Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 103 stroker pistons  (Read 5382 times)

Dyna_Gaz

• Here com'eth the dreamer!
103 stroker pistons
« on: April 14, 2005, 05:06:17 PM »

Hi, im new to the site and must say i feel i have hit the jackpot. Its like the 103 family.

Will the high comp(10.5:1) 103 stroker pistons  #22483-04 fit the standard cvo screaming eagle 103  heads?
Some say they will some say they wont.
Has anybody done this?
Cheers Gaz [smiley=beerchug.gif]
SE 103 fxdx (being built as we speak)
SE 103 heads ported
10.5 SE high comp pistons
Roller rockers ect
Fuelin pump/lifters
45mm mikuni
Velocity stack
V+H big shot staggered
DTT ignition
Cams????

mfgreen

Re: 103 stroker pistons
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 05:51:26 PM »

Hi, im new to the site and must say i feel i have hit the jackpot. Its like the 103 family.

Will the high comp(10.5:1) 103 stroker pistons  #22483-04 fit the standard cvo screaming eagle 103  heads?
Some say they will some say they wont.
Has anybody done this?
Cheers Gaz [smiley=beerchug.gif]

"matter of fact it's a Gaz",

Welcome to the site.

Yeah that has been done, more importantly get the head work done to improve the functionality and flow and get them decked(approx.080") then use a .030" cometic gasket.  With that done, and the valve changed to a 1.94", the intake flowed, you will see a tremendous increase in streetable performance when coupled with the correct exhaust system.

Mike

Dyna_Gaz

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 06:05:50 PM »

Yeah that has been done, more importantly get the head work done to improve the functionality and flow and get them decked(approx.080" then use a .030" cometic gasket.  With that done, and the valve changed to a 1.94", the intake flowed, you will see a tremendous increase in streetable performance when coupled with the correct exhaust system.

Gaz, i was going to get them ported to get some power out but are you sure you would deck them 0.08??  That would send the comp through the roof. Was going to use the .03 gaskets and was thinking that my comp would be a around 10.7-10.8:1.But wouldnt decking that much be up in the 11.5's:1???
Im thinking of using either tw400gs or tw-6hgs even though i have a brand new set SE258's..
Cheers Gaz
SE 103 heads ported
Roller rockers ect
Fuelin pump/lifters
45mm mikuni
Velocity stack
V+H big shot staggered
DTT ignition
Cams????

opee1

• You can never have too many!!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 10:40:53 AM »

I also got mixxed responses on changing the pistons to increase compression. One HD dealer said no problem and the other said big problem. According to the one I trust, the stock heads are not designed for more compression than 9:1. They tell me that the combustion chamber was designed differently to get past the EPA and more or less the SE written on the side of the heads is just that. I suppose it's possible that they just want to sell me another set of heads but I'm no going to take the chance.

I just authorized, after a little negotiating, the "all the way mod" for my SEEG and still be able to enjoy riding it on the street. 10.5:1 SE pistons, HTCC ported heads, fueling oil pump, quick install push rods, SE breather kit, race tuner, high flow lifters, S & S gear drive with 570g cams, thunderheader, and compression releases. I get the bike back in 2 weeks, I'll let you know how it turns out.
05' FLHTCSE2
03' FLSTS
02' FLHRSEI
01' FLSTF
00' FLHTCUI
95' FXDWG

Dyna_Gaz

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 02:54:31 PM »

Opee,
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 03:07:08 PM by Dyna_Gaz »
SE 103 heads ported
Roller rockers ect
Fuelin pump/lifters
45mm mikuni
Velocity stack
V+H big shot staggered
DTT ignition
Cams????

opee1

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 03:02:10 PM »

I'm stayin with the 570g cams. I have them in my 95" ultra classic and the power curve is incredible. 82hp @ 2000 rpm and 85hp @ 5800 rpm. I'm real happy with the setup and hopefully it will just be a bit magnified on the 103".
05' FLHTCSE2
03' FLSTS
02' FLHRSEI
01' FLSTF
00' FLHTCUI
95' FXDWG

Dyna_Gaz

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 03:10:17 PM »

Opee,
          please just have a look at the underground link at the 103 dyno results and let me know what you think.
Welcome to the worlds best tq provider. HA ha
Gaz
SE 103 heads ported
Roller rockers ect
Fuelin pump/lifters
45mm mikuni
Velocity stack
V+H big shot staggered
DTT ignition
Cams????

