Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 590629 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1425 on: December 16, 2011, 11:54:33 AM »

I don't remember that question on the form here, but I'd likely answer with just a simple "For Self Defense".
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1426 on: December 16, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »

It think that would work well In Idaho. Much better than I wanna shoot road signs.  ;D They might frown on that.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1427 on: December 16, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »

I haven't read much of the thread so this might have been covered already. When you're filling out the CCW permit and they ask for justification on why I need to conceal what is a valid point that they will accept? Not sure if it varies by state or agency. I've heard that if you carry large sums of cash that approach works. Not sure if travelling to different states and out on the road alot wuod suffice. While I have a S&W 9mm, I've never concealed it...or actually fired it since I bought it in 1990. It's spent more time in a base armory than any other place and I've just never taken the time to go to a range to fire it. With that lack of usage I'm not sure why I want a .45 ACP but I do. Always thought the Desert Eagle .44 would be a cool pistol to own but it seems the best place for that is either in the movies or out hunting as a back up weapon.

Thanks.

Yeah, I've got FL and UT, and don't recall being asked for justification. Imho, you shouldn't need to justify a right?  Either way, a .45 is a great CCW weapon. Depending on your body size, a Pro or Ultra might be easier to conceal than a full length Govt.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #1428 on: December 16, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »

I don't remember that question on the form here, but I'd likely answer with just a simple "For Self Defense".

TCnBham is correct, many states are right to carry and you don't have to justify carring a weapon. The reverse is true in those states, they have to prove you have some problem and can't carry.

A .45 is a great self defense gun and the Glock model 36 is very concealable and can be carried for a long time without getting tired or having your pants fall down..... :huepfenlol2:

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1429 on: December 16, 2011, 01:23:41 PM »

I was just looking at the Glock 36. I like the 1911 but other factors come into play for CCW and the Glock fits the bill IMO. Thanks!
2007 Softail Custom

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #1430 on: December 16, 2011, 01:34:26 PM »

I haven't read much of the thread so this might have been covered already. When you're filling out the CCW permit and they ask for justification on why I need to conceal what is a valid point that they will accept? Not sure if it varies by state or agency. I've heard that if you carry large sums of cash that approach works. Not sure if travelling to different states and out on the road alot wuod suffice. While I have a S&W 9mm, I've never concealed it...or actually fired it since I bought it in 1990. It's spent more time in a base armory than any other place and I've just never taken the time to go to a range to fire it. With that lack of usage I'm not sure why I want a .45 ACP but I do. Always thought the Desert Eagle .44 would be a cool pistol to own but it seems the best place for that is either in the movies or out hunting as a back up weapon.

Thanks.

Depending on your line of work, saying that you carry large amounts of cash, cod's and what not is a valid reason....in some states

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1431 on: December 16, 2011, 01:57:43 PM »

Depending on your line of work, saying that you carry large amounts of cash, cod's and what not is a valid reason....in some states

Defense contractor in Iraq so I'm only home 35 days a year. Wish I could pack here as well but like my last job, if you have a weapon and they find out about it you're out of a job. I'm really really not digging that aspect right now.
2007 Softail Custom

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #1432 on: December 16, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »

Thanks.

I was never asked this question when getting my CCW
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #1433 on: December 16, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »

As long as you dont have mental issues (that are documented) or felonies .SELF DEFENSE is all you need to say
AT least that is how it is in Michigan  :nixweiss:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1434 on: December 16, 2011, 04:18:25 PM »

Quote from: grayghost731 link=topic=16970.msg961653#msg961653 date=1324067199
[color=red
As long as you dont have mental issues (that are documented) or felonies .SELF DEFENSE is all you need to say
AT least that is how it is in Michigan  :nixweiss:

Who on here doesn't have mental issues?  The voices are what told me to spend 36K on a friggin' motorcycle... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

The meds help though...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1435 on: December 16, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »

The voices are what told me to spend 36K on a friggin' motorcycle... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Yeah, but that's for a motorcycle that you don't have to add anything to.. ::)...right?  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1436 on: December 16, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »

No domestic disputes, active orders of protection, violent misdemeanors, felonies, state documented mental illness, history of drug or alcohol abuse, or active criminal investigations in ny

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1437 on: December 17, 2011, 07:43:23 AM »

I reckon that in Idaho as long as I don't have tater hatred I should be good to go.  ;D "That spud got in my way and I had to put it down!" Better than sheep I guess. Daaaadddddyyy   :nixweiss:
2007 Softail Custom

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #1438 on: December 17, 2011, 09:51:37 AM »

Thanks.
I have a .45 Ruger P90DC, if you ever have to use it you will love a big bullet!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #1439 on: December 17, 2011, 10:13:54 AM »

Don't underestimate a small bullet either

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 201

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.