Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590645 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2655 on: January 19, 2015, 03:46:46 PM »

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2656 on: January 19, 2015, 06:02:05 PM »

It is convenient, but every time I consider something like that I remember that the primary reason I want my small pistols in a holster, even in my pocket is to keep the trigger covered for safety.  Don't want my chap stick or the errant thread pulling the 'bang stick'.  :nervous:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #2657 on: January 19, 2015, 06:53:54 PM »

It is convenient, but every time I consider something like that I remember that the primary reason I want my small pistols in a holster, even in my pocket is to keep the trigger covered for safety.  Don't want my chap stick or the errant thread pulling the 'bang stick'.  :nervous:  spyder

And that's why I will never carry a Glock!

I will only carry guns that have a true ambi safety (I'm a lefty)... like my P938 and PX4, and my wife's little ambi-safety P238. No lemon-squeezers or dual-trigger thingies in my holster.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2658 on: January 20, 2015, 07:22:49 AM »

I had read when you posted that before. How in the world do they manage to do it? Cameras or just LEOs running all out of state plates?

They have cameras at the interstates taking pictures of the tags of vehicles entering the state, and on may other major roads entering.

Running tags only gives vehicle and registered owner info. Each individual state has a different format for info given, and some can be down right difficult to read. In Ma. a persons CCW status is not part of their vehicle or license information. I have not seen a state that has that info included in a simple vehicle registration query.

Not sure how detailed a tag run they do.  There was an Article in the news, on Yahoo just after Christmas about a FL family that was stopped.  The police searched their SUV for 2 hours looking for his gun, which he repeatedly told them it was in FL.  They put his family in one patrol car and him in another.  Two hours later they were let go. 

Registered owner info, will let you know if the owner has a CCW.  So in my house, all vehicle owners would show up as a CCW holder as both of us have ours.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2659 on: January 20, 2015, 08:45:42 AM »

And that's why I will never carry a Glock!

I will only carry guns that have a true ambi safety (I'm a lefty)... like my P938 and PX4, and my wife's little ambi-safety P238. No lemon-squeezers or dual-trigger thingies in my holster.

Ken
I am just the opposite ken I would only carry a Glock
No safety no de cocker no B S

Now that being said I buy only Galco holsters so I'm am confident that my weapon is safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2660 on: January 20, 2015, 09:57:30 AM »

And once a round has been jacked into the chamber, the only 'safety' is between your ears.....hence, the now common term 'glock leg' resulting from accidental discharges.  :(  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #2661 on: January 20, 2015, 12:28:45 PM »

I am just the opposite ken I would only carry a Glock
No safety no de cocker no B S

Now that being said I buy only Galco holsters so I'm am confident that my weapon is safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and hopefully no shot up personal body parts...

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #2662 on: January 20, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »

It is convenient, but every time I consider something like that I remember that the primary reason I want my small pistols in a holster, even in my pocket is to keep the trigger covered for safety Don't want my chap stick or the errant thread pulling the 'bang stick'.  :nervous:  spyder

Don't carry mine in my pocket, I clip it inside my waist band.

But for folks who want it clipped in their pocket they sell a cheesy looking trigger guard.

http://technaclip.com/index.php/lcp-trigger-guard.html

They also sell one for the Glocks which looks much more useable.

http://technaclip.com/index.php/saf-t-blok.html

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2663 on: January 20, 2015, 01:22:48 PM »

In my experience it is important to have a secure holster not only to securely hold a weapon but to aid concealment by minimizing the familiar edges of a weapon. it also helps to return weapon to a safe location without burning the wearer. I feel sad for those who don't realize how hot their gun can get even after just a shot or two, it would certainly distract you if you tried to insert a hot handgun into your pocket or waistband when the person should be focusing on their target and surroundings in case suspect is getting up or other offenders are arriving on the scene.
You also have to be wary of possible "fallout" of your weapon if it's just in a pocket or clipped in waistband whether by a bump on the road or using a restroom and pants are down..... :huepfenlol2:

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #2664 on: January 20, 2015, 01:48:09 PM »

Don't carry mine in my pocket, I clip it inside my waist band.

But for folks who want it clipped in their pocket they sell a cheesy looking trigger guard.

http://technaclip.com/index.php/lcp-trigger-guard.html

They also sell one for the Glocks which looks much more useable.

http://technaclip.com/index.php/saf-t-blok.html

Not sure about that inside the waistband style. I am lucky I can fit my big ass in my pants let alone anything else.  :)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #2665 on: January 20, 2015, 02:09:16 PM »

... Not sure about that inside the waistband style. I am lucky I can fit my big ass in my pants let alone anything else.  :)

LOL! I have the opposite problem. An inherited condition known as Noassatallitis...

I always carry IWB in a Tommy Theis horsehide (P938) or a Crossbreed SuperTuck horsehide (PX4).

And if I ever have to fire my weapon in self defense, it for sure is NOT going back in my holster until I am sure the threat has been dealt with and the area is secure. Only then will I safe the weapon and re-holster it.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2666 on: January 20, 2015, 03:52:35 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: That's funny, Tommy!  All I know is, I've got 18 shots!  If I ain't secured the area by then, I'm throwin' the pistol at 'em, and they'll have to shoot me in the a$$, 'cause I'm bookin'!  There endeth the lesson.  8) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2667 on: January 20, 2015, 05:43:32 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: That's funny, Tommy!  All I know is, I've got 18 shots!  If I ain't secured the area by then, I'm throwin' the pistol at 'em, and they'll have to shoot me in the a$$, 'cause I'm bookin'!  There endeth the lesson.  8) Later--HUBBARD
Hub, the only reason I'm going to be in a gun fight in the first place is 'cause I couldn't  'book'.  And if I remember correctly, you and I both have a hitch in our git-along that pretty much curtails us 'bookin' at any successful pace, so....THERE endeth the lesson.  har!  spyder

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2668 on: January 21, 2015, 09:46:30 AM »

And once a round has been jacked into the chamber, the only 'safety' is between your ears.....hence, the now common term 'glock leg' resulting from accidental discharges.  :(  spyder

I carry a G23 sometimes but it is not my favorite carry piece. Like Ken said, I prefer a manual safety. It is always on my mind to make sure nothing is in the way when I holster my weapon or remove it from the holster. There have been several LEO's that have extensive training that have had ND's due to a drawstring on their jacket or some other object causing their weapon to discharge.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2669 on: January 22, 2015, 11:15:48 AM »

Hub, the only reason I'm going to be in a gun fight in the first place is 'cause I couldn't  'book'.  And if I remember correctly, you and I both have a hitch in our git-along that pretty much curtails us 'bookin' at any successful pace, so....THERE endeth the lesson.  har!  spyder

I concur, spyder!  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 201

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 21 queries.