Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: New Sobriety Test employed  (Read 6376 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
New Sobriety Test employed
« on: December 27, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

Do Not Drink And Drive

With New Year's Eve fast approaching let me remind all members to Drink Responsibly and do not take to the road if you have been drinking.

In the event you do, please be aware the police are using a "sure fire" new sobriety test.  You may wish to practice, here's a short video to show the test: http://www.darlugo.com/?id=749&ext=2

Bagger

Re: New Sobriety Test employed
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 12:56:17 PM »

That'll do it.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 01:33:26 PM »

He hit his head so hard on the ground that we could hear it.  That made me wince in pain, just thinking about it.   [smiley=nervous.gif]

Mind you, the thought of anyone getting behind the wheel of a vehicle under the influence hurts me much more.   >:(

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »

Man! :o Now that's gotta hurt! Talk about the ultimate hangover! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Glad those days are behind me!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Ya'll be careful out there! Happy New Year!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 02:27:51 PM by J.Rud »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 03:55:12 PM »

Road rash and a headache and can't remember any of it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 03:58:05 PM »

Ouch!!!! [smiley=vrolijk27.gif] That gives a whole new meaning to [smiley=wall.gif] [smiley=duhk.gif].

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 08:50:02 PM »

Clearly, poor procedure. Always, always bend your knees, not at the waist.   [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 08:53:38 PM »

Clearly, poor procedure. Always, always bend your knees, not at the waist.   [smiley=thumbdown.gif]
[smiley=ROFLOL.gif] [smiley=ROFLOL.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 12:39:50 AM »

And the drunk will sue the cops for forcing or encouraging him in to the position of injuring himself under color of authority.....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 01:28:19 AM »

And the drunk will sue the cops for forcing or encouraging him in to the position of injuring himself under color of authority.....

Don, you could have saved that til after New Years...........

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 01:38:22 AM »

Don, you could have saved that til after New Years...........

Weird stuff happens that no one can reasonably be expected to have considered beforehand.  But sometimes folks just get dumb....

Sometimes it works out in your favor too though Rog.  8 or 9 years ago (give or take a bit) I was out playing a bit in a 57 vette.  Coming home about 1:00 AM.  Then, of course, on a completely dark and long and straight stretch of state road cherries are flashing about a 1/4 mile behind me.

I stop.  Trooper walks up and asks (in a not at all friendly tone of voice), "Is there a reason I clocked you at 92 in a 55 mile an hour zone."  Admittedly, my first inclination was to answer "because you pulled the trigger on the radar gun."  But I thought better of it.

The Trooper goes back to his car, runs my drivers license, then comes back up and says "please step back and take a seat in the front of my car."  So he's going to write me a probably rather large ticket.

It's dark outside.  Really dark.  It's a two lane road.  Shoulders aren't huge.  His patrol car is pretty good sized.  Once you step past the headlights it is damn dark on the passenger side of his car.

What neither of is knew beforehand was that just off the shoulder was a pretty deep culvert.  We also didn't know that the grasses grown up in might it look (at least at night) like it was a level surface.  So I step around his car and (entirely on his direction) go ass over tea kettle down in to rocks, debris, tin cans, dead rodentia, muck and other sundry things collected in a roughly four feet deep ditch on the side of a two lane road.

He didn't give me the ticket though.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 02:36:59 AM »

I hear you.  Did I tell you about comin' home in the SRT10 a month ago and there's some a$$ on my a$$ so I pull to the right lane and let him go by so he now is 10 feet behind the guy I was behind on the freeway doing 70 in a 60?

Well I'm in a truck, he's in a Ford 3/4 ton 4X4, so why not play?

When the guy in front of him clears he steps it up, so do I, so does he, so do I......I'm in 4th doing about 95 when we clear the last car for awhile in the right lane so I feather it up to about 110 and miss my shift to 5th, no worries drop to fourth punch it never getting off his hip and pull him, into fifth at about 125 and pulling away (600 hp does come in handy)  [smiley=oops.gif] that's when he lights me up.

Holy crap, throw away the keys, the house the truck ah hell I'm screwed.  I pull to the right lane and he never slows down.....to this day I have no idea if he was customs, FBI, Fish and Game, unmarked Stater.....no clue.

I didn't get a ticket either.......just an instant ulcer.  I took the back roads home from there after I hit the first exit that he passed.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 03:03:11 AM »

I hear you.  Did I tell you about comin' home in the SRT10 a month ago and there's some a$$ on my a$$ so I pull to the right lane and let him go by so he now is 10 feet behind the guy I was behind on the freeway doing 70 in a 60?

Well I'm in a truck, he's in a Ford 3/4 ton 4X4, so why not play?

When the guy in front of him clears he steps it up, so do I, so does he, so do I......I'm in 4th doing about 95 when we clear the last car for awhile in the right lane so I feather it up to about 110 and miss my shift to 5th, no worries drop to fourth punch it never getting off his hip and pull him, into fifth at about 125 and pulling away (600 hp does come in handy)  [smiley=oops.gif] that's when he lights me up.

Holy crap, throw away the keys, the house the truck ah hell I'm screwed.  I pull to the right lane and he never slows down.....to this day I have no idea if he was customs, FBI, Fish and Game, unmarked Stater.....no clue.

I didn't get a ticket either.......just an instant ulcer.  I took the back roads home from there after I hit the first exit that he passed.

That is outstanding Rog  [smiley=mango.gif] !  You've got to know that, no matter what his intentions, the guy was just about to bust at the thought of your reaction when he hit the lights.  You thought you were playing but he was having all the fun.

My all time favorite traffic incident was in the same old Corvette I mentioned above though.  One very cool cop.  I was working late one night, in a bad mood, finished up and decided to go for a drive.  Headed west.  You get west of me in to Kansas and it gets long and straight and see-forever very quickly.  

I was a couple hours in to the little drive, about 1:00 AM, and pushing the little 283 in that fuel injected 57 for most of what it was worth.  Between 110 and 115 for a bit and just letting my few hairs blow in the wind to finish unwinding from the day.  Then, sure enough, a long long way behind me up come the cherries.

First thought was that he was too far behind me, can outrun him and hide someplace in the dark.  But first thoughts are, well......; first thoughts.  So I pull it over and wait for him.

Then this large economy sized county patrolman walks up beside the little car.  This guy is 6'6" or better.  Looks down and says something pretty much like,  "How ya doin' tonight sir.  Been trailing you for a little bit but the county line is coming up right away.  The boys in the next county, well, they frown on this stuff so I wanted to get you stopped before you got there."

Stood at the side of the road and talked cars with this guy for a half hour or more before turning it around and heading back toward home.  Definitely the best road side stop I ever had.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 03:04:02 AM by twolanerider »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 09:13:09 AM »

You gotta love that.

I had an old time State Patrol let me go one time too, boy was my ex pissed off.  She was with me and had gotten a ticket the week before.

Must be all you (and my) clean livin'......don't you think? [smiley=ons_4.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 12:14:43 PM »

Must be all you (and my) clean livin'......don't you think? [smiley=ons_4.gif]

Absolutely man, absolutely.  We be cherubs on two feet with purity of heart and mind.  Yeap; that's us. 8-)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.