Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590652 times)

Miss Susan

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

• CVO1: 2003 Lowrider
    • CVO2: 1971 Vespa Scooter
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2820 on: April 01, 2016, 08:41:44 AM »

Exactly why I'm waiting on the 43. Initially considered a 380 for the wife until I saw the price difference in ammo. We found her and XD she felt comfortable with so that one is hers.

I like my Glock 27, the gun and the "grip" is small for the size of my hand and is a good size for whatever bag I carry.  However, the price of the ammo is something to consider.  I hope I don't need to use a lot of ammo except in practice.   :)

Miss Susan
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders, Mother Chapter, Princeton WV
Charter Member CVO Critter Gawking Society
2023 Maggie Valley
2022 Maggie Valley
2021 Maggie Valley
2020 Maggie Valley
2019 Maggie Valley
2018 Maggie Valley
2017 Maggie Valley
2016 Maggie Valley
2016 WV GTG
2015 Maggie Valley
2015 New River Gorge
2014 Maggie Valley
2012 Maggie Valley

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2821 on: April 01, 2016, 08:49:40 AM »

Many individuals are searching for a nice firearm for wife, daughter, sister etc.. some wanting 40 S&W and it is all about weight, grip comfort and feel in the hand prior to discharging the weapon, then recoil and nose flip.

The pistol should feel nice in the hand to be comfortable that is why I think a H&K P30 and P30L and Walther PPQ M2 due to their ADJUSTABLE grips and weight are options for women that are often over looked.

Not pushing gun sales here, I have seen too many people purchase a H&K Pistol, not knowing which variant to BUY and PURCHASE the wrong one, then get on the internet and trash the H&K trigger system. Walther has streamlined the selection process, so a novice can't make any mistakes with regards to variants the PPQ M2 has a smooth trigger.

I prefer H&K because it handles the recoil a tad better and the grip has adjustable side panels and back straps.

For me, and only me these are my 2 top picks for the ladies in 40 S&W, actually 9mm would be the same.

Great post!  My daughter will be 21 in Sept., and she's been target shooting with me for years.  I'm gonna' buy her a Glock Model 19, 9MM, for her birthday.  Don't fret about being accused of pushin' Gun Sales........Obama's the best Gun salesman that ever lived!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #2822 on: April 01, 2016, 10:34:56 AM »

As far as grip goes (er...stock?), once I felt a 1911, I knew I'd found my favorite grip.  I've been watching the 1911 9mm's for some time now.  Kimber has one, but as much as I like my Kimber's, we all know they're pricey.  I'd love a Nighthawk or a Wilson, but that's definitely going the wrong direction price-wise for a retiree.  I'd be looking for a 4" barrel with a single stack.  They are just so comfy to shoot and conceal, and what's not to like about their looks?
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2823 on: April 01, 2016, 03:47:25 PM »

I looked hard at a 938 today. New one, one mag, plastic box and paperwork for $615. Just seemed to have trouble getting my finger inside of the trigger guard. Would have to be one of those guns I'd need a few hundred rounds through it to get used to it. Liked the size of it but like I stated earlier, not much for the price although that one was about $80 lower than most of the other shops around here. I'm still thinking the Colt Defender with the factory installed Hogue grips on it but have yet to come across anyone that's owned one or shot one.

Now if Springfield made an XD that size, I'd be all over it. Love shooting the wife's 4" 9mm.

You need to come to GA, I only paid $479 for my P938 SAS. It did only come with 1 mag but I've since bought 3 more for $29 each and swapped out the grips with Hogue BRG's for $25 more and I still have less in it than your Ohio price. I have seen some inflated prices at a few stores like Cabela's or Gander Mountain on the Extreme models but those stores always have high prices. Do you have to pay a special gun tax or something?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2824 on: April 01, 2016, 03:49:55 PM »

You need to come to GA, I only paid $479 for my P938 SAS. It did only come with 1 mag but I've since bought 3 more for $29 each and swapped out the grips with Hogue BRG's for $25 more and I still have less in it than your Ohio price. I have seen some inflated prices at a few stores like Cabela's or Gander Mountain on the Extreme models but those stores always have high prices. Do you have to pay a special gun tax or something?
No special taxes. Must be a regional price thing. How long ago did you get yours?
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

!
« Reply #2825 on: April 01, 2016, 10:41:44 PM »

My companion :)

Hey, 4tigers!  Good lookin' SIG.  Looks like you use Wilson clips.  I've used them for years.  Hard to beat!  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2826 on: April 02, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »

No special taxes. Must be a regional price thing. How long ago did you get yours?

September last year. Yesterday I saw one at my local gun store, who are usually MSRP plus, for $579. They had G43's also but I don't remember the price. Many of the shops around here have the G43's in stock, maybe Glock's US headquarters in the area makes a difference.  :nixweiss:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #2827 on: April 02, 2016, 07:17:48 PM »

September last year. Yesterday I saw one at my local gun store, who are usually MSRP plus, for $579. They had G43's also but I don't remember the price. Many of the shops around here have the G43's in stock, maybe Glock's US headquarters in the area makes a difference.  :nixweiss:
You're right. I need to come to GA. Not just for that, much better weather also.

