Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND  (Read 18040 times)

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND
« on: January 07, 2007, 07:59:42 PM »

As of now I only wear a half helmet. I know I really would perfer wearing a full but cant stand
even trying them on. I get very costraphobic .I believe it was harleydiva that recommended a NOLAN... correct me if I am wrong.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated .

Thanks Soozie [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=help.gif]

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

SPIDERMAN

Re: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 08:22:04 PM »

Soozie,
           I have a H-D Jet which is A 3/4 helmet. As soon as I post this, I'm sure someone will post that you can cut out H-D and buy it direct from the Mfgr ( which I can't remember) for less. It is a comforable helmet and with the shield down is 95% as effective as a full face in keeping out wind and rain. However, if I were to buy a fullface, the Nolan is the only one I'd consider due to the way the entire front of it flips up when you're going slow or taking it of and putting it on. Extremely well thought out and well made product IMO.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 11:40:56 PM »

Soozie,
           I have a H-D Jet which is A 3/4 helmet. As soon as I post this, I'm sure someone will post that you can cut out H-D and buy it direct from the Mfgr ( which I can't remember) for less. It is a comforable helmet and with the shield down is 95% as effective as a full face in keeping out wind and rain. However, if I were to buy a fullface, the Nolan is the only one I'd consider due to the way the entire front of it flips up when you're going slow or taking it of and putting it on. Extremely well thought out and well made product IMO.

B B

Ditto.  Almost a year now in to my transition to a full faced lid. This Nolan N102 is a great helmet.  All the mechanisms work flawlessly.  Opens easily with either hand.  The venting system works well.  It's a surprisingly comfortable lid (as lids go).  And periperhal vision with the face closed was (at least to me) surprisingly good.  I guess it's not even too damned ugly.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 12:00:45 AM »

Hey! Don
Where can you get the Nolan Helmet!

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 12:05:37 AM »

Soozie,

I use the HJC SY-MAX & I'm very happy with it. But I really can't compare it to anything because I went straight from the Jet 3/4 helmet to this. I really love the flip up feature, it  makes it very easy to put on & take off. One thing I can say though is that everyone is different & the best thing to do is go somewhere with a good selection & just try them on, because every manufacturer is a little different so you really want to find one that you think feels the best.
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 12:26:03 AM »

Hey! Don

You've got two version to consider Don.  The N102 or the N102 N-Com.  Both the same helmet.  The N-Com version is just pre-readied for some electronics you might add in it later if you ever decide too.  Very little price difference in the helmet models themselves so it's probably not a bad idea to give yourself the flexibility.

Best price I've noticed lately is an Ebay seller doing them for a buy it now of $210.00.  Just search by Nolan N102 NCom and you'll find them.  For your bride's new bike Nolan's "black cherry" color is a pretty acceptable match to the dark red part of our bikes too.

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »

Soozie,

B B

Thanks Spiderman

Thats a good idea I think I could probably get used to the 3/4 easier and for the fullface it seems like everyone is still
reccomending the nolan. Ive got to find a store where I can try on the nolan.. its not a problem finding a harley store to try on the jet !

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »

You've got two version to consider Don.  The N102 or the N102 N-Com.  Both the same helmet.  The N-Com version is just pre-readied for some electronics you might add in it later if you ever decide too.  Very little price difference in the helmet models themselves so it's probably not a bad idea to give yourself the flexibility.

Best price I've noticed lately is an Ebay seller doing them for a buy it now of $210.00.  Just search by Nolan N102 NCom and you'll find them.  For your bride's new bike Nolan's "black cherry" color is a pretty acceptable match to the dark red part of our bikes too.

Don

Your right its got to be fasiohable and  the black cherry I could do .

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 11:17:20 AM »

Soozie,

I use the HJC SY-MAX & I'm very happy with it. But I really can't compare it to anything because I went straight from the Jet 3/4 helmet to this. I really love the flip up feature, it  makes it very easy to put on & take off. One thing I can say though is that everyone is different & the best thing to do is go somewhere with a good selection & just try them on, because every manufacturer is a little different so you really want to find one that you think feels the best.

