Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Why no "CVO" line of apparel from H-D?  (Read 9815 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Why no "CVO" line of apparel from H-
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 08:53:24 PM »

A CVO line of edible panties?  Otherwise things like a tshirt or sweatshirt (embroidered rather than a transfer would be preferable).  The pin is a good idea.  Maybe a ball cap.  How about a denim jacket or vest.  And, oh yeah, the edible panties (yes, it actually is a request from the bleacher seats over my shoulder).

Slightly more seriously, does anyone know if there actually is a trademarked CVO logo that would have to be avoided?  This is Harley we're talking about.  If someone makes one dirty tshirt and the stain even resembles a bar and shield a lawyer will show up at your door.

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 10:20:15 PM »

I think a patch would be cool.  Have it say CVO and the name of your bike.  Maybe a matching hat to go with.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2004, 10:38:35 AM »

Slightly more seriously, does anyone know if there actually is a trademarked CVO logo that would have to be avoided?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2004, 01:42:57 PM »

Guys.......Harley Davidson kind of let's things go regarding web sites like this one as long as it's kept clean in language and photos and nobody is making or charging any money.

Clothing line.......I'd suggest don't even go there.  Especially, cause it might have a trickle down effect that could be harmful to this site.  It's just not worth it guys.  

What you might do is what I've already done, by contacting HD and letting them know that you guys would like a CVO line much like we did years ago, to get the Screamin Eagle line.  I don't know why HD is so slow to pick up on this kind of thing, but they are.   Good luck.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2004, 10:31:45 PM »

Talked to a rep at street vibes they said it maybe an idea worth pursing but probaly wouldn't get far fast because of the screamin eagle line of clothing already represents this product line.  Which I guess is true.  [smiley=cry2.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

mfgreen

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2004, 08:56:52 AM »

Talked to a rep at street vibes they said it maybe an idea worth pursing but probaly wouldn't get far fast because of the screamin eagle line of clothing already represents this product line.  Which I guess is true.  [smiley=cry2.gif]

Hey Mr Magoo,

Screamin Eagle line is much broader market for H-D.  The SE line represents the "racing" or high performance line of "offroad" products that according to the catalog....void the warranty or are not for street use.   Funny with all of the problems with chrome, cranks, electrics and mechanicals, and varying degrees of what is warranteed and what is not they forgot to tell us "because of the enormous amount of Screamin Eagle parts, you are not allowed to operate your bike or it will void the warranty".

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 10:24:19 AM »

along the lines of what JCZ said, if anyone wants to have a patch or a pin made you can do that however it cannot be marketed/sold through this web site, the picture of my license plate frame is just one example, of what you could do. unfortunately it can get expensive to do one off pieces for yourself
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

mfgreen

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004, 10:31:05 AM »

along the lines of what JCZ said, if anyone wants to have a patch or a pin made you can do that however it cannot be marketed/sold through this web site, the picture of my license plate frame is just one example, of what you could do. unfortunately it can get expensive to do one off pieces for yourself

I was thinking sort of a "rocker" that included the site address or a belt buckle and or pin that was similar to the business card(s).

even something like:

Custom
Vehicle
Owner
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 12:09:32 PM by mfgreen »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2004, 08:15:21 PM »

I had a few patches made.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 08:16:57 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2004, 08:33:02 PM »

JCZ
ARE YOU HAVING MORE OF THESE MADE  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] IF SO ILL TAKE 3 ORG n BLK  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2004, 09:08:54 PM »

JCZ
ARE YOU HAVING MORE OF THESE MADE

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2004, 10:42:07 PM »

And I wear my patch proudly thank you very much JC.  At most shows and rallies there are venders that will put most anything on a patch( computer sewing machine).
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

RedFXR2

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2004, 04:39:19 PM »

This may be old news for you guys but I've never visited the York factory and recently learned that they have a retail gift shop.  I asked them if they had a catalog so the public would know what they have in there for sale, but I was told that the company doesn't push that merchandise, they just have it for the factory visitors.  I know that there are some CVO-specific items in there but that's all I know.  Maybe they have CVO apparel and who knows what else?  Anybody been there and can they report on what they stock in the store?

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2004, 07:24:12 PM »

I was at the York plant in June this year.  I didn't notice any CVO items.  Most of the stuff had "Vehicle Operations, York,Pa" written on it.  I bought a hat, sweatshirt, and dress shirt.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

HDBIGMAN

• THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2004, 07:51:31 PM »

I assume Harley really doesn't have any trouble selling the CVO bike but I would think it couldn't hurt if the CVO bikes were perceived as more exclusive and making a line of CVO clothing, accessories available only to owners of CVO bikes would certiainly add an air of exclusivity.

Something else that might be of interest to CVO owners would be a Motor Company run CVO owners club or maybe a special segment within the HOG club for the CVO owners.

As usual if things are selling well I'm sure they won't see a need of anything special for any of their models. Anyone have any suggestions where and to whom at Harley these type of suggestions should be sent?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.