Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590628 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2835 on: June 08, 2016, 07:15:46 AM »

Hubbard, with all due respect, that is not correct. Most companies DO have a no firearms policy as well as many shippers and receivers don't allow firearms on their property. However, there is nothing stating that you can't legally carry a loaded firearm in a commercial vehicle. You are subject to local and state laws just like if you were driving any other vehicle. I've also asked DOT officers in more than one state about this, and they told me the same thing. As long as you're allowed to legally carry it, and abide by the laws of that state or states you're fine.

You could be right.  A WV State Trooper told me about that a few years back.  He came to look at the Western Star, (Ol' Blackie), I restored back in 2005-6, and when he opened the Driver's door, he saw the Model 686 I had in the Map Pocket.  He's the one that told me it was against the law to pack in a Commercial vehicle.  'Course, I never paid any attention to that.  If you see Ol' Hub in, or on, a vehicle, he's packing!  My curiosity is up now, and I will find out today.  I have a couple of buddies in the WV DOT.  Later--HUBBARD     
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2836 on: June 08, 2016, 07:33:07 AM »

Be sure and let us know what you find out....I would hate to get busted for something I didn't mean to do!!!  :nixweiss:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2837 on: June 08, 2016, 08:18:20 AM »

Be sure and let us know what you find out....I would hate to get busted for something I didn't mean to do!!!  :nixweiss:

I will, 2k.  I used to live by what ol' Richard Petty said, "if you don't get caught, it ain't cheatin'!"  But like I said, I'm curious now.  It seems the odds in gettin' caught are higher today than they used to be.  Guess back in the day, my street cred was more improtant than anything else.  Looking back.....I was a phuckin' idiot.  Sure am thankful I don't live like that now.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2838 on: June 08, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »

Not trying to meddle in your business, but I hope that Truck you're talking about ain't Commercial.  Felony for firearm in Commercial Vehicle.  Permit is not recognized by authorities.....in any State.  Later--HUBBARD
I will, 2k.  I used to live by what ol' Richard Petty said, "if you don't get caught, it ain't cheatin'!"  But like I said, I'm curious now.  It seems the odds in gettin' caught are higher today than they used to be.  Guess back in the day, my street cred was more improtant than anything else.  Looking back.....I was a phuckin' idiot.  Sure am thankful I don't live like that now.  Later--HUBBARD

Google says...

Can you carry a gun in a commercial vehicle?

CDL Federal Gun Law

You can find additional links here - concealed gun carry on commercial vehicles

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #2839 on: June 08, 2016, 09:46:26 AM »

Wilson Combat .45. Old school but really well made.

Magnut1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #2840 on: June 08, 2016, 10:56:06 AM »

Carry Sig Ultra Compact 45 and/or Sig p938

Have lifetime CC from Indiana and standard CC from Ohio.
I try to avoid states with no reciprocity. When traveling through Ill a few years back, I locked the guns in one bag and ammo in the other, and did the speed limit. I gassed up and locked them up before entering the state and didn't spend a dime in that state.  I gas up before riding through Tenn and don't spend any money there due to their helmet laws.   

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #2841 on: June 08, 2016, 11:06:44 AM »

I sold my P238 SAS this past weekend and bought a Kimber Black Crimson Trace Micro .380. While I was doing this I looked at several P938's and then after seeing the post above stating ~$480 I checked at Buds Gun Shop in Lexington who I had bought a few pistols from (No shipping, No tax and local Florida shop handles transfer for $10). There are no under $500 P938's that I could find. I did find a base, no options P238 for that, but it was base model, plastic grips, no night sights, definitely no laser etc. Buds has P938's for ~$600 and a couple at Tampa Gun Show for that. Have a buddy with Fed Lic, he says he has to pay $555 for cheapest P938 so the one in GA for <$500 is a big bargin, where did you buy it? I will drive up for that price and take a couple.

