Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Where would you live, and why there?  (Read 20932 times)

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
Re: Where would you live, and why there?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »

Spidey??? That's not a very nice thing to say about Texas. I have never been there but to me, anyplace you can open carry without any hassle can't be all bad...just saying.
What is it about Texas don't you like?

No open carry in Texas unless on your land in the county.  Kansas has open carry.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• Wichitagreg
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »

I think I'm going to keep living in Texas and just go visit other places like TN and SW Colorado in my motor home.  Best of all worlds so to speak.

Post office will forward mail temp for 6 months.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
AKA r0de_runr

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2015, 11:03:57 AM »

Spidey??? That's not a very nice thing to say about Texas. I have never been there but to me, anyplace you can open carry without any hassle can't be all bad...just saying.
What is it about Texas don't you like?

While I am a native Mainuh and proud of it, I've lived in San Diego CA since 1998.
(I still spend five months a year in Maine.)
I am constantly irritated with the way people slander California but have come to accept that we don't all see things the same way. That's about the most respectful explanation I can offer on my feelings toward Texas.

B B

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2015, 09:56:22 PM »

While I am a native Mainuh and proud of it, I've lived in San Diego CA since 1998.
(I still spend five months a year in Maine.)
I am constantly irritated with the way people slander California but have come to accept that we don't all see things the same way. That's about the most respectful explanation I can offer on my feelings toward Texas.

B B

Hmmm...I do detect a slight new England or Maine accent in your talk.
As far as your Texas comment, it sounds to me like you are saying that Texas is not very politically correct..like Texans may call them as they see them or they say what's on their mind...all of which I find completely refreshing, as long as there is no violence involved.
I personally would prefer my neighbors to be more like Texan's than those who think they can solve all the issues of the world and in doing so think that they know what's best for me.
However Spidey, I do prefer that SoCal climate. :)
Stay Safe on your coast to coast travels!

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• Wichitagreg
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »

Maine?  Not on your life, lol.

I retired to Machias Maine after the Army to help my former father-in-law set up an Internet business.

Didn't like the climate, or the time zone, or the taxes, or the food for that matter.  Are they still arguing about putting the pine tree or the lobster on their license plates?

I spent eleven months there and ran as fast as I could once I had a job somewhere else.  I must say, even Kansas is better for living.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:05:37 AM by r0de_runr »
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
AKA r0de_runr

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2015, 12:48:23 PM »

Maine?  Not on your life, lol.

I retired to Machias Maine after the Army to help my former father-in-law set up an Internet business.

Didn't like the climate, or the time zone, or the taxes, or the food for that matter.  Are they still arguing about putting the pine tree or the lobster on their license plates?

I spent eleven months there and ran as fast as I could once I had a job somewhere else.  I must say, even Kansas is better for living.

:cherry:
I'm familiar with that feeling.  I'm a Nebraska boy and one of my company transfers put me in Kingston,  N.Y. for about 2 yrs, 10 months and 6 days or thereabouts.  New York taxes, tolls (along with New Jersey on the tolls) and the weather changes and a kazillion cops holding traffic check points (cause they were out of something constructive to do)...........Was one happy camper to exit there and relocate to North Carolina. :drink:

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2015, 01:43:10 PM »

Hmmm...
As far as your Texas comment, it sounds to me like you are saying that Texas is not very politically correct..like Texans may call them as they see them or they say what's on their mind...all of which I find completely refreshing, as long as there is no violence involved.

Not even close to what my issues with Texas are
I am likely the least politically correct person you could meet
However in the interest of the brotherhood of bikers I will keep my piehole shut on what my real issues are

B B

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2015, 03:10:48 PM »

BB politically correct?   :ROFLOL:
Maybe when hipos drive Mini Coopers or fly!
He may bite his tongue, but never PC that I have ever seen.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2015, 07:08:07 PM »

:-\
"Not even close to what my issues with Texas are
I am likely the least politically correct person you could meet
However in the interest of the brotherhood of bikers I will keep my piehole shut on what my real issues are

B B "

:confused5: If it is strictly personal............I'm OK with that.   Otherwise,  B B has generated a lot of curiousity as to his hangup with Texas.  I always wanted to move there,  but it just wasn't in the cards for me.  Being way South,  great bass fishing places, no State taxes as I recall.  Democrats in the minority.........(hopefully).........Whats not to like. :nixweiss:

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• Wichitagreg
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »

UPDATE Sept 2016

Well, I've been living in East TN (Townsend) since mid-April of this year.  Really is a great place to ride. Maryville has all one would need, and Knoxville is close enough. Allt he fast food in the world just up the road at Pigeon Forge.

I failed to make it to the Maggie Valley GTG. 

I've ridden the Dragon about a dozen times, only had one close call where two Road Kings came around the corned fully in my lane, I had to go between them.....

My '12 CVO SG is great on the Cherohala, the BRP, and generally riding in the area, but I bought a new Modern Triump Bonneville for the really twisty roads.  Love the Dragon and NC 28 on the Bonnie.

But I'm going back to Texas for the winter, and will try northern NM or southern CO next summer.  Not that I don't like it here, I'm just not ready to settle down.

Greg
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
AKA r0de_runr

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »

Alrwady picked my house out. North end of Pea Island. Outer Banks NC. Now just have to find a way to vacate the current residents. 

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2016, 08:02:12 PM »

I just found this thread, haven't looked into all the details, but you might want to look into northern AL. Huntsville area has (mostly Army) retirees, NASA support at Redstone Arsenal, low cost-of-living, and it's still growing, but not too large.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2016, 09:28:55 AM »

UPDATE Sept 2016

Well, I've been living in East TN (Townsend) since mid-April of this year.  Really is a great place to ride. Maryville has all one would need, and Knoxville is close enough. Allt he fast food in the world just up the road at Pigeon Forge.

I failed to make it to the Maggie Valley GTG. 

I've ridden the Dragon about a dozen times, only had one close call where two Road Kings came around the corned fully in my lane, I had to go between them.....

My '12 CVO SG is great on the Cherohala, the BRP, and generally riding in the area, but I bought a new Modern Triump Bonneville for the really twisty roads.  Love the Dragon and NC 28 on the Bonnie.

But I'm going back to Texas for the winter, and will try northern NM or southern CO next summer.  Not that I don't like it here, I'm just not ready to settle down.

Greg

You'll like that choice. NM is open carry.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2016, 01:21:53 PM »

I know some of you might move up to Canada son eh? Come on up. We have tones of room and nice water to.  :P
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2016, 01:40:42 PM »

I know some of you might move up to Canada soon eh? Come on up. We have tons of room and nice water, too:P

I agree with tons of room and while the water may be nice, it's frozen half of the year.... ;D

I'll just stick with East TN......for the time being anyway.... :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.