Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Glare Polish - Snake Oil?  (Read 104234 times)

REGGAB

Re: Glare Polish - Snake Oil?
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »

Welcome from Texas :welcome_005:
Go to New Member Section tell us about your self and post some pictures of your bike.

Deja Vu.........again.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

navdav51

• Senior CVO Member
  • US Navy Retired, Old Antarctic Explorer, 75-78

• CVO1: 2009 Silver SERG
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 10:52:24 PM »

well hell, with all the different opinions on different products I would of thought at least someone would have posted some before and after photos!   :worthless:
...VETERAN....Whether active duty,retired, National Guard or reserve,is someone who wrote a check made payable to The United States of America,for an amount up to and including my life....Author unknown

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2009, 11:25:33 AM »

I actually find the Harley polish to be better than anything, but to each his own. I really like the Honda spray polish too. I tried Glare, it's ok.
Hey Air-Cooled, I'm thinking that the Honda spray polish and Glare are the same thing.  :confused5: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2009, 08:04:31 PM »

I don't think they are the same, Honda spray polish has been out much longer, but I would bet that the primary polishing agent in all of these is the same thing. Carnuba and Zaino are pure coatings with no polish.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

I don't think they are the same, Honda spray polish has been out much longer, but I would bet that the primary polishing agent in all of these is the same thing. Carnuba and Zaino are pure coatings with no polish.

I think spyd's referring to the Glare Spray quick polish stuff cleaner, whatever they call it. Even the Glare guy told us they were the same. :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »

I think spyd's referring to the Glare Spray quick polish stuff cleaner, whatever they call it. Even the Glare guy told us they were the same. :confused5:

Hoist! 8)
:oops:I stand corrected (and as usual.....confused).  :confused5: har!   :drink:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2009, 08:14:12 PM »

:oops:I stand corrected (and as usual.....confused).  :confused5: har!   :drink:spyder

HeHe!!! No, I think actually you were correct.

Hey Air-Cooled, I'm thinking that the Honda spray polish and Glare are the same thing.  :confused5: spyder

Of course I assumed you meant the Glare Spray too! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »

Hoist! 8)

WTFS?!  He did?  I have both products and they definitely don't act the same. :nixweiss: :confused5: ???

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »

The older Honda spray quick detail spray even stated on it that it contained Glassplexin. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »

Well maybe it's not the Spray on quickie chit! I don't know! I don't even wash my bikes, so WTH am I even responding! ::) ::) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Actually, there are many references here that I got from other threads, referring to "Honda Glare" so I went to look for some. Here are just a few. I couldn't find Glare Dude's comments, but I remember him chiming in about how they made some things for Honda. :confused5: :confused5: :confused5: ;)

I cant believe you dont have it already. I ordered some the other day. Free shipping, I got the Ultra Wash too. I get it as Honda Glare Professional Polish and Honda Glare Ultra Wash.  they have a license agreement with Honda. Its the same stuff though Heres the link http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/vtx/index2.asp?ID=711143811

When I ordered Glare a year or so ago. I searched it on the web and found Honda Glare Professional Polish. I buy it for 19.95 a bottle. Its the same stuff. Honda has some sort of licensing agreement with them. Same stuff, less money and you can find it at your freindly local Honda dealer. I get mine from a Suzuki Honda dealer in here in AZ!

quote author=WVULTRA link=topic=8882.msg142518#msg142518 date=1164847588]
CV:

Same here:

[highlight]Honda Glare Professional Polish
Part#: 08731-GLR-001
Manufacturer Part#: 08731GLR001
(Qty: 1 x $19.99)[/highlight]

[highlight]Honda Pro Glare Ultra Wash
Part#: 08732-GLR-002
Manufacturer Part#: 08732GLR002
(Qty: 1 x $7.99)[/highlight]

[highlight]Parker Yamaha SeaDoo Polaris Honda Kawasaki
800 California Ave
Parker AZ 85344
(928) 669-2385
Parkeryamaha.com[/highlight]

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[/quote]

Just ordered a bottle of the Honda Glare Professional Polish, and 2 bottles of the Honda Glare Wash, and it came to a grand total of $41.00 with S/H.

Here is the website  www.hondadirectlineusa.com

I have no idea of there is any difference between this product and what you order directly from Glare, but the price is certainly better.

Later,
Ghost

I wonder if GLARE makes that product?  The Honda polish used to be the same as the Glare polish with the Glassplexin ingredient in it.   :-\ spyder

I think you're thinking of the Honda Glare product. This is a different product made by a company right here in Marietta. Two different products. :)

:indian_chief:

Hoist! 8)

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »

It all boils down to what you think looks best.  The spray on stuff generally dosen't seem to hold up for me.  I Had a sideline waxing business years ago.  We strictly used the Simonize paste wax.  Time consuming stuff, but it always looked good and seemed to last.
  With my Vette I always used Liquid Glass and have always thought this to be a superior product.  I Forgot about it when I got back into bikes.  You can bet after seeing this thread I am using it from now on.  The new stuff is not always the best.  If a product has been selling for years, it must be good, or it would be gone. IMO.

TazmanTyphoon

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2009, 04:41:55 AM »

After hours of reading and my passion for detailing I went ahead and took the plunge with Glare. I don't even have the bike yet and figured I will use this from day one and stick with it, I have used Meguiars for years and did some trial and testing as well with different products so it will be interesting what I think of Glare, it better be worth it for the price.
I thought I made a real good decision after all the reading and then I find this post :-\ I figure I won't be using a whole lot because of using just on the bike, we will see. My latest trial on my KW and my Fifth RV was Marine Polish (Boat Wax) with PFT that I really liked and thought it was much better than my old standby of Meguiars, I do use alot of Meguiars Quick Detail for in between waxes and when I am on the road.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2009, 08:07:13 PM »

Obvious response:

That only works on the AMF models. 

Now thats good humor !!!! :zroflmao:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2009, 12:01:39 PM »

5 pages of this thread & still no good info on which type of snake is best for snake oil.  I will check back later.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.