Dyna_Gaz

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 03:11:46 PM »

Opee,

SE 103 heads ported
Roller rockers ect
Fuelin pump/lifters
45mm mikuni
Velocity stack
V+H big shot staggered
DTT ignition
Cams????

opee1

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 03:19:33 PM »

Very impressive curve. I wonder if the results would be any different on an injected bike. Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to get a torque reading when I dyno tuned my Ultra Classic due to the missing connector lol. One thing I did notice on my read out is that the HP went up as quickly as the torque curve on your example. Not sure if that's good or bad for me, but it sure does get up and move for a full dresser.

Opee
05' FLHTCSE2
03' FLSTS
02' FLHRSEI
01' FLSTF
00' FLHTCUI
95' FXDWG

Dyna_Gaz

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 03:29:36 PM »

It sounds like a blast.  
Just ask what other people think about that cam at http://groups.msn.com/HarleyTechTalk as that was the cam i wanted too. A tried and tested cam but every body said that cams have come on and that cam wouldn't do a 103" any justice.
May be the s+s 585 at the least but there are better cams out there for sure.
Have a look at the woodscams site i posted before as these seem to be everybody's favorite at the moment and mine too.(TW-6HGS AND TW 400GS)

Only trying to help you get the best out of your bike as i am sure you would for me.
Good luck
Gaz
SE 103 heads ported
Roller rockers ect
Fuelin pump/lifters
45mm mikuni
Velocity stack
V+H big shot staggered
DTT ignition
Cams????

opee1

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 03:37:02 PM »

Thanks for the advice. Do they make the woods cams to work on a gear drive set up?
05' FLHTCSE2
03' FLSTS
02' FLHRSEI
01' FLSTF
00' FLHTCUI
95' FXDWG

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 04:24:44 PM »

Opee1,

Been following the various posts and suggestions.

Underground in Canada is excellent, so are a few others. I will give you an example of what I have done.

I have an 04 SE 103" Engine going into an 03 Road Glide. The Heads were reworked by Charlie Lawlor (Short Block Charlie) www.motorcyclemachine.com in Phoenix. Combustion chambers were welded up and remachined, the rest of the engine was left stock. Exception was addition of S&S 585 Gear Drive Cam, added S&S Reed Valve which I had left over from a previous build were I used the Feuling Oil Pump (do not use S&S Reed Valve with Feuling Oil Pump). Added Rineharts, HD SE Race Tuner. HD Six speed, wanted Baker DDS, delivery would have been too long.

Drove bike in Phoenix last month, really impressed with the results, really hauled. Will dyno when in Phoenix end of April.

Was really impressed with Dyna_Gas TQ & HP. I doubt if my build will be that high. Coservative estimate with this build may be 112 HP and 117 TQ. Will post dyno results when I am back.

Also, consider Dyna_Gaz has a Dyna, (I think) you have a much heavier bike and probably different driving habits, long distance touring (not saying Dyna_Gaz does not tour) vs. shorter distances etc.

My comment re Woods TW6H cam, excellent power cam, high lift short duration, on a 95" build I did with Ported (SBC) SE Heads, HD SE Cast Flat Tops was geting 98.6 HP and 114 lb. ft. TQ. Same buile with SE 251 Cam 98.6 HP, however Torques was 104 lb. ft.

Yes, Bob Woods makes Gear Drive Cams, I think it would be the TW6H G, and it probaby would be quiter than the Chain Drive

However, I found the Woods Cam to be excessively loud, where the SE 251 where loud but not as bad. Also bike was carbuated, when in California (the heat and chitty gas) the bike with Woods would ping, had to keep the RPMs up. This was even with the Crane HI4TC Ignition.Bike was an 02 EG.

You will find a lot of excelent suggestions on this site. Read back through the old posts on Modificatiosn to the SE 103" Engine.

geezerglide

« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 04:33:38 PM by geezerglide »

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.