it works it's priceless

I got it here:  http://www.bikercushion.com/Airhawk-Seat-s/25.htm

Saved a few bucks.  They've got all kinds of stuff for seats.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

PJinHouston

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »

ok ... thank you
*2007 FXSTSSE CVO Softail Springer
2017 FLTRXS Road Glide Special (sold to family member)
2015 FXSB Breakout (sold)
2015 FLHT Limited (sold)
2012 FXDF Fat Bob (sold)
2012 FXTRXSE CVO Road Glide Custom (sold)
2003 FLHRI 100th Anniversary Road King (sold)
1993 FXSTC Softail Custom (sold)

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 05:38:39 AM »

The Hammock seat on my '11 SERGU is very comfy thus far.  If I had to replace it, I'd get another Corbin with heat.

The Road Zepplin may be comfortable, but I would never get over the looks.

I gotta say the same about the heated Corbin Dual Touring seat... it is pretty comfy, but just plain hideous to look at. And the gnarly flap covering the back rest hole makes it even worse! If I rode an old beater bike that I didn't care how it looked, I'd stick with the used Dual Touring seat I bought, but I can't stand the look of it on my SERG.

Plus I screwed up and bought a 08-older seat, so while it fits, it comes up pretty short, not even reaching the tank trim. I think I paid $300 for it and will be setting it free back to eBay when I get home.   There's a Hammock in the clasifieds here... may just go buy it now (and listen to the wife complain about another box showing up with bike parts in is... what can I say; I've been away from my bike for 8.5 months, I gotta do something to stay connected! :) )

Sharkbiker

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 08:48:38 AM »

I'm having the same challenges.  I had a Corbin on my '03 Road King and it was a hard seat.  Took about 2,500 mile to really break in.  Not sure if it was the seat I was breaking in or my ass. Now I'm looking at replacement seats for my '13 CVO RG Custom Anniversary.  I want something that is unique and custom to look at while adding comfort for long rides.  I've been looking at C&C seats as well as Alligator Bob's seats.  Alligator Bob has some really cool seats but the price is off the chain.  Anyone have any suggestions with custom seats that are comfortable please respond or message me directly.  Thanks!!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 08:51:24 PM »

My vote for Best All-Around goes to my Mustang Wide Vintage Super Touring seat with the built-in rider backrest. It's super comfortable for both rider and passenger.

Runner Up goes to my Corbin DualTour with the rider backrest. A little better for the rider but horrible for the passenger. It's like riding on a 2x8 for the passenger... the rear seat slants forward, which makes the passenger slide forward. Both of my BSRs hate the Corbin, but love the Mustang.cots like a La-Z-Boy front and rear, and comes with the backrest. I paid about $600 new for it and love it. The Corbin is currently in a box in the basement.

Miss Congeniality goes to the stock seat that came on my bike... Very pretty, but utterly useless!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Barmats

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 02:13:59 PM »

I had the (stock) Harley hammock seat on my 2011 FLTRUSE and now have a custom Corbin seat with driver backrest and passenger pillion on my 2012 FLTRXSE. The hammock seat is by far the cushiest seat I've ever sat on, but it doesn't offer a lot of support. It is, however, extremely soft. On the other hand, I had some foam removed from the Corbin to lower it but it offers tremendous support even though it's not at all what I'd consider to be soft or plush. It's the most comfortable seat I've ever sat on. So for me, support and shape is better than soft and cushy.

It's one thing to sit on a seat in a showroom for a few minutes vs riding on one for a few hours. Hopefully you can do both before making a decision!
2020 CVO Limited

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 01:48:30 AM »

Bought the Hammock that was for sale in the classifieds... will give it a go and see what I (and the missus) think. Hope it doesn't just get added to the stack of seats I need to get around to selling because they didn't work for me. Good thing about buying used seats, pretty good chance you can move them along and not lose too much.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.