GasRat

What did you think about the Jet ?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 11:17:54 AM by BANDANAGIRL »

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »

Soozie...the Ultra Jet is a nice lid for a 3/4, and is what Diva and I used prior to getting the Nolans.  Diva felt claustriphobic in all the non flip face helmets, as the chin gaurd is closer to you than on the flips.  We went to one of the local BMW dealers here in town to try on the N102's prior to ordering.  She had no problem with it...I think a lot of it has to do with knowing she can open her face up whenever she wants to when we're stopped or going slow around town....it really is a two finger operation.  It really is a nice lid and she only wants to wear it now, and nothing else, not even the shorty.  I got ours from J&M, but got the headsets they install...you might find a better deal on just the lid elsewhere.  The Black Cherry color would be the one for your bike!  Find you a beemer dealer...bet they have 'em on the shelf for you to try.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 01:22:27 PM »

As of now I only wear a half helmet. I know I really would perfer wearing a full but cant stand
even trying them on. I get very costraphobic .[highlight]I believe it was harleydiva that recommended a NOLAN[/highlight]... correct me if I am wrong.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated .

Thanks Soozie [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=help.gif]

It was me Soozie.  The Nolan is great, and they have a beautiful red color.   [smiley=cherry.gif]   The Harley full face helmets were SO close to my face that I couldn't stand the claustrophobia.   :(    The Nolan is comfortable, warm, easy to get on and off.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 05:05:14 PM »

Suzie

I just purchased a Nolan N42 Outlaw ¾ helmet and am quite satisfied with it.  The Outlaw series is the same helmet with subdued markings so you don’t have to look like a billboard for the manufacturer.  I read some Nolan reviews that stated that they run small and I would have to agree.  The best price I found was at the Sandhills Power Sports website.

Good luck

Gregg

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »

Go with a Shoei or Arai.  Cost more to start with but worth it in the end.  Both are excellent choices.  The value you place on your head is directly related to the cost of your helmet.  I guess that is why I wear a beanie.

Just kidding about the beanie.

Cheers, Moe [smiley=banana.gif]
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

txbear55

• Full CVO Member
  • IBA
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 10:29:12 PM »

Ditto to CVOMOE.  I wear a Full Face Shoei....freezing to 100+ F.  No big deal after awhile...feel kinda nekkid without it.   Think how claustrophic you'll feel with your head wrapped in bandages after you've slid on your face and burned off your nose and lips....sorry, I'll get off the  [smiley=soapbox.gif]   FWIW,  I, too, own a beanie...reserve it for parade duty or around the block  [smiley=oops.gif]

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 11:22:21 PM »

If you are going to switch over the Shuberth C2 flip up is a great option - especially if you are trying to get used to a full face. They are more spendy but not as claustraphobic feeling as many others. They have great viewing area and are not too bad as far as weight and balance. The Shuberth C2 is the new version.

If you want light weight with good air flow, the Arai Corsair is the best and if you have a more elongated face/head, this helmet will give you the best fit. They are very expensive but can be dialed in to fit perfectly and are extremely light weight. IMHO these are the best helmets made.

Again, in my opionion, i would not waste time on a 3/4 shell.  Go full shell or stay half shell. You gain little (safety or warmth) for the added discomfort

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 11:32:18 PM »

Soozie,

I liked it just wanted to go with a full face. My wife & kids still use the jet W/faceshield & they say it is very comfortable for them. My wife was like you & didn't like the feeling of being confined in the full face but said she had no problem with the clear shield on the 3/4 helmet.
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »

Thanks for all the input. Now I need to go and start trying some on. [smiley=cherry.gif] :)

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.

harleydiva

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 03:04:03 PM »

Thanks for all the input. Now I need to go and start trying some on. [smiley=cherry.gif] :)

Soozie, the only way to know is to try them on.  Different brands and/or different styles of brands fit differently.  Put it on and wear it around the store for a few minutes.  

Good luck [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Suzanne

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »

If you're trying something on just puttering around a store don't forget to consciously check and pay attention to peripheral vision.  It is one of those things you don't pay attention to until you attempt to make use of it.

