Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Where would you live, and why there?  (Read 20868 times)

pudgeyxj

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2013 CVO R/K
Re: Where would you live, and why there?
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »

I agree with tons of room and while the water may be nice, it's frozen half of the year.... ;D

I'll just stick with East TN......for the time being anyway.... :2vrolijk_21:

Not on Wet (west) Coast. We very rarely get much real winter (snow). I'm leaving mine insured all year and will likely get a dozen or more rides in through the winter. Got an hour or so last night in the sun .

P :drink:
2013 CVO RoadKing

jachd17

• Elite CVO Member
  • 1*
    • MA

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2016, 05:03:38 PM »

Someplace else other than the current location of MA. Born and raised here but can't wait to get the heck out. Want to find a motorcycle year round, anti P.C.  type of place. 8)

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »

Well I moved from ZOO Jersey 30 years ago to the backwoods of southern
VA never looked back no regrets. Everyone said you will be back in less than a year I don't even go to visit

Built my house in the middle of 25 acres.
2.5 hours to beach or 2.5 hours to the mountains.
If i remember correctly taxes are about  $1200 a year. 4 seasons huge lake with 800 miles of shore line 5 miles away and 3 towns each about 14 miles away if I need a big city Richmond 70 miles one way the other way 70 miles to Raleigh.

About 33000 people in are county
Open Carry
Must issue concealed State
Hunt in the back yard

Happy In MUCK CROSS VA
Now the wife wants to move to the GA mountains

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2016, 06:42:02 PM »

Retired.  In Tallahassee - north Florida panhandle. 26 miles inland.  Buggy, muggy, swampy, lots of trees.  No state income tax. Gun friendly. 3 seasons - summer is very hot & humid, fall morphs into pretend not-winter, spring begins February. Fall through Spring is GREAT outdoor weather.  Hilly area (yes not joking not huge but not flat), some curvy roads, rural riding 5 minutes from the house. Sparse population in surrounding counties & south Georgia. 1 hour from the coast, 1 1/2 hours to great beaches. Great seafood is caught just south of here, fresh to cook at home or plenty of restaurants.Raw oysters....Mmmmmmmm!  Cost of living is reasonable.  Ride 12 months a year.  1 hurricane since 1985 in this area.  Southern hospitality here for the most part, not at all like most of Florida.

Have looked at Texas Hill Country, am originally from Texas.  Very gun friendly. North/west of San Antonio to south/west of Austin. Away from big cities mentioned, sparse population. No state income tax.  Hotter'n hell summers.  Can be windy, bad hail storms. Winter can be cold, ride almost all year. Very dry climate. Great riding roads in the Hill Country & only a few hours from Big Bend (even better ridng). Cost of living ok, housing is pricey along the rivers. We vacation there, doubt we will move but has been considered.  VERY friendly people!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2016, 06:52:38 PM »

Retired.  In Tallahassee - north Florida panhandle. 26 miles inland.  Buggy, muggy, swampy, lots of trees.  No state income tax. Gun friendly. 3 seasons - summer is very hot & humid, fall morphs into pretend not-winter, spring begins February. Fall through Spring is GREAT outdoor weather.  Hilly area (yes not joking not huge but not flat), some curvy roads, rural riding 5 minutes from the house. Sparse population in surrounding counties & south Georgia. 1 hour from the coast, 1 1/2 hours to great beaches. Great seafood is caught just south of here, fresh to cook at home or plenty of restaurants.Raw oysters....Mmmmmmmm!  Cost of living is reasonable.  Ride 12 months a year.  1 hurricane since 1985 in this area.  Southern hospitality here for the most part, not at all like most of Florida.

Have looked at Texas Hill Country, am originally from Texas.  Very gun friendly. North/west of San Antonio to south/west of Austin. Away from big cities mentioned, sparse population. No state income tax.  Hotter'n hell summers.  Can be windy, bad hail storms. Winter can be cold, ride almost all year. Very dry climate. Great riding roads in the Hill Country & only a few hours from Big Bend (even better ridng). Cost of living ok, housing is pricey along the rivers. We vacation there, doubt we will move but has been considered.  VERY friendly people!
Took a bike trip to THC last year and loved it. Great BBQ food everywhere. Really like the little town of Bandera but that's just a little small for me. Kerrville would probably be a great fit for me.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2016, 09:09:02 PM »

I agree with tons of room and while the water may be nice, it's frozen half of the year.... ;D

I'll just stick with East TN......for the time being anyway.... :2vrolijk_21:
I fully agree.  Moved to East TN in 2001 when I retired from the USN.  I just love the area, low property tax, Low cost of living, very gun friendly and Fantastic motorcycle roads.  You can ride year round, you may need heated gear.  There are some days, like four or five a year you can't ride due to snow.

There are also lots of rivers and lakes and mountains and the list goes one.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2016, 09:44:29 PM »

Took a bike trip to THC last year and loved it. Great BBQ food everywhere. Really like the little town of Bandera but that's just a little small for me. Kerrville would probably be a great fit for me.

Bandera is a a nice town, agreed on the size.  Cowboys, the real kind.  We usually stay in Kerrville.  Beautiful river & ride west any direction & it's instant fun.  Not too far from San Antonio & is right off the interstate.  Buzzys is great BBQ, all the towns in the area have at least 1 great BBQ joint.  Summers are dry and hot and can be windy and dusty.  Winters usually mild & are coldest in Dec. & January, less fun trying to ride then.  Tourists tend to be attracted to Fredericksburg.  We usually do end up there for lunch on our rides but never stay there.  Best time of the year is when the bluebonnets are blooming, truly beautiful roadsides.

