Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590625 times)

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2385 on: October 07, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »

Oh my.....

Dang it! I told my housekeeper no pictures!

Actually I think that was Charlton Heston's collection

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #2386 on: October 07, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »

Actually I think that was Charlton Heston's collection

Yup :2vrolijk_21:

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2387 on: October 09, 2013, 11:06:28 AM »

You can only see about half of it in this picture! There was also a range right off that room-vault.  A wall full of real Thompsons, a wall full of real BAR's...oh my!

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2388 on: October 09, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »

You can only see about half of it in this picture! There was also a range right off that room-vault.  A wall full of real Thompsons, a wall full of real BAR's...oh my!

Yes I'd give up my next of kin to be his lol. Oh what a will

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2389 on: October 12, 2013, 12:16:43 AM »

Collector -yes
Shooter -no

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #2390 on: October 16, 2013, 02:17:45 PM »

Anyone try a Sneaky Pete with a compact 45 yet?

http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2391 on: October 16, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »

New product to me, but I do like the name lol.

I might try it for my diamondback, but a Glock 27 no way. They're a huge "compact" as it is. I don't know how much smaller any compact .45 could be(other than a doubletap), but as far as I know once you go beyond .380 you're really out of the compact size range. It would look like a cell phone holder for the old Motorola brick phone. Still concealed while at the same time readily accessible, but man would that thing stick out.

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #2392 on: October 16, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »

Sneaky Pete with my Kahr 45 would like I was carrying a small phone book on my hip! Isn't compact 45 a oxymoron?
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2393 on: October 16, 2013, 03:09:52 PM »

Isn't compact 45 a oxymoron?

Afraid so, unless there's some new magic material they can make them out of. Any smaller and they'd have a life expectancy of maybe two magazines, and that's if it doesn't grenade upon the first fire.

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2394 on: October 16, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »

I like the looks of the Sneaky Pete might be a good fit for my Kimber Solo.  Has anyone here purchased one yet? 
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #2395 on: October 16, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »

I've never had any issues carrying my Custom Shop Kimber Stainless Covert in .45ACP.  It has the officers size frame with a combat commander size slide, single stack magazine holds 7 rounds.  Loaded with Cor-Bon 230 grain pre-fragmented jacketed hollow points with +P powder load, it can get just a little heavy on the hip by the end of the day.  However, for concealment purposes, it hides very well under a loose T-shirt.  I took off the ambidextrous thumb safety and put on the single thumb safety because almost every holster I tried would undo the left handed safety and that scared me some.  Also installed the "memory" grip safety and an arched main spring housing to better fit the palm of my hand.  Been considering the Crimson Trace Laser grips but really don't want to get where I'm relying on a red dot to aim.  Kinda wished I had gone with a model with an aluminum frame to reduce the overall weight a little but the stainless frame doesn't add too much difference in weight.
Jesus is Lord

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2396 on: October 16, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »

I've never had any issues carrying my Custom Shop Kimber Stainless Covert in .45ACP.  It has the officers size frame with a combat commander size slide, single stack magazine holds 7 rounds.  Loaded with Cor-Bon 230 grain pre-fragmented jacketed hollow points with +P powder load, it can get just a little heavy on the hip by the end of the day.  However, for concealment purposes, it hides very well under a loose T-shirt.  I took off the ambidextrous thumb safety and put on the single thumb safety because almost every holster I tried would undo the left handed safety and that scared me some.  Also installed the "memory" grip safety and an arched main spring housing to better fit the palm of my hand.  Been considering the Crimson Trace Laser grips but really don't want to get where I'm relying on a red dot to aim.  Kinda wished I had gone with a model with an aluminum frame to reduce the overall weight a little but the stainless frame doesn't add too much difference in weight.

Nice pistol  :2vrolijk_21:

I really like my Kimber

Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2397 on: October 16, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »

You'd be surprised how a few ounces less w/ the light-weight frame makes a difference when carrying all day.....but, not enough to give up the .45 for smaller caliber.  Everything is a 'compromise', isn't it?
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2398 on: October 16, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »

You'd be surprised how a few ounces less w/ the light-weight frame makes a difference when carrying all day.....but, not enough to give up the .45 for smaller caliber.  Everything is a 'compromise', isn't it?

A handgun is a compromise, a rifle is to large to carry  :2vrolijk_21:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2399 on: October 16, 2013, 09:05:09 PM »

A handgun is a compromise, a rifle is to large to carry  :2vrolijk_21:
Definitely, easier......buy, my Dad rode his '39 Knucklehead back and forth across the USA & Mexico with a  shotgun in a scabbard on the front forks/handlebar.  Back when.  ;) har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 201

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.