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 10:23:16 AM »

If you're trying something on just puttering around a store don't forget to consciously check and pay attention to peripheral vision.  It is one of those things you don't pay attention to until you attempt to make use of it.

VERY true Don!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 11:45:57 AM »

Hey! Guy's and Gal's
Thanks for the input I've been trying to get her to aleast try some on, and now maybe she will, the more I ride the more I'm feeling that I want more protection on my head, not to mention the cold weather , and the Bee problem I have.

Don

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 04:21:57 PM »

Hey! Don

There's a place here in Sacramento that has them in stock and a pretty good price, too.  If you want to run out there Sunday, so that she can try one on, let me know.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 10:12:01 AM »

I've got a HD Stealth Flame Modular:

While it's a little bit heavier due to the hinge system, I'll tell you what, when you need to get a big deep breath of air, it's sure nice getting the entire front of the helmet to swing up and out of the way.

The HD Stealth is essentially the HBC FFR, obviously with the custom harley logos and custom ghost flame paint.  Here's a pic from HBC's site that shows what it looks like when you hinge the face up:

You can either flip the shield or the entire face. I wore this helmet this year out at Sturgis after roasting myself over the previous 2 days, and even in 100+ temps, it was very, very comfortable. The cooling system works great!  I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 10:15:03 AM by mrmagloo »
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2007, 02:27:14 AM »

As rickybobby said I agree the Schuberth is one of the best flipups available, but I would also suggest the Caberg flipup. Both these helmets are harder to find but worth the effort. They also feature the inner flip down dark visor like a fighter pilot helmet. The Caberg can be stripped down and worn as a 3/4 helmet without the lower chin shell, its a little hard to figure out the first time but can be done in the motel room when your on a trip.

Here's my review of the Caberg Justissimo.
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1157416601

I'll have to update the review this summer when I put some more mile on the helmet but so far after 5 months its definatly my preference when riding with a helet.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 09:52:13 AM by reo »

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2007, 11:31:46 AM »

I have had a Schuberth for quite a few years. Great Helmet.

Their are a lot of neat helmets in Europe, Roof Boxer, the BMW System V, for example, however they meet European Standards not DOT or SNELL, so notlegal in Canada or US.

I am thinking of getting the BMW System V.

geezerglide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

Their are a lot of neat helmets in Europe, Roof Boxer, the BMW System V, for example, however they meet European Standards not DOT or SNELL, so notlegal in Canada or US.

geezerglide

Geezer, this is only anecdotal but might be worth following up on.  Some friends of mine currently posted in Germany haven't had favorable things to say about the System Vs.  Apparently found out after the fact that the lid had failed some impact test it was supposed to have passed.  More problematic in regular use, however, was that they all were using the added electronics that are part of the System.  Bluetooth and intercoms in the lids and other things.  To a man they all had failures.  Some repeated failures (like four dead systems in 7 months).

Haven't hear them complaining as much lately.  Whether that means BMW finally got their problems solved or the guys gave up and went to different lids I don't know.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 04:47:22 PM »

2Lane,

Thanks for the heads up, I may just rethink the purchase of the System V, never really intended to use the Bluetooth option.

Have an HD Stealth modular by KBC, I find this helmet to noisy.

May purchase another Schuberth, I find not as much wind noise, probably because of the neck curtain or whatever they call the piece that fits under the chin.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 04:48:10 PM by geezerglide »

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 05:14:21 PM »

geezerglide

I haven't checked all the helmets you described but the Shuberth and Caberg meet dot and ECE 2205 spec. I was told most of the good european helmets could meet snell but the companies dont spend the money to certify them because of the small USA market they fit.

(edit)

I think I have to clarify my perception of snell certification on european helmets: when I was told that european helmets are generally not snell certified because of the lack of US sales I was then looking at full face helmets. Now the Caberg justissimo and Shuberth c2 both use steel hinges in the chin pivot but the flip-up option may keep them from ever meeting snell. I cant say I have ever seen any flip-up helmets meeting snell.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 05:40:07 PM by reo »

dagbre

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 SEFB
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 05:30:05 PM »

I have a Roof Boxer. Clean design, comfy, but the visor is too easily fogged. Roof helmets can be bought at this link:

http://www.designerhelmets.com/prodlist.php?cat=Roof&prod=R05+Boxer+Classic

dagbre
Måteleg klok kvar mann vere ovklok vere han ikkje for sjeldan er hugnad i hjarta å finna hjå honom som ovklok er!

