Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Fullsac question  (Read 9487 times)

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
Re: Fullsac question
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 06:48:44 PM »

Will run pretty good till  :oops:

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 02:54:05 AM »

ZVO - So you have not put any map changes in and she is running good? Interesting.
Anyone, What is the risk running this way just bad performance?
Interesting is right.  The usual factory map is so lean that any increased air flow makes it ping (detonate), especially under heavy load.  Loud pipes might cover the sound of pinging.  Wouldn't want to risk engine damage instead of spending the $700-800 for a fuel management system and a dyno tune.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 01:01:58 PM »

ZVO, Did you notice the decrease in temperature around the right side? That is one of the benefits I am looking for.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 10:05:37 PM »

Just posted this on another thread...

I installed the DX pipe and 4" Rineharts, the bike fell flat on its face from a dead stop and ran just okay after that. As mentioned above, dont ride it like that to much, get a tuner and map in there.

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 10:11:27 AM »

ZVO, Did you notice the decrease in temperature around the right side? That is one of the benefits I am looking for.

I took a ride this morning 30 minutes max and my temp was 189 way cooler than the Normal 221 I was used to prior to Fullsac.

But I do notice some heat on my leg that I did t notice before.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »

That is a big drop in temp.   My right side is always hot. In summer it will almost burn my leg. That is one of the reasons I want to change the set up. Of course I like the idea of more power as well.  I think to get the biggest impact and reduce heat I will need the tuner to adjust the fuel. Is the TTS better than the Harley version?  This is not a cheap question but rather an overall value question, what provides the best solution for the least money? 

ZVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 04:49:16 PM »

Well the Harley one I like because it takes 5 minutes to pop in a new map and the dealer never charges me labor on that.

I don't know anything about the TTS but I hate systems that have to stay on the bike. They add to the look either mourning on the handle bar and you can get info from it like psi, air temp, stuff you have already.

ZVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 10:41:53 PM »

Dealer installed a SE Super Tuner and mapped it....i'm sorry to say that there is a big difference in performance...my bike was running lean I was dumb for thinking I didnt need a new map..

She is charging off the line now and im hitting 80 in third with no problem... And getting forth smooths her out...feels so nice.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »

Nice, enjoy the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 10:47:07 AM »

Thanks for the info. I am pretty good with working on things but I am pretty much by myself so the timing is good to know. I am planning on reviewing the service manual tonight anyway to get an idea of the work involved before I order the stuff. My biggest concern has been the TTS. I have not used anything like this before. I had a fuel pac (I think) once (on a heritage) and I had a shop install it. They could never get the bike right so I ended up taking it off and it was returned. Since then I have just used Harley's tuner and never had any issues. I also don't know if I got the best tune or not.

So how hard is it to get the bike running right?  I know Fulsac will help but I am thinking it should be a simple download of a new map and not a big deal. Is that correct?

When I did mine a few years ago I downloaded the file that Steve sent and it fired up perfect and ran GREAT no changes in four years!!
I am very happy and would do business with Steve any time!!  They have earned the trust and reviews that you read here, its no Fluke.
I was worried that the tune would tweaking for my touring style and the altitude in Colorado.....No tweaks needed.  I would like to go with aftermarket cams but it just runs so good, I don't want to mess with it until I need to, then I will contact Fullsac and ask what they recommend for me....until then I am spending my money on motel bills..*L
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 09:59:24 PM »

Great to hear you are running so good now. I bet cooler too!

bjspearman04

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 08:28:56 AM »

ZVO,

I had the dealer install a fullsac DX header, 2.5 inch baffles into the stock pipe with the SE super tuner.  To date, my 2015 hard candy CVO SG runs like xxxx...it continuously backfires on deceleration. 

Can you share your initial map settings?  I am doing the research today for a  good "tuner" in the Virginia Beach area.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 08:46:42 AM »

ZVO,

I had the dealer install a fullsac DX header, 2.5 inch baffles into the stock pipe with the SE super tuner.  To date, my 2015 hard candy CVO SG runs like xxxx...it continuously backfires on deceleration. 

Can you share your initial map settings?  I am doing the research today for a  good "tuner" in the Virginia Beach area.

IMHO, if you paid your dealer to do the upgrades you mentioned above on a 40K bike purchase, I would check with them first to make things right.
They have the same resources we do. There is no excuse for poor customer service/sales!
If that option is off the table you came to the right place for direction to a good tune in your area.
I'm on the west coast, so, can't help much.
 8)
HOGMIKE

bjspearman04

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Mike.  I agree, the dealership should make the necessary adjustments to ensure my bike runs efficiently.  However, their current level of work/expertise has my $40k machine runnning very poorly at best.

I spoke directly with the "certified technician" and his recommendation was to ride the bike and see if I wanted him to adjust the amount of fuel the bike gets on deceleration to stop the backfiring....So, the bike was turned back over to me in the same condition as I took the bike if for...backfiring on decelartion. 

Believe I will be better off hunting down a "tuner" getting my SG properly tuned before something goes WAY wrong.  I expressed my dissatifaction directly with one of the owners and got the usual, "we'll make it right for you".  But to date, it has just caused me riding time and a great deal of angst.  I am hopeful that the service department leadership will recognize the training gap and move to get his staff up to par with tuning the 2015 SG with a SE Super Tuner, Fullsac DX, 2.5 core and stock pipes.

Again, appreciate the feeback. 

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 03:58:04 PM »

Folks have been saying a lot of positive things about Wide Open Cycles, call Chad.

Wide Open Cycles Performance & Tuning
310 Central Rd
22401 Fredericksburg, VA.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:00:03 PM by East Coast »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.