Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: V&H Power Duals vs Bub7 Stealth mufflers  (Read 13380 times)

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: V&H Power Duals vs Bub7 Stealth mufflers
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 01:42:30 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm now starting to lean toward what Scotty in Seattle suggested about the V&H power duals and using the stock mufflers with the fullsac baffle.  Don't know if I'd use the 1.75 or 2.0 baffle. Is there much difference between the two other than sound? Most people seem to go with the 2.0 but if I go more for quiet with the 1.75 am I losing something.

I tried the 1.75 duals once on my 07 Ultra 107 and I thought they were too loud even after adding that good German muffler packing but I guess I'm one of the few that thinks that.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

Scotty

• Full CVO Member
  • Scotty's Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 05:46:39 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm now starting to lean toward what Scotty in Seattle suggested about the V&H power duals and using the stock mufflers with the fullsac baffle.  Don't know if I'd use the 1.75 or 2.0 baffle. Is there much difference between the two other than sound? Most people seem to go with the 2.0 but if I go more for quiet with the 1.75 am I losing something.

From what I recall (Fullsac tested this stuff) you get the most torque using the 1.75, lose a tiny bit with
the 2.0 and a tiny bit more with the 2.25.. Just a small loss and probably can't feel it seat of the pants.
So, I guess you use which ever sound level you like. I think there are sound clips out there of the baffle.
Maybe it was on Fullsac web site that I originally heard them.. A lot of my decision was based on keeping the         stock exhaust pipe. A lot of the slip ons diameter was smaller than the stock Road Glide exhaust & I got to
keep the stock pipe by just replacing the baffle.
09 SERG
Andrews 54 Cams
SE Heavy Breather
V&H Power Duals
Fullsac 2.0 Baffles
Heads by "Freds Heads"
SE Pro Super Tuner

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 06:32:10 PM »

If I am understanding this correctly, if I remove the factory head pipes and replace with the V&H, that will remove the "obstruction" in the '10 bikes?  If so we keep the factory pipes to pass any future state or epa requirements etc.?
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 06:51:19 PM »

If I am understanding this correctly, if I remove the factory head pipes and replace with the V&H, that will remove the "obstruction" in the '10 bikes?  If so we keep the factory pipes to pass any future state or epa requirements etc.?

Sounds like a solid plan.

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »

I have an 07 SERK and the CATs were in the slip-on pipes contrary to later models. I believe there is nothing in the header or further down the exhaust piping.  I am going to try the BUB 7 Stealth to replace my Python slip-ons.  I know I may loose a bit of HP but reducing the noise level is what I am interested in.  I hope I am not making a big mistake.  I'll let you guys know what happens once I have them on and ride a bit.   ::)
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

Make the best out of everyday because the future is unknown.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 08:53:06 PM »

I have an 07 SERK and the CATs were in the slip-on pipes contrary to later models. I believe there is nothing in the header or further down the exhaust piping.  I am going to try the BUB 7 Stealth to replace my Python slip-ons.  I know I may loose a bit of HP but reducing the noise level is what I am interested in.  I hope I am not making a big mistake.  I'll let you guys know what happens once I have them on and ride a bit.   ::)

I have the stealths and am pleased. The sound is deeper than the fulsacks. I have heard birdmans fulsacks and they sounded good but I did not care for the sound of mine from the saddle. Its what I hear that counts. :2vrolijk_21:
There is no drone at all. and the bike sounds better at cruise in 6th. They are not loud but you can still tell its a Harley. I like the sound of the Stealths from the saddle and have never liked the real look at me loud stuff. I am looking forward to some trips on the interstate doing 85 in 6th this year!!
RETIRED! :fireman:

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 10:00:04 PM »

I am happy to hear that.  I can ride almost daily now so I'll be able to report out as soon as I install them on the scooter.   :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the info.  :)

I have the stealths and am pleased. The sound is deeper than the fulsacks. I have heard birdmans fulsacks and they sounded good but I did not care for the sound of mine from the saddle. Its what I hear that counts. :2vrolijk_21:
There is no drone at all. and the bike sounds better at cruise in 6th. They are not loud but you can still tell its a Harley. I like the sound of the Stealths from the saddle and have never liked the real look at me loud stuff. I am looking forward to some trips on the interstate doing 85 in 6th this year!!
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 12:21:46 PM »

I ran across these slipons from KlockWerks and thought you might be interested in them if you are interested in keeping the volume down. I currently own the KlockWerks WFB mufflers and I love the look and performance but they are a touch loud for me and I think I might give these a try as well. Contrary to others on the board I have not found the KlockWerks company very helpful, but I do like the sound of these.