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 07:17:16 AM »

Also, I've a ROOF Boxer.
It's interesting because it had a "chin piece rotating to the back of the shell".
In Summer, I dismount the front part and I've a 3/4 jet style. (pic)

I agree with the problem of the fogg when it's all close.

I've not tested with the helmet headset.

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 07:18:58 AM »

The ROOF Boxer with the front part.
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 05:12:23 PM »

I bought the new Shoei Multitec (2007 model) flip up full face on Friday morning before riding to Sac for the Easy Riders show.  Loved it!  It has a rubber seal around the visor so no air or noise, has slots for your glasses so they aren't pressed to your head, has good peripheral vision, and didn't fog up.  Expensive, but worth it.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 06:42:11 PM »

The best full face helmet I've ever owned is the Shoei X-11. I use it in riding below 40 degree weather. Very light, comfortable, good anti-fog venting. You can get them on EBay for less than retail by a mile.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 04:24:27 AM »

the best helmet for me [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Bagger

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 07:59:38 AM »

WOW, now I LIKE that.  Good looking helmet.  I've noticed more and more people going to full face helmets of one sort or another.  We have 3/4 helmets, and really like them when it is cold...........but since most of our riding is done when it is blazing hot, we prefer 1/2 helmets.  I used the 3/4 once when it was hot, and it felt like I was swimming.  Not sure I could deal with a full face helmet in the summer.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »

WOW, now I LIKE that.  Good looking helmet.  I've noticed more and more people going to full face helmets of one sort or another.  We have 3/4 helmets, and really like them when it is cold...........but since most of our riding is done when it is blazing hot, we prefer 1/2 helmets.  I used the 3/4 once when it was hot, and it felt like I was swimming.  Not sure I could deal with a full face helmet in the summer.

I worried about that adjustment.  Year and a half or two years ago I made the switch to a 3/4 (Arai Classic/M) because it had gotten to the point that after long riding days I not only couldn't hear at the end of the day but my ears rang so loudly I couldn't sleep either.  Ear plugs didn't help much so I went to more coverage.  Then after having done that for a year or so went ahead and tried a full face lid.

It took some getting used to.  Especially in warm weather.  The one I've got though fortunately has some effective venting and it's still stable with the visor open a little or a lot.  Can pretty well adjust to temperature needs at will.  Still don't wear the big one 100% of the time.  But it's a lot better than I expected it would be in hot weather once I got used to how to use the system.

70_GTX

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 04:53:16 PM »

I'm very happy with the same set-up that mrmagloo described. I always wore a 3/4 before. I was afraid that the full faced would be too hot. The modular system lets you easily lift the front for in-town riding and talking at stops. Some say that it is too noisy but is definately quieter than the 3/4. Even while we were in the Arizona desert, I was comfortable. The 3/4 had a harley face shield, I believe the full face is cooler due to being able to lift the shield a couple of notches and getting air flow over the top. Works for me.

Pbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 02:32:53 PM »

Suzie

I just purchased a Nolan N42 Outlaw ¾ helmet and am quite satisfied with it.  The Outlaw series is the same helmet with subdued markings so you don’t have to look like a billboard for the manufacturer.  I read some Nolan reviews that stated that they run small and I would have to agree.  The best price I found was at the Sandhills Power Sports website.

Good luck

Gregg

Hey Gregg...
I like the looks of the N42. Not able to see one yet and am curious how the HD headset fits/works inside.  Does it look like it'll mount with few problems--and/or have you mounted a headset inside?  What's the wind noise like at speed?
Thanks
Charles...
2007 Smurf SEUC, Birthdate 9/11/06

Proud to be an American Infidel!

mav7266

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2007, 12:12:12 AM »

Just ordered two of the Nolan 102 N-com, and lower cords for me and the Mrs. based on the recommendations from many of the members on the site. Costly, but my head is worth a lot. Thanks for the help guys, and recommendations.

mav7266
Ride Safe! Ride hard! Enjoy Life!!

