Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590677 times)

Tuneso

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SERG
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2025 on: November 03, 2012, 12:54:04 AM »

My boys

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #2026 on: November 03, 2012, 03:59:48 AM »

Yesterday November 01, 2012 was the first day that concealed permit holders could openly carry in the state of Oklahoma. Even though there are still some restrictions it looks like the old west is not back in full force. I have not seen anyone other than myself carrying openly the last two days. I purposely carried open just to test public perception of me and their reactions. I carried locally as well as out of town where I am not know. I did not notice any difference in the way I was treated either place. About 50% did not notice or just did not react. Those that did notice had varying responses from grabbing their kids and heading the other way, most at least mentioned it to their shopping companions. I did go into a new sporting goods store here and within 25 feet of entering the store on grand opening weekend had two security peeps trail me all over the store for about 45 minutes. Will I open carry all the time. NO. I want the element of surprise should the need arise for me to use my weapons(s) but am glad that I now have the choice since it is nearly impossible to completely conceal the outline of the weapon or keep you shirt tail or jacket from gaping open and allowing the weapon to be visible. Makes a more law abiding citizen out of me. 141,000 concealed carry holders in Oklahoma now have the right to carry openly. There may be some hope yet.

I wish we could do either open or concealed here... but that will likely NEVER happen. HI has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country.

Maybe I need to retire out of state and live somewhere there are more "freedoms".

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #2027 on: November 03, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

Most of em

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2028 on: November 03, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »

Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
« Reply #2029 on: November 04, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »

Most of em
All at once???  ;D  Just Kidding! Nice collection!!

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2030 on: November 04, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »

Most of em

Nice. i would need two pix , one for long weapons other for handguns. One day I'll take them all out.!

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #2031 on: November 04, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »

Not sure I would post anything that I bought private party.  I had a few non-store-bought items but they either got sold or fell out of the canoe in the lake when it flipped.

Just sayin'
Spada84
NoSofa!

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2032 on: November 05, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »

I wish we could do either open or concealed here... but that will likely NEVER happen. HI has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country.

Maybe I need to retire out of state and live somewhere there are more "freedoms".

Think so?  Come visit Illinois some time!
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2033 on: November 05, 2012, 10:04:53 AM »

Yesterday November 01, 2012 was the first day that concealed permit holders could openly carry in the state of Oklahoma. Even though there are still some restrictions it looks like the old west is not back in full force. I have not seen anyone other than myself carrying openly the last two days. I purposely carried open just to test public perception of me and their reactions. I carried locally as well as out of town where I am not know. I did not notice any difference in the way I was treated either place. About 50% did not notice or just did not react. Those that did notice had varying responses from grabbing their kids and heading the other way, most at least mentioned it to their shopping companions. I did go into a new sporting goods store here and within 25 feet of entering the store on grand opening weekend had two security peeps trail me all over the store for about 45 minutes. Will I open carry all the time. NO. I want the element of surprise should the need arise for me to use my weapons(s) but am glad that I now have the choice since it is nearly impossible to completely conceal the outline of the weapon or keep you shirt tail or jacket from gaping open and allowing the weapon to be visible. Makes a more law abiding citizen out of me. 141,000 concealed carry holders in Oklahoma now have the right to carry openly. There may be some hope yet.

The only value of a open carry provision is to avoid inadvertant printing hassles. Open carry makes you the absolute first target, usually by ambush, and totally undermines the element of surprise rendering you a sitting duck.  There are a number a great holsters, crossbread, sparks, etc, that can do a very good job of comfortably concealing even a full sized 1911 with the right clothing, and can easily make a bobtailed Pro or Ultra disappear with the sheerest of shirts.  I'm not sure what weapon you favor, but if you can sufficiently conceal a 1911, you can make easy work of the scores of polymers out there today. My .02 fwiw.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #2034 on: November 05, 2012, 02:45:15 PM »

The only value of a open carry provision is to avoid inadvertant printing hassles. Open carry makes you the absolute first target, usually by ambush, and totally undermines the element of surprise rendering you a sitting duck.  There are a number a great holsters, crossbread, sparks, etc, that can do a very good job of comfortably concealing even a full sized 1911 with the right clothing, and can easily make a bobtailed Pro or Ultra disappear with the sheerest of shirts.  I'm not sure what weapon you favor, but if you can sufficiently conceal a 1911, you can make easy work of the scores of polymers out there today. My .02 fwiw.

