Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Personal opinions  (Read 13162 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Personal opinions
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 01:26:23 PM »

Terry I have to agree with the current status of the site in general. I was having this same discussion with Brian about 6 months ago. As someone said earlier as the membership rises the closeness of the membership wanes. I remember when I joined there were on 1500 registered users and maybe 30 or so regular posters. I loved MV06 when i was able to put faces to the many screen names I traded verbage with on the site. I kind of miss the smallness of the site back then. Terry I love ya Bro and I hope everything works out for you and Suzanne. Remember you both have a friend for life.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RedFXR2

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 02:47:58 PM »

And between you, me, and the fencepost, I'm betting there are many more decent folks on this site who would much prefer reading your insightful posts.

Just call me "Fencepost".

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »

Who likes "KNUCKLEHEADS"?,:beerchug:
That one is ok in my book! :)
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »

That one is ok in my book! :)
Yep.......my favorite V-Twin of all time.  A work of art.  And some are building 'em now that just look like knuckles but are really modern motors.   When I hit the lottery, I'm gonna have to have one.......this time in a frame with rear suspension and a magic-button instead of a hard-tailed kicker.  (shoulda never sold my ole '47 chop)  Aaaaaaggh.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

gunrunner

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 flstfse
    • CVO2: 08 flhrse4
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 06:53:28 PM »

I like knuckleheads, and singing cum buy ya around the campfire

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »

its a given fact that this site is not the same today as it was a few years ago. probally much different the even 1 year ago. it i think its a safe bet that it will be different in another year. cant say anyones opinion in 1 year will be that the site is better or worse then it is today. what ever the site becomes will be based on the members that are active during that time the site only exists because of the content that members have created the best way to steer us in what you believe to be a positive direction is to continue to be active
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »

its a given fact that this site is not the same today as it was a few years ago. probally much different the even 1 year ago. it i think its a safe bet that it will be different in another year. cant say anyones opinion in 1 year will be that the site is better or worse then it is today. what ever the site becomes will be based on the members that are active during that time the site only exists because of the content that members have created the best way to steer us in what you believe to be a positive direction is to continue to be active

sound advice...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 07:21:27 PM »

Kinda like our U.S of A. or World, for that matter.   ??? spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »

Terry, I'll never forget you and Suzane and our ride together in 06 and I appreciate that you came from B'ham to meet us and ride with us and value that memory.  I've always enjoyed your posts and perspective, including the one that started this thread.

This site is changing and has changed.  I can remember a time, just a few years ago when I met somebody from this site, I would remember their name and their user name and I thought that applied to many. 

Yesterday, it became abundantly clear to me just how much this site has grown.  While at Jim's open house party, I can't tell you how many guys walked up, called me by name and said hi......would then go on to "remind" me of their name.....and even though they all looked familuar, there were several that I'm just not sure who they are or where I met them.  This site has gotten big and so, it's changed that much, too!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 09:41:13 PM »

Yesterday, it became abundantly clear to me just how much this site has grown.  While at Jim's open house party, I can't tell you how many guys walked up, called me by name and said hi......would then go on to "remind" me of their name.....and even though they all looked familuar, there were several that I'm just not sure who they are or where I met them.  This site has gotten big and so, it's changed that much, too!
Either that, or you've gotten old, JC.  :o (just kidding)  I'm at the CRS stage now myself.  :P har!  :drink: spyder

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 09:58:28 PM »

Yep.......my favorite V-Twin of all time.  A work of art.  And some are building 'em now that just look like knuckles but are really modern motors.   When I hit the lottery, I'm gonna have to have one.......this time in a frame with rear suspension and a magic-button instead of a hard-tailed kicker.  (shoulda never sold my ole '47 chop)  Aaaaaaggh.  :drink: spyder
Here is a 47 is saw today at the Mt. Garfield Pro Hill Climb in Muskegon, MI.

As for the personal opinions, someone once told me to not discuss Religion or Politics, it helps you keep friends friends.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 10:01:33 PM by 56FLE »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 10:02:32 PM »

Either that, or you've gotten old, JC.  :o (just kidding)  I'm at the CRS stage now myself.  :P har!  :drink: spyder

Well, we can blame it on that....or the fact that I've been on some serious pain medication for long periods of time over the past three years....or (take your pick).  The fact of the matter is.....the memory is going and I'm not in denial about it. :(  It'll really suck when we start forgetting people that we've known for years. :o

Ya know, I bought a video on "How To Improve Your Memory".  My only problem is I can't remember where I put it. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 10:43:59 PM »

Good advice and kind words...I appreciate both from the genuine friends I've made here.  I'll still be around, even though I'm bikeless at this time.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 10:50:34 PM »

Hey Terry!
I was typing this as you posted, there are so many of the replys I can't take one of them and second it. I second them all !!! Boy! the site has changed and like Neil said it will change more. My advice is treat those people like water on a Duck back ( Let it roll off )

Don.........

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 12:00:06 AM »

I'll still be around, even though I'm bikeless at this time.

You're still cute though (Diva told me).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 21 queries.