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »

Charles

Sorry but I can’t provide any input on the helmets comms capabilities, I haven’t tried to install any and it was not in the plans.  I’m satisfied with the noise level, after a six hour ride my ears are not ringing, I’m curious to see if I will go back to the ½ helmet when the weather warms up because of the increased comfort factor I’m experiencing due to the noise reduction.

Gregg

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »

Went ahead and took the plung today. I ordered the Nolan N-102 w/ headset & harness from J&M. Three to four days fro them to get it and 1-2 days to wire it. I also ordered the anntena. I'll let y'all know. AJ

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007, 09:04:41 PM »

Went ahead and took the plung today. I ordered the Nolan N-102 w/ headset & harness from J&M. Three to four days fro them to get it and 1-2 days to wire it. I also ordered the anntena. I'll let y'all know. AJ

Hope you like yours as well as others of us have AJ.  If you're half as pleased as I've been or TC or a few others I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the new lid.  Good luck with it.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007, 09:57:03 PM »

AJ

Let me know how it works out.
We may have to go that way.
Did you order one for Sassy also?

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2007, 11:03:05 PM »

AJ

AJ...I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the Nolan's...I'm so used to them now, I don't know that I can go back to anything else.  Most comfortable helmet I've ever worn!!  It really does make a difference at the end of a long day's ride...eyes are not as tired from the wind, and hearing is something we all need to be more concerned about running the pipes we tend to run...just the wind noise will wear on you by the end of the day with a shorty...

TTS Mastertune

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2007, 12:48:27 AM »

AJ

Chip, Sassy doesn't like to get her hair 'messed' up.  ;D
I figured for $600 I'd better try one for myself first. Her 1/2 HD lid will do for now.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2007, 07:02:31 AM »

I figured for $600 I'd better try one for myself first. Her 1/2 HD lid will do for now.

AJ
Splain that 600 buckeroos to me please. (if that's ok)
The helmet is how much and the J&M stuff is how much?
The Frontier has the plug for intercom and helmet speakers so I'm thinking I might try that.
I have the plug for the GPS and a new lid would help hearing that also.
Also "more protection" is always better!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:53:49 AM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2007, 11:19:14 AM »

AJ...tell Sassy to talk to Suzanne about the hair thing....her hair actually gets LESS messed up with the full face than it did with the shorty...no matter what helmet you wear, you're still going to have "helmet hair"...just tell her to get a cute hat....

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »

Chip...not trying to butt in here, but here's the link to J&M that shows the Nolan 102 and headsets...you would want the helmet/headset combo that is $529, plus the Z cord to adapt to your intercom plug (if it's the same as a regular HD intercom).  If you do this, and your GPS has an output 3.5mm, you can feed that into the aux in on the radio and should be able to hear the GPS through the headsets.

http://www.jmcorp.com/NolanHelmets.asp

TTS Mastertune

pcr02hd

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 08:34:28 PM »

For anybody that wants to save a couple of bucks the Nolan N102 N-com can be had for $220 shipped from imotorcyclestore overstock store on ebay just search Nolan N102 N-com on ebay.

For the J&M headsets and lower cord try wingstuff.com they are selling the J&M HSICD584NNC for $208.99 and the J&M HCZH lower cord for $41.99 with free shipping.

Here is a link for the headset

http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/244_Headset/3990_JM_HSICD584_NNC_Intergrated_Nolan_Headset/?goto=%2Fpgroup_list%2Felectronics%2F244_goldwing_Headset%2Fdes%2F

and a link for the lower cord

http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/244_Headset/3891_Z_Style_Required_Lower_Headset_Hook_Up_Cords/?goto=%2Fpgroup_list%2Felectronics%2F244_goldwing_Headset%2Fdes%2F

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 01:00:03 AM »

WooYoo! It was like Christmas when I got home tonight!