Very well said. I only openly carried for a couple of days to check out public perception and it was quite interesting to say the least. The printing statement you made has been my campaign point for quite a while.
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2035 on: November 12, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »

Very well said. I only openly carried for a couple of days to check out public perception and it was quite interesting to say the least. The printing statement you made has been my campaign point for quite a while.
Hey Flash, how's the open carry going over there next door to me? Seen many doing it and what's the feed back like?

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #2036 on: November 13, 2012, 06:15:04 PM »

Hey Flash, how's the open carry going over there next door to me? Seen many doing it and what's the feed back like?

Openly carried the first two days it was legal Beretta PX4 storm full size. Detective style right side, belt level all black no cover on it at all other that holster and strap to secure weapon in place. Only about 50% even noticed those that did if alone looked and went back to business, if with another adult communicated in some way that there was someone open carrying then both looked at the same time but really did not react any other way, adults with children took the child by the hand and went to another aisle or part of the stores or placed their hand on top of the child's head and controlled the child's visual field of sight until I passed or they went the other way. The most interesting thing that happened is when I went into a large sporting goods store. An employee stopped me and offered me a sale flyer then asked what I was interested in told me I looked like the outdoorsy type and pointed me to that section I believe they call it "The Lodge" as I started to move towards that part of the store two (2) male store employees with communication devices fell in behind me and followed me all over the store for the next forty-five (45) minutes or so. I did encounter one (1) LEO who looked my way smiled, nodded and went on about his business. I did have on convenience store owner ask me not to carry in the store since it scared the employees. I told them I had been carrying into the store almost everytime I had been in there for the last couple of years the look I got was Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm then duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Somewhere back in this thread I posted a pic of a business type card that some where handing out right after concealed carry came in. I have about 300 of them and think I may start handing them out.
I still believe that I am better protected by concealing and getting the element of surprise but now do not have to worry about some LEO power tripping and giving me grief over an accidental exposure or printing of the weapon. All in all not much has changed I have only seen on person out and about openly carrying with the exception of a group touting second (2nd) ammendment rights they have been doing lunch, breakfast, dinner meetings while openly carrying. This is prob more than you asked for but...........................
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #2037 on: November 17, 2012, 12:54:28 AM »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/16/15216903-woman-pulls-gun-on-flasher-im-going-to-blow-your-brains-out?lite

Good on her for protecting herself, but what's the point in carring if you don't already have the mag inserted and a round in the chamber? If this was a situation where she was in immediate danger, it wouldn't have done her much good!

Woman pulls gun on flasher: 'I'm going to blow your brains out'
A Ruger .380.
By Jason White, NBC News
A flasher allegedly got more than he bargained for when he approached a woman at a lake in Washington state this week: a Ruger .380 pointing back at him.

“I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it,” the woman told The Daily News online. “I said, ‘You need to leave or I’ll shoot you. I’m going to blow your brains out.’”

The gun reportedly had the intended effect.

“Oh, [expletive]!” the man declared, according to the paper, before running away.

The 35-year-old woman was at Lake Sacajawea in Longview, Wash., with her 6-year-old son and a dog Wednesday evening when the man approached, police confirmed to NBC News.

He allegedly sat down and began performing a sex act and said she should watch.

It was at that point that she pulled out her gun.

After the man ran away, she sent her dog, a Norwegian Buhund Hound, after him, police said. The dog cornered him, and when she called the dog back, the man disappeared into the darkness.

The alleged flasher is described as a “white male in his early 20s with short dark-blond hair and wearing a gray hoody and dark blue jeans,” the paper reported.

Detective Kyle Sahim said police are actively investigating the incident, including whether it is connected to another reported flashing in the area.

"Not a common event in Longview," Sahim said.

Just noticed this was my post 1000!  :bananarock:

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2038 on: November 17, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »

Thanks Flash for the report!! That was interesting!! Keep us posted if something interesting goes down!!!

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2039 on: November 17, 2012, 04:01:32 PM »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/16/15216903-woman-pulls-gun-on-flasher-im-going-to-blow-your-brains-out?lite

Good on her for protecting herself, but what's the point in carring if you don't already have the mag inserted and a round in the chamber? If this was a situation where she was in immediate danger, it wouldn't have done her much good!

Just noticed this was my post 1000!  :bananarock:

Congrats  Crusty on #1000  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 201

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.