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2016, 09:54:14 PM »

Most of the places I'd like to live won't support my career path, so we'll stay in the Midwest until later in life and continue to visit great places to ride and stay for a week at a time.
Supershooter

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2016, 10:32:10 PM »

Retired to Homosassa Florida June 30th of this year. Spent the last 12 years in Alabama running a major stamping plant. Originally from Ohio.

We love the area haven't ridden much as we have been remodeling the house we bought. Wouldn't move if you paid us too. Getting ready to have Billy at Iron Horse in Lecanto tweak my motor.  Looking for a good builder to add a 3rd bay to the garage this winter.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2016, 07:51:40 AM »

Bandera is a a nice town, agreed on the size.  Cowboys, the real kind.  We usually stay in Kerrville.  Beautiful river & ride west any direction & it's instant fun.  Not too far from San Antonio & is right off the interstate.  Buzzys is great BBQ, all the towns in the area have at least 1 great BBQ joint.  Summers are dry and hot and can be windy and dusty.  Winters usually mild & are coldest in Dec. & January, less fun trying to ride then.  Tourists tend to be attracted to Fredericksburg.  We usually do end up there for lunch on our rides but never stay there.  Best time of the year is when the bluebonnets are blooming, truly beautiful roadsides.
A group of six bikes in our ride to meet up with the others. We stayed in SA on Sun night and wandered up the road to Kerrville on Mon. Stopped at Busbee's on the way up and even went back a few days later for some takeout. I was a little surprised when the guy behind the counter asked if I wanted pickles and onions on my brisket sandwich but said sure, thinking when in Texas.... best damn BBQ sandwich ever and when I get BBQ here I always ask for onions and pickles to go on it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2016, 08:15:49 AM »

A group of six bikes in our ride to meet up with the others. We stayed in SA on Sun night and wandered up the road to Kerrville on Mon. Stopped at Busbee's on the way up and even went back a few days later for some takeout. I was a little surprised when the guy behind the counter asked if I wanted pickles and onions on my brisket sandwich but said sure, thinking when in Texas.... best damn BBQ sandwich ever and when I get BBQ here I always ask for onions and pickles to go on it.

Group I led a couple of years ago was on a Texas Hill Country BBQ trek, more or less.  Too many to mention them all, we did not have time to hit them all, too much great Q.  Spent a day in SA sightseeing, a few days riding out from Kerrville from the Y.O. Hotel, and ended up west of Austin for the last day.  Austin has grown too much, still very nice out west of town.  Franklin's BBQ Austin is the best in the state now, according to many.  Still like the original Salt Lick BBQ in Dripping Springs.  Coopers in Lllano, Blacks or Kreuz's or Smitty's in Lockhart, and my old favorite is Louie Muellers in Taylor.  All are day rides from Kerrville, plus you are not far from Gruene (cool little town with an old dance hall) and Luckenbach, a great place to waste an afternoon.  3 Sisters are the main riding roads (3 Ranch Roads) people go for, but there are a lot of other good rides in that area.  My favorites are the rolling ribbon roller coasters - little twisties with dips as far as the eye can see.  Gals liked the wineries in the area, plenty to choose from. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »

Retired to Homosassa Florida June 30th of this year. Spent the last 12 years in Alabama running a major stamping plant. Originally from Ohio.

We love the area haven't ridden much as we have been remodeling the house we bought. Wouldn't move if you paid us too. Getting ready to have Billy at Iron Horse in Lecanto tweak my motor.  Looking for a good builder to add a 3rd bay to the garage this winter.
Go up to Crystal River just north of you, hop on Ozello Trail, its a short ride, but lots of Curves.  Nice area of FL you chose, I like it much better than the east side of the state and south of Tampa. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2016, 05:39:32 PM »

Well I moved from ZOO Jersey 30 years ago to the backwoods of southern
VA never looked back no regrets. Everyone said you will be back in less than a year I don't even go to visit

Built my house in the middle of 25 acres.
2.5 hours to beach or 2.5 hours to the mountains.
If i remember correctly taxes are about  $1200 a year. 4 seasons huge lake with 800 miles of shore line 5 miles away and 3 towns each about 14 miles away if I need a big city Richmond 70 miles one way the other way 70 miles to Raleigh.

About 33000 people in are county
Open Carry
Must issue concealed State
Hunt in the back yard

Happy In MUCK CROSS VA
Now the wife wants to move to the GA mountains
Your situation sounds pretty good. Especially able to hunt in your backyard

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2016, 06:49:10 PM »

:-\
"Well I moved from ZOO Jersey 30 years ago to the backwoods of southern"............

Having ventured into N.J. a few times while I was living for 2 yrs, 3 months and 6 days in N.Y..................I gotta ask if you didn't have power windows,  has your left arm gotten back to "normal" after all that time in N.J...................stopping every couple of miles to pay a fu**ing toll. :nixweiss:

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2016, 09:47:04 PM »

:-\
"Well I moved from ZOO Jersey 30 years ago to the backwoods of southern"............

Having ventured into N.J. a few times while I was living for 2 yrs, 3 months and 6 days in N.Y..................I gotta ask if you didn't have power windows,  has your left arm gotten back to "normal" after all that time in N.J...................stopping every couple of miles to pay a fu**ing toll. :nixweiss:
Doesn't everybody pay tolls to sit in traffic! Nothing better then sitting in traffic because the toll booths are backed up.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.