Keepsabeat

mcflyer

• Junior CVO Member
  • IF IT HAS BOOBS OR WHEELS IT'S GONNA B TROUBLE

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 01:29:45 PM »

FYI
I WENT FROM V & H TRUE DUALS WITH THE STOCK SE MUFFLERS TO POWER DUALS WITH THE SAME MUFFLERS.  NO INCREASE IN SOUND LEVEL BUT THE TRUE DUALS GIVE YOU THE STEREO EFFECT OF HAVING EACH CYLINDER EXIT ON A DIFERENT SIDE. THE POWER CHAMBERS DON'T DO THAT AND CAN SOUND NASAL WITH THE STOCK BAFFLES. THE OE SE MUFFLERS WITH THE FULSACK BAFFLES WILL MAKE QUITE A DIFFERENCE.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 11:01:28 PM »

The Bub 7 Stealths on the Rinehart head pipes sound just right. Some bite when you hit it and the its quiet at 70 or even 80. I'm glad I made the switch.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:10:51 PM by cvostu »

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 01:10:05 AM »

OK, time for an update.

I just installed the BUB Stealth and they are definitely quiet.  :)   I am happy to be able to ride in the city without having to wear ear plugs.  (I had Python slip-ons before)  I am happy with the sound, it is very civilized and there is no barking even when you accelerate hard. 

I think that the price to pay to get there is some horse power.  I can't tell for sure how much I lost but based on the feel of the pants, I probably lost 10%.  Perhaps some of the loss can be recovered by retuning the ECM but I am not an expert in this area.  Regardless, I prioritize noise reduction over horse power to save the hearing abilities I have left.  :coolblue:

I am happy to hear that.  I can ride almost daily now so I'll be able to report out as soon as I install them on the scooter.   :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the info.  :)

Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »

I may have lost a little too but have not retuned the TTS yet. I guess I'm getting old..er and my priorities are changing.  :nervous: The stealths will grow on you and I think mine have gotten a little louder since I have had them. Still no bark and I do have true duals. I don't know if that makes much difference. You know, it would be nice if they made a different core that we could change out when we wanted?

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 08:28:55 PM »

I may have lost a little too but have not retuned the TTS yet. I guess I'm getting old..er and my priorities are changing.  :nervous: The stealths will grow on you and I think mine have gotten a little louder since I have had them. Still no bark and I do have true duals. I don't know if that makes much difference. You know, it would be nice if they made a different core that we could change out when we wanted?
Oh, and if I did loose some it was on the top end. I feel like I do have more torque off idle. .02

Kool Rider

• 07 FLHTRSE3 SERK
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 01:22:04 AM »

Thanks Brassspike for your feedback.

I may get used to less performance and the new sound.  I never actually rode this bike stock and I am assuming that what I have now is slightly better than stock but not by much.  It is still a nice ride, it pulls well in 1, 2, 3rd gear and that's probably what matters after all.  I am not sure if a true dual exhaust would improve the performance because I think the airflow bottelneck now is the mufflers.  :-X

All I need to work on now is the wind buffeting which drives me nuts but that is a new topic, isn't it? :jack: LOL

Oh, and if I did loose some it was on the top end. I feel like I do have more torque off idle. .02
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:24:03 AM by Kool Rider »
Kool Rider
Southern Nevada

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »

I didn't loose much, if any. If I wanted a race bike I'd ride a ricer :o
I like the sound much better now. I bought this one to cruise not to shake windows. When it sounds like its running 100 now, its running 100...not 50!!!   :bananarock:
 For the windshield you might want to look at clearview. http://www.clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=22
Thats my 105th serk.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.