Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590654 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1845 on: April 19, 2012, 12:19:00 PM »

It is even easier in Vermont and we allow all out of state'ers to partake too.  Just don't use it for self-defense or you will end up sharing a room with someone named Billy Bob for a very long time...

:oops: :nixweiss:
Yea funny how that works???? :2vrolijk_21:

BigLew

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1846 on: April 19, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »

XM855 is over fiddy cent a round??!!! XM193 backorderd?  Jimmeney!
I did land 1k of XM193 on stripper clips at around .44 per..around January

I need to get a nice .22 rimfire for something affordable to shoot..Any suggestions?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1847 on: April 19, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »

It is even easier in Vermont and we allow all out of state'ers to partake too.  Just don't use it for self-defense or you will end up sharing a room with someone named Billy Bob for a very long time...

Why can you carry and not use for self defense? Not quite sure why? You hafta bonk them on the head with it?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1848 on: April 19, 2012, 12:44:48 PM »

XM855 is over fiddy cent a round??!!! XM193 backorderd?  Jimmeney!
I did land 1k of XM193 on stripper clips at around .44 per..around January

I need to get a nice .22 rimfire for something affordable to shoot..Any suggestions?

Pistol?  Colt 1911 22LR is a fun one to shoot, if you like 1911 style handguns.  Sig Mosquito for DA.  I'm sure there are others, but I've shot both of these (own the Colt) and they are nice shooters.  500 rounds of bulk ammo for about 18 bucks.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #1849 on: April 19, 2012, 01:04:59 PM »

Why can you carry and not use for self defense? Not quite sure why? You hafta bonk them on the head with it?

Funny you should say that.  There was a recent case here where a guy threatened to kill a co-worker.  The co-worker got a handgun to protect himself.  This guy shows up at the co-workers house and the co-worker shoots the guy and kills him.  After he emptied the clip, he hits the guy over the head with the butt of the gun.  He got 15 years because he hit the guy over the head.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #1850 on: April 19, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »

I see the right to carry as multi-layered issue.
Second Amendment gives us the right to carry and should not be so segmented from one jurisdiction to another. I agree with others who have said more training is needed before a permit is issued. It needs to be a combination of the mechanics of shooting and maintaining the weapon in addition to the legal aspects like  police officers going through  "shoot, don't shoot" scenarios. This way a person can learn what is considered a justified shooting and what would land them in jail.

Gun holders in the past learned gun safety from childhood with hunting and target shooting. Back then there wasn't such a fear of guns. As mentioned in some posts we are no longer a rural culture so many don't grow up around guns so they fear them and don't see a need for them since they only see guns as an offensive thing. They have a mistaken belief that the police will prevent harm to them.
One saying says "when seconds count the police will be there in minutes." In reality that does appear correct in most cases.

Creating "gun free zones" like schools and churches etc. will only advertise to the criminal where to find a collection of unarmed people that makes for easy pickings.  In Florida the car jackings and robberies went up around airports when they allowed more state residents to carry guns. Reason being the criminal couldn't trust that a Florida resident wasn't packing a weapon but they knew a traveler would be unarmed and probably carrying lots of vacation money and electronics. rental cars used to have large bumper stickers advertising their company and that was another way for criminals to spot the easy prey.
Lawmakers play to the general public that thinks passing a law makes you safe. That is sadly not the truth. The Columbine shootings were an example. had the two suspects survived the day they would have faced over 300 years in jail just on the existing laws they broke. So would one more year in jail for carring a gun on school grounds have prevented that tragedy?
I think we need better upbringing to accept responsability for our actions and to respect the value of human life don't get into a shooting over road rage or because someone "dissed" you. maybe the violent video games kids play today has desensitised them to value of human life?
I like the quote from Benjamin Franklin: They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1851 on: April 19, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »

I see the right to carry as multi-layered issue.
Second Amendment gives us the right to carry and should not be so segmented from one jurisdiction to another. I agree with others who have said more training is needed before a permit is issued. It needs to be a combination of the mechanics of shooting and maintaining the weapon in addition to the legal aspects like  police officers going through  "shoot, don't shoot" scenarios. This way a person can learn what is considered a justified shooting and what would land them in jail.

Gun holders in the past learned gun safety from childhood with hunting and target shooting. Back then there wasn't such a fear of guns. As mentioned in some posts we are no longer a rural culture so many don't grow up around guns so they fear them and don't see a need for them since they only see guns as an offensive thing. They have a mistaken belief that the police will prevent harm to them.
One saying says "when seconds count the police will be there in minutes." In reality that does appear correct in most cases.

