Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alarm system disarm  (Read 937 times)

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 flhtcuse 1
    • CVO2: 2007 flhtcuse 2
    • CVO3: 2008 flhtcuse 3
Alarm system disarm
« on: August 11, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »

I went to put in a new battery this morning and followed the normal rules. Have fob close, turn ignition switch on, remove main fuse, and turn switch off. The alarm would not shut off and kept going for about 10 minutes prior to finally turning off.  After I got over the disturbance to my neighbors, I noticed that I had the run switch in the on position when I started the process. Could that have been the problem? Afraid to try again right now due to noise in the neighborhood. Thanks for replies.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Alarm system disarm
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »

that should not have made any difference.  did you wait long enough for the security to disarm before you pulled the fuse? 

is your fob battery any good?

those are the only two things that I can think of that should have given you any grief.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »

that should not have made any difference.  did you wait long enough for the security to disarm before you pulled the fuse? 

is your fob battery any good?

those are the only two things that I can think of that should have given you any grief.
Yes I did all things according to the book. Another question. If I unplug the alarm until I figure it out, will bike perform normally?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 02:13:20 PM »

Yes I did all things according to the book. Another question. If I unplug the alarm until I figure it out, will bike perform normally?

If you just unplug the siren it won't affect the rest of the security system.  The siren is an optional feature on regular bikes, they only had it as standard equipment on the CVO's.

Next time you need to disconnect the battery, once you turn the system on with the run switch watch the security light on the gauge.  Wait for it to go out, then pull the main fuse.  You may have been too fast to pull the fuse and did so before the security system was actually disarmed.  As for making a difference if you started out with the run switch in the on instead of off position, I don't think it would make a difference unless you flipped the switch to the off position before pulling the fuse.  I've never tried it though, so that's just a semi-educated guess.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »

Thanks. Maybe that was the problem.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.