Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Road glide or breakout  (Read 7316 times)

Tele

• dream as if you'll live for ever
Road glide or breakout
« on: August 09, 2014, 05:25:56 AM »

Hi guys I have seen the 2014 cvo breakout and am wondering if I should sell my 2013 cvo road glide and buy the breakout love the colour and look but then will I miss my road glide which I love what would you guys do . I'm torn ???? Let me know

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
Re: Road glide or breakout
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »

One is a comfortable bike for long rides, has better ground clearance, tons of storage, lots of gadgets, and is the sensible choice. The other one is a Breakout! it's a sedan vs a Ferrari (IMVHO as the current owner of a '13 CVOBO and the future owner of an RG). I would say if possible go for both. If not, the BO is very practical for long hauls as long as you don't mind scraped up primary cover, a backpack for your stuff, and bugs in your teeth.

Cam

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 02:38:36 PM »

For most folks, once you go Bagger, (CVO Road glide at that  8)) it's really hard to go back to a smaller ride.

Understanding that some folks may go back to a Softail or Dyna because of age or weight of a bike is one thing.

It would be nice to have both, but if you only had to choose one, the Bagger would be my choice.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

JoeCVO2009

• CVO1: CVO Springer 2009 black with green flames
    • CVO2: Road Glide Custom 2010 red
    • CVO3: Cvo Road Glide 2013 Atomic Orange
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 02:39:08 AM »

It depends of what you are going to use it for, if it's for city driving the BO is the ultimate one! I personally love the Cvo BO for its looks and the gold color of the Cvo Bo 2013 is just awesome!
I have a Cvo RG Orange and a Cvo Springer 2009 Blck Green with a 240 tire and a RG custom 2010 red, and I couldn't get ride of any, for long distance and for driving two up, the 2013 Cvo RG is the one, lots of storage and music! the Cvo Springer I put a detachable screen with a Sundowner seat with a backrest for the wife and is very comfortable for 200 M. trips but I don't have storage I haven't bought side bags...but having a tour pack there is no comparison....
my take on this if you can have both that will be the best solution...obviously that's not the case because other wise you wouldn't be asking the question...go for the one that gets your heart rate going...and do a demo ride with the CvoBO and that will really tell you which way to go....

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 08:57:25 AM »

One is a comfortable bike for long rides, has better ground clearance, tons of storage, lots of gadgets, and is the sensible choice. The other one is a Breakout! it's a sedan vs a Ferrari (IMVHO as the current owner of a '13 CVOBO and the future owner of a RG SERK). I would say if possible go for both. If not, the BO is very practical for long hauls as long as you don't mind scraped up primary cover, a backpack for your stuff, and bugs in your teeth.

Cam
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:59:21 AM by 2k »
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 08:42:24 PM »

" a RG SERK" - Mayhaps Jimmy, mayhaps! ;D :)

Tele

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 01:39:52 AM »

Hey Guys
             thanks for your input I have decided to stay with the RG after weighing it all up and riding my RG again its to nice a ride to give it up  :-*

dpiper1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 02:20:15 AM »

I bought a Breakout in may of 2013 and in July traded it on a Road glide.  Best decision i ever made.  I miss the breakout for looks and short trip.  But after 450 miles in one day i'd has enough :-). Bagger is where its at :-)

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 10:07:17 AM »

x2

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 10:58:58 AM »

The touring frame is a much better ride than the softail...for both driver and passanger.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »

They dissuaded my wife from the breakout because of the ride.

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »

I agree with Joe.....both plus a springer  ::)
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

Louie u

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:13 PM »

I am sure I'm in the minority but I traded in my 12 Roadglide for a 14 cvo Breakout. The Roadglide just didn't do it for me. If I was retired and took very long trips I would opt for the Rg. As far as the comfort of the cvo breakout, it gets a bad name but is pretty comfortable to ride..softails came along way since the early evo years.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 11:31:42 PM »

Buy the Breakout, ride it for one year...get it out of your system, trade it in on a new Rushmore Road Glide in 2016.
However staying with your 2013 RG, in my opinion, was the right decision...but we all know that Breakout will always be lurking in the back of your mind waiting to be released.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 07:21:38 AM »

Buy the Breakout, ride it for one year...get it out of your system, trade it in on a new Rushmore Road Glide in 2016.

Warning: You may not be able to get the BO out of your system once you ride it for a year! It's like buying a Corvette Z06, driving it for a year and then opting for something more practical.

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »

Warning: You may not be able to get the BO out of your system once you ride it for a year! It's like buying a Corvette Z06, driving it for a year and then opting for something more practical.

Yeah you are right Cam. I was up at Laconia this year and test rode both the cvo road king and the cvo breakout. Both test rides were between five and ten miles long so not very long. But you were riding on your own and not constricted in line with other riders...so you were able to get on it a little or in my case a lot.  I was not very impressed with the road king but the breakout does have some giddiup right out of the box...stock as is. For sure as with all new H-D's they both could use some exhaust work. The breakout is a hot good looking scoot but not real practical for the long haul.
Maybe buy the breakout for around town and rent the latest touring model if/when you want to travel.
...choose wisely

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »

Cam got it right! With slight mods the BO becomes a good short trip (1 to 2 night) ride. Z06's are like H-D's, you love or you hate 'em. If you love 'em there is no going back to a more practical ride! :)
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

Tele

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 03:52:05 AM »

We'll guys I have just found a 2013 cvo breakout and your right it's a Ferrari I managed to get a used one with 4300klm on the clock with a few extras and I had it dynoed before delivery 95hp 118 NM now I truly do have the best of both worlds the Ferrari for the city and the fast wagon for the long hauls yee haa
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.