Creating "gun free zones" like schools and churches etc. will only advertise to the criminal where to find a collection of unarmed people that makes for easy pickings.  In Florida the car jackings and robberies went up around airports when they allowed more state residents to carry guns. Reason being the criminal couldn't trust that a Florida resident wasn't packing a weapon but they knew a traveler would be unarmed and probably carrying lots of vacation money and electronics. rental cars used to have large bumper stickers advertising their company and that was another way for criminals to spot the easy prey.
Lawmakers play to the general public that thinks passing a law makes you safe. That is sadly not the truth. The Columbine shootings were an example. had the two suspects survived the day they would have faced over 300 years in jail just on the existing laws they broke. So would one more year in jail for carring a gun on school grounds have prevented that tragedy?
I think we need better upbringing to accept responsability for our actions and to respect the value of human life don't get into a shooting over road rage or because someone "dissed" you. maybe the violent video games kids play today has desensitised them to value of human life?
I like the quote from Benjamin Franklin: They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Well said.  Criminals who are smart enough (big disclaimer here) know where guns will be & where they will not be & use that to their advantage.  The people that live in "Gun Free" cities - legislated as such - are easy targets, sadly.

If we require classes on who or where or when we can shoot - generally am ok with that - limited & to a point.  But if the instruction is not clear, or the instructor is misinformed, or you cross a state line, or if the class does not listen, or if the listener is an abject idiot - it does no good.  So I tend to go with personal responsibility as the over riding factor.  If you use it, you are responsible. And SOCIETY is NOT responsible for our individual actions, IMHO.

If we continue to allow our freedoms to be stripped away, one by one, and do nothing to prevent it, then we deserve the eventual "safety" yoke that we will all be wearing in the place of the freedom we squandered.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1852 on: April 19, 2012, 02:33:25 PM »

With the Radicalization of America and most recently Ted Nugent's crazy comments at NRA I'm glad I have the right to carry a weapon and protect myself from those Americans who want to kill other Americans for not believing in their agenda. I'm sorry but when any person uses phrases such as; "...Can Suck On My Machine Gun", "...A Black Jew At a Nazi-Klan Rally" and "...Chop Their Heads Off" the only good that can come out of that Radical Lanquage is that nobody get killed. Maybe Ted and the other Radicals out there need to become part of the Taliban or Al Qaeda

I can only pray that no American will being killing another American in defense of the political beliefs this year.

Just CALM DOWN people!!!!!! If you don't like it VOTE! :soapbox:
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #1853 on: April 19, 2012, 03:48:03 PM »

Last week i had to get towed in on the sesg. I told the driver to hang on a minute while i pulled out a .38 a .40 glock couple boxes of ammo and two speed loaders. He was all super polite i geuss he though id plug him if he wasnt. Id planned on doing some target shootin. :orange: :bananarock:

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1854 on: April 19, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

Last week i had to get towed in on the sesg. I told the driver to hang on a minute while i pulled out a .38 a .40 glock couple boxes of ammo and two speed loaders. He was all super polite i geuss he though id plug him if he wasnt. Id planned on doing some target shootin. :orange: :bananarock:

Nice Van! :bananarock: :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:LOL

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #1855 on: April 19, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »

On a side note, to get a concealed weapons permit in Georgia is ridiculously easy. I recently moved here from Florida and changed residency so I needed to get a permit for Georgia. It consists of going to the probate court of your county, filling out a photocopied application and getting your fingerprints recorded at a local police department for a background check. In a couple of short weeks you get a laminated 3 x 4 piece of paper stating you are now legal to carry a concealed weapon. On the back it even states in bold black letters "GEORGIA CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT" if there was any doubt. That's right. No classes, no pictures, no proof of any firearm knowledge.

That's the best exercise of the 2nd amendment out there.  Wanna bet if you have a record or any psychological reasons for not getting one issued, it will not be approved?  I also believe, if we are to have a well armed public; it should also be a well trained public.  Sworn Officers are required to train, it should be a stipulation of having a permit to carry.  Heck, it should also be a stipulation to own one.  Retraining at least once every three years, 50 rounds, with several hours of gun safety and maintenance.  This would reduce significantly accidental discharge while cleaning.  A very common cause of death in private residences.

It should be easy to get a CC if you have no record, and are of sound mind.  The stuff some municipalities, like San Francisco do is appalling.  Since citizens are not armed, only the cops and crooks are armed.  A virtual city of sitting ducks. 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #1856 on: April 19, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

[/quote]

Smith & Wesson Model 41      You will absolutely love it.  :2vrolijk_21:
Jesus is Lord

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #1857 on: April 19, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »

Creating "gun free zones" like schools and churches etc. will only advertise to the criminal where to find a collection of unarmed people that makes for easy pickings.  

In Tennessee the only absolute "no carry allowed" is in Federal or State buildings, i.e. court houses, employment office, DMV, etc.  Firearms are allowed on public school grounds as long as the firearm stays inside the vehicle and the vehicle is locked when unattended. This applies to Handgun Permit holders.  The only other places that a permit holder cannot enter armed are those that display a state designed "firearms prohibited" sign and is displayed by the entrances. 
Jesus is Lord

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #1858 on: April 20, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »

Smith & Wesson Model 41      You will absolutely love it.  :2vrolijk_21:

About $1,000 - It's the best....wife outscores me most of the time.  Groups the size of a quarter at 50 feet.  Sweet semi-auto.
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #1859 on: April 20, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »

http://www.ruger.com/products/markIII/index.html
have the target model . great little gun fun and cheap to shot
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 201

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.