4tigers

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 cvo road glide ultra
Re: !
« Reply #2828 on: April 02, 2016, 09:42:28 PM »

Hey, 4tigers!  Good lookin' SIG.  Looks like you use Wilson clips.  I've used them for years.  Hard to beat!  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD

I really like it a lot. It's a little harder to conceal in the summer time and it's pretty heavy, but I think the weight helps with recoil. It's a sweet shooter.👍

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #2829 on: April 22, 2016, 10:05:38 AM »

I never go anywhere without a pistol. I have several, but really like my Springfield XD-S .45. Also carry a Ruger LCP .380 with Crimson Trace laser. Tiny gun but can hit center mass at 25 yards with the laser no sweat. Also, with some of today's ammo, the .380 can really pack a wallop. Good to carry when you're walking the dog or just wearing shorts, etc. Ruger makes a nice 9mm for the ladies. Well, actually for men too. Palmetto State Armory has some great sales if you get on their email list for daily deals. http://palmettostatearmory.com/daily-deals-new.html
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

Asphalt_Cowboy

« Reply #2830 on: June 07, 2016, 10:30:13 PM »

Carry everyday. On the truck I have a Glock 19 Gen 4 and when I'm home or riding the bike, I carry a S&W Shield 9mm. I don't worry about anything when traveling since I have a CC permit and the states I travel through have reciprocity. I also have a Ruger SR1911 that sleeps along side me in my nightstand at home.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2831 on: June 07, 2016, 10:56:38 PM »

Carry everyday. On the truck I have a Glock 19 Gen 4 and when I'm home or riding the bike, I carry a S&W Shield 9mm. I don't worry about anything when traveling since I have a CC permit and the states I travel through have reciprocity. I also have a Ruger SR1911 that sleeps along side me in my nightstand at home.

Not trying to meddle in your business, but I hope that Truck you're talking about ain't Commercial.  Felony for firearm in Commercial Vehicle.  Permit is not recognized by authorities.....in any State.  Later--HUBBARD

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2832 on: June 07, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »

I sold my P238 SAS this past weekend and bought a Kimber Black Crimson Trace Micro .380. While I was doing this I looked at several P938's and then after seeing the post above stating ~$480 I checked at Buds Gun Shop in Lexington who I had bought a few pistols from (No shipping, No tax and local Florida shop handles transfer for $10). There are no under $500 P938's that I could find. I did find a base, no options P238 for that, but it was base model, plastic grips, no night sights, definitely no laser etc. Buds has P938's for ~$600 and a couple at Tampa Gun Show for that. Have a buddy with Fed Lic, he says he has to pay $555 for cheapest P938 so the one in GA for <$500 is a big bargin, where did you buy it? I will drive up for that price and take a couple.

Asphalt_Cowboy

« Reply #2833 on: June 07, 2016, 11:42:34 PM »

Not trying to meddle in your business, but I hope that Truck you're talking about ain't Commercial.  Felony for firearm in Commercial Vehicle.  Permit is not recognized by authorities.....in any State.  Later--HUBBARD

Hubbard, with all due respect, that is not correct. Most companies DO have a no firearms policy as well as many shippers and receivers don't allow firearms on their property. However, there is nothing stating that you can't legally carry a loaded firearm in a commercial vehicle. You are subject to local and state laws just like if you were driving any other vehicle. I've also asked DOT officers in more than one state about this, and they told me the same thing. As long as you're allowed to legally carry it, and abide by the laws of that state or states you're fine.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #2834 on: June 08, 2016, 06:19:33 AM »

I sold my P238 SAS this past weekend and bought a Kimber Black Crimson Trace Micro .380. While I was doing this I looked at several P938's and then after seeing the post above stating ~$480 I checked at Buds Gun Shop in Lexington who I had bought a few pistols from (No shipping, No tax and local Florida shop handles transfer for $10). There are no under $500 P938's that I could find. I did find a base, no options P238 for that, but it was base model, plastic grips, no night sights, definitely no laser etc. Buds has P938's for ~$600 and a couple at Tampa Gun Show for that. Have a buddy with Fed Lic, he says he has to pay $555 for cheapest P938 so the one in GA for <$500 is a big bargin, where did you buy it? I will drive up for that price and take a couple.
There's a local place up here that actually had a base model P938 on sale for $499 last month. Looks just like a more expensive one sitting about 3 guns over from it. Guy at the counter told me they have a few different suppliers and the one with the lower price sets the prices on it. Not quite sure how that works though. I stumbled across a P938 Talo recently on a private sale board for a helluva deal. Never fired, the green one with the Hogue grips and night sights.  Guy had bought it last fall and never fired it. Said he needed money. Who am I to argue with someone that wants to give me a great deal. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 201

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.