Cherokee Gun and Pawn in Canton, GA is where I bought my P938 SAS. It only came with one magazine but right now they have the BRG version with 2 mags for $549 per their facebook ad. That small store usually has the best prices in the area and they do free FFL transfers. Another place to watch for online deals is Palmetto State Armory, that is where I picked up the extra magazines, they also have smoking deals on guns occasionally.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #2842 on: June 08, 2016, 11:45:52 AM »

Hubbard, with all due respect, that is not correct. Most companies DO have a no firearms policy as well as many shippers and receivers don't allow firearms on their property. However, there is nothing stating that you can't legally carry a loaded firearm in a commercial vehicle. You are subject to local and state laws just like if you were driving any other vehicle. I've also asked DOT officers in more than one state about this, and they told me the same thing. As long as you're allowed to legally carry it, and abide by the laws of that state or states you're fine.

Correct. Federal law  Title 18 section 926(a)
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2843 on: June 08, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »

Okay, guys.  I just talked to Corporal Long, WV State Police, Princeton Detachment, (304-425-2101).  He told me you cannot legally carry a concealed weapon in a Commercial Vehicle, in the State of WV, with or without, a CCP.  He also said it was the "craziest" thing he had ever heard of, especially in todays world, but that was the Law here.  I'm not trying to be disagreeable with anybody here, but that's what the Trooper said.  Quite frankly, it matters not to me, 'cause when I'm driving, I'm gonna' have a firearm within reach.  Later--HUBBARD 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:40:15 PM by HUBBARD »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2844 on: June 08, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »

Okay, guys.  I just talked to Corporal Long, WV State Police, Princeton Detachment, (304-425-2101).  He told me you cannot legally carry a concealed weapon in a Commercial Vehicle, in the State of WV, with or without, a CCP.  He also said it was the "craziest" thing he had ever heard of, especially in todays world, but that was the Law here.  I'm not trying to be disagreeable with anybody here, but that's what the Trooper said.  Quite frankly, it matters not to me, 'cause when I'm driving, I'm gonna' have a firearm within reach.  Later--HUBBARD
You not being disagreeable. The links I posted stated the same... "local/state laws can prohibit but it's not a federal law".

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2845 on: June 08, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »

Btw, WV just passed a Bill into Law, that says you do not have to have a CCP to carry a gun, anywhere in the State, if you have a clean record.  Later--HUBBARD 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2846 on: June 08, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »

Not uncommon (especially on weapons laws but in other areas as well) for Federal, State and even local statutes to contradict one another.  Problems there are more than the obvious of making it very difficult for the average civilian to know what he/she is actually supposed to do in any given area at any given time.  The same contradictions also mean that a LEO looking for a reason has multiple and even contradictory grounds for action should they be so inclined.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2847 on: June 08, 2016, 06:21:50 PM »

Btw, WV just passed a Bill into Law, that says you do not have to have a CCP to carry a gun, anywhere in the State, if you have a clean record.  Later--HUBBARD

I saw that, as I was investigating for next month's GTG.  :2vrolijk_21:

Asphalt_Cowboy

« Reply #2848 on: June 08, 2016, 06:38:29 PM »

That's interesting. I think most of the problem surrounding the subject is that most just assume you can't, many being law enforcement. I, like you though, will always have one near me. Plus for me, I only go to from Missouri to Iowa and back. I at least know I'm good in those two states. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2849 on: June 08, 2016, 06:54:56 PM »

:-\

OK,  I'm seeing around what a 190+ pages of post here and many posting their "carry" habits.  So,  I'm an old guy that has shotguns he used many years ago while pheasant hunting and duck hunting with quail/rabbits and squirrels as an "extra" bonus while out there.  Also did some goose hunting years ago along the Missouri River fly way........in Nebraska.

Sadly,  I have had no buddies to hunt with now that I'm located in coastal No. Carolina..........and I'm increasingly concerned about the political climate.

I do not have a concealed carry permit and obviously I do not carry a pistol/gun around.............but with current events,  I do indeed have some major concerns for my safety and that of my wife and others.  I've recently been thinking seriously about taking a concealed carry class and geting a permit to carry..........I will be (extremely concerned) if Hilliary gets the nod to become our next president.

If that happens,  I will be first in line locally to sign up for a class and get my permit.......and as a result,  some concealable pistol (not sure just what).

My question to all is................those of you that have posted here with the permits and an obvious (love of) guns for protection................How many of you have encountered a real/live situation where your concealed gun saved your azz or avoided an otherwise bad situation. :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 201

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.