Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590605 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2715 on: March 22, 2016, 12:07:19 PM »

Local rides I'm usually packing a Colt .380 (Mark IV/Series 80) Government Model, w/hollow points.  Out on the Big Road, I'm packin' a Kimber .45, in a shoulder-holster.  Hope I never have to use 'em in self-defense.  But as DeNiro told Pacino in "HEAT", "I would not hesitate."  Too old to trade punches now!   8)  Later--HUBBARD   

Hub, I just want to know what is considered local to you. I do remember riding the wonderful roads of West Virginia with you leading the ride and I'm sure you had the Kimber .45  in that shoulder-holster.
I did feel protected.

Mike
 :drink:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #2716 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »

Those grips are just cool, spyder!  Been looking for some Walnut grips for my .380, but ain't found 'em yet.  Don't know where I could find some, do ya'?  Don't care too much for the factory black ones.  Later--HUBBARD

These guys do an assortment of grips for 1911s.  wickedgrips.com  I have an old 1911 (1965) that the original grips shrunk up on.  I got some really nice ebony grips from them. 

Depending on your frame type this may not be of much help, however.  They're worth a look in case you have another roscoe needing grips.

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2717 on: March 22, 2016, 12:24:37 PM »

Hub, let me dig through my stuff, I may have some.  Just had some Ivory ones made for my Gov't.380 which I've carried for many years when a .45 was too 'large or heavy'.  Lucky that I got this one back when it was taken as 'evidence' when I was run over on the Huckleberry a few years back.  Also lucky that I didn't pull the trigger on the old dude that pulled out into me and stood off watching as cars went around me as I lay in the rain in the middle of the road.  But, that's another story for another time  ;)
.  Har.  spyder   

Thanks, spyder.  Yeah, I remember that!  You were lucky.........and so was he!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2718 on: March 22, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »

Hub, I just want to know what is considered local to you. I do remember riding the wonderful roads of West Virginia with you leading the ride and I'm sure you had the Kimber .45  in that shoulder-holster.
I did feel protected.

Mike
 :drink:

I did, MIKEY!  That was a good ride, even if SHRADER did say I got lost!  LMAO!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2719 on: March 22, 2016, 12:37:51 PM »

These guys do an assortment of grips for 1911s.  wickedgrips.com  I have an old 1911 (1965) that the original grips shrunk up on.  I got some really nice ebony grips from them. 

Depending on your frame type this may not be of much help, however.  They're worth a look in case you have another roscoe needing grips.

M

Thanks, M.  Nice lookin' piece!  I'll look at that.  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2720 on: March 22, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »

I'll try to remember to post a picture of that little .380 when I get home.  Later--HUBBARD

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #2721 on: March 22, 2016, 12:58:40 PM »

Havent contributed to this thread much.  I've usually got either my Glock G30S (45acp) or my S&W J-frame (.357) M&P model 340 with crimson trace grips with me.  This 13 oz powerhouse is a bit light for full power 357 so usually load with 38+P.  I grew up shooting revolvers and just cant get away from loving them.

Someone earlier mentioned the Glock 43.  My wife got a G43 Talo for Christmas and I put Talon rubber grips on it.  That's one nice shooting light auto. Love the Talo sights.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:04:21 PM by TNCarters »
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #2722 on: March 22, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »

I grew up shooting revolvers and just cant get away from loving them

I like revolvers as well and have five. As far as concealed carry, the attached image denotes my preferences. The Kimber .45 is my favorite carry piece, but harder to conceal depending on how I'm dressed. I have both an ankle and small of the back holster for the S&W J frame, but it generally stays in my truck most of the time or on my person if riding. I don't carry when traveling the northeast corridor heading south on four wheels or two - those states take a dim view on carrying, legally or not...

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #2723 on: March 22, 2016, 04:40:50 PM »

[/quote]
I just started looking for a smaller gun for summer carry. Right now I have a G23 and an XD.Mods2 which are both compact but a little hard to hide for me. How is she liking that 43? It's on my list to check out mainly because the grip angle is the same as my 23 so the sight angle would be real close.

She hasn't had a gun in her hands for years but her job has been taking her into some rough neighborhoods. One night she said "Let's go look for something I can shoot." No problem... I came up with a list of small striker fire 9mm's and the 43 fit her the best. They had an indoor range where we bought it and for $15, an NRA instructor worked with her through the first box of 50. Now, she shoots one or two boxes of shells a week so I'm building us a steel target range below the house.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Do you carry?
« Reply #2724 on: March 22, 2016, 05:42:07 PM »

Bought a new toy

Highpoint 9mm Carbine

My new IWB VM2 holster came in too for my M&P 9c with Crimson Tracer. 

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:44:04 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #2725 on: March 23, 2016, 10:26:01 AM »

My S&W 38 snub nose just got laser grips and what a difference it made to my group at 25 yards. The wife just got a Ruger 380 with laser and its off the range we go to break it in today.
We both have applied for the Arizona CCW permit and are waiting for the reply and hope it will be the first step to for one in CA, but are not holding our breaths. For now concealed carry is only legal while camping here.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #2726 on: March 23, 2016, 11:39:09 AM »

Kimber Crimson Carry 4" with a UBG holster and Wilson Combat magazines.
This holster has proven to be the one I keep coming back to for comfort.

Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2727 on: March 23, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »

Here's that Colt .380, spyder.  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2728 on: March 23, 2016, 01:33:01 PM »

Nice little piece.  Easy to hide.  Later--HUBBARD

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2729 on: March 23, 2016, 02:37:17 PM »

Anyone see the new Kimber K-6? wheel gun?

BigLew
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 201

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.