Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590651 times)

mark z

• 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Candy Cobalt and Twilight Blue
  • Junior CVO Member
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1230 on: September 08, 2011, 11:07:23 PM »

Yes I carry.  ;D

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #1231 on: September 17, 2011, 05:20:09 AM »

Yep. I carry at work for the government. Almost always have my personal friend on me or in the saddlebag. Don't leave home without it.
Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1232 on: September 17, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »

Yep. I carry at work for the government. Almost always have my personal friend on me or in the saddlebag. Don't leave home without it.
Ray
Illinois sucks - Would you mind deputizing me?  I can carry in almost every state in the country, except my own. Crazy, corrupt liberals.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #1233 on: September 20, 2011, 07:04:57 AM »

Illinois sucks - Would you mind deputizing me?  I can carry in almost every state in the country, except my own. Crazy, corrupt liberals.
Of course. Raise your right hand and put the other on the Bible and you are good to go. Just tell the law a fellow rider gave you permission to carry. Should be good to go.
 On the other hand, if you just keep it hidden on you till you need it, might work too.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #1234 on: September 20, 2011, 08:09:58 AM »

Yes, I carry a S&W 9 mm in a leather vest with a concealed pocket.  I ride with two other women and we take trips every year that cover multiple state's and with three women riding expensive Harley's we feel safer and more protected.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #1235 on: September 20, 2011, 08:15:21 AM »

:coolblue:yes I do Glock 9mm most of the time .  these day s you never know who wants to be FAMOUS :nixweiss:

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1236 on: September 20, 2011, 11:36:17 AM »

Of course. Raise your right hand and put the other on the Bible and you are good to go. Just tell the law a fellow rider gave you permission to carry. Should be good to go.
 On the other hand, if you just keep it hidden on you till you need it, might work too.
 Ray
Yeah, I wish it was that easy. The chity of Chicago had a handgun ban for 40+ years, until the SCOTUS forced them to overturn the ordinance. So, Chicago then forced people to register handguns at an outragious price BUT you also had to have training with shooting proficiency. However, they maintained the outlaw of gun ranges making it impossible to comply unless you left the city. Then there were reports that they were not honoring the training certs from the border city ranges. So the Ezell case came, and the judge reamed the city, so they tweaked the ordinance where any range had to be at least a ridiculous distance from umpteen categories of current establishments, like schools churches, parks, etc. By the time they plotted it out, no where was possible unless it was in the middle of Lake Michigan. Furthermore, the eventual range would have to pay an enormous licensing fee every year, and deal with all sorts of hardships making it impossible.

So the chity of Chicago just keeps thumbing their noses at the courts and nothing ever happens. Disgusting. Oh, btw, did I forget to mention that all chity alderman and above politians ARE allowed CCW while in the chity, overriding the state laws. Eliteist, Liberal Hypocrits.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1237 on: September 20, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »

Yeah, I wish it was that easy. The chity of Chicago had a handgun ban for 40+ years, until the SCOTUS forced them to overturn the ordinance. So, Chicago then forced people to register handguns at an outragious price BUT you also had to have training with shooting proficiency. However, they maintained the outlaw of gun ranges making it impossible to comply unless you left the city. Then there were reports that they were not honoring the training certs from the border city ranges. So the Ezell case came, and the judge reamed the city, so they tweaked the ordinance where any range had to be at least a ridiculous distance from umpteen categories of current establishments, like schools churches, parks, etc. By the time they plotted it out, no where was possible unless it was in the middle of Lake Michigan. Furthermore, the eventual range would have to pay an enormous licensing fee every year, and deal with all sorts of hardships making it impossible.

So the chity of Chicago just keeps thumbing their noses at the courts and nothing ever happens. Disgusting. Oh, btw, did I forget to mention that all chity alderman and above politians ARE allowed CCW while in the chity, overriding the state laws. Eliteist, Liberal Hypocrits.

What a mess! I can go to my local Ace Hardware and buy a gun! Looking at a Ruger SR 40c there for the wife as a CCW.

Craig

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
« Reply #1238 on: September 20, 2011, 02:12:23 PM »

Living in Alaska... just stopping along side the road for a relief stop can get you into trouble if a large four legged critter happens to be thinking the same thing.  ;)

Springfield XD-45... never go anywhere without it holstered on my hip... sometimes have to lock it in the trunk if a dinner ride takes us to a bar, but other than that, you can count on me having it, even if no one ever sees it.
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #1239 on: September 20, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »

Always carry either  :  1) Glock 36 or
                               2) Chiappa Rhino .357 magnum

I have  a Sig 229 Equinox and I love to shoot with it , but I find it to big to conceal.

:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #1240 on: September 20, 2011, 03:30:07 PM »

Not yet because I'm too cheap to take the concealed carry class.  We'll see how the background goes and then I won't have to take the class...I'll be entrusted to carry a Glock from a Government agency...and that would be kind of nifty.     

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1241 on: September 20, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »

Always carry either  :  1) Glock 36 or
                               2) Chiappa Rhino .357 magnum

I have  a Sig 229 Equinox and I love to shoot with it , but I find it to big to conceal.

:jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack: :jack:

I was looking at a Sig p239 in 40 cal, but just a little to big in the grip for good conceal weapon.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #1242 on: September 20, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »

I was looking at a Sig p239 in 40 cal, but just a little to big in the grip for good conceal weapon.
I agree. however is a great weapon.

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1243 on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:05 AM »

I agree. however is a great weapon.

Yea, later on I'll get one anyway, but looking for a conceal weapon for the wife for now.

Craig

Shovelhead

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE, SERT, SE Heavy Breather, V & H Big Radius 2 into 1, S&S 585 gear-driven cams, Rivera tapered adjustable pushrods, H-D Oil cooler, Baker DD7, SE Compensator, SOHB Wedge Tensioner
« Reply #1244 on: September 21, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »

I always liked this one from Texas!

I know that pic was widely circulated via email as being "from Texas" , but it is actually in Arizona . Unfortunately , we do not have "open carry" in Texas, only concealed, and as crazy as it sounds, a Texas concealed carry license holder can get into quite a bit of trouble if someone reports inadvertently seeing your weapon, such as for instance if you are securing your weapon in a tour pack or vehicle trunk in order to enter an establishment that does not allow carry.
.....started off having a great day this morning,had not been lied to or treated like a fool, then I visited an H-D dealer service dept
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 201

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.