Nolan helmet, harness for Bluetooth, EFI cover plate, & antenna.

I'm gonna have a busy weekend. Of couse I'll post pix!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007, 10:39:11 AM »

Alright guys, I got this helmet and tried it on last night. It's an XL. The helmet fits my head but the faceshield seems too close to my mouth. There is no room between my mouth and the lower for the mike boom. Anyone else have this problem? Should I exchange it for a XXL? Will that give me more room or is the shape of my head just wrong for the Nolan? TIA, AJ

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2007, 10:45:47 AM »

Alright guys, I got this helmet and tried it on last night. It's an XL. The helmet fits my head but the faceshield seems too close to my mouth. There is no room between my mouth and the lower for the mike boom. Anyone else have this problem? Should I exchange it for a XXL? Will that give me more room or is the shape of my head just wrong for the Nolan? TIA, AJ

Better make sure your head didn't swell from all that cool stuff you're doing to the bike! ::) That's the problem with buying fitted items online. My Gerber gloves are a little tight, even though I followed their sizing chart. I've had them too long to return them and now I probably won't use them. It seems that every company's sizes vary. I'm not buying anything online again that needs to be fitted. It has to be tried on first! That's the Hoist Words of Wisdom for today! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »

AJ...I don't have any problems with mine, though it is a tight fit where the mike goes...I put the mike right up against my lips prior to closing the lid and there's about 1/4"-1/2" clearance in there when I get everything shut, so just push it forward with my lips after closing.  The things got to be fairly close to your lips to work.  Plenty of room You might run by a metric or beemer shop and try on the XXL to see if it's a better fit.  Not every helmet is made for every head/face shape.

TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2007, 12:50:51 PM »

Pinkie and I did some helmet shopping at the show yesterday. Arai, Shoei and Nolan. We didn't try on the Arai's because the J&M stuff only fits their 3/4. The Shoei Multitec had some pressure spots on her head right away, so no go there.

We then tried on the N-Com. She got one on, and it was the most comfortable one for her. I tried one, but just couldn't get it comfortable. My problem is the ears fitting into the wells. I get pressure on the cartilage at 8 o'clock. If I can feel it after 30 seconds, after several hours, I'll be in pain. I looked at the removable pads, but don't see any way to remove material to fit around my ears. Looks like this is not going to be as simple as I thought.

Now, as for the electronics...Wow! Right now, there isn't anyway to simply hook two Nolans up to the HD intercom and get the same functionality as the $175 Harley headset. Is J&M the solution?

Chief

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2007, 01:04:49 PM »

Pinkie and I did some helmet shopping at the show yesterday. Arai, Shoei and Nolan. We didn't try on the Arai's because the J&M stuff only fits their 3/4. The Shoei Multitec had some pressure spots on her head right away, so no go there.

We then tried on the N-Com. She got one on, and it was the most comfortable one for her. I tried one, but just couldn't get it comfortable. My problem is the ears fitting into the wells. I get pressure on the cartilage at 8 o'clock. If I can feel it after 30 seconds, after several hours, I'll be in pain. I looked at the removable pads, but don't see any way to remove material to fit around my ears. Looks like this is not going to be as simple as I thought.

Now, as for the electronics...Wow! Right now, there isn't anyway to simply hook two Nolans up to the HD intercom and get the same functionality as the $175 Harley headset. Is J&M the solution?

Chief

Chief...the J&M headsets work perfectly with the intercom on the bike, you just have to get their Z cord which adapts the pigtail on the helmet to the intercom plug-in.  It actually makes it much easier to get hooked up.  You get music, VOX, and CB with this.

TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2007, 01:40:01 PM »

Chief

Chief, ditto to what Terry said...we love our Nolan helmets, can communicate with each other and listen to tunes.   :2vrolijk_21:  I tried several helmets and the pressure spots on my head were horrible...none with the Nolan.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »

Chief, ditto to what Terry said...we love our Nolan helmets, can communicate with each other and listen to tunes.   :2vrolijk_21:  I tried several helmets and the pressure spots on my head were horrible...none with the Nolan.

Thanks Diva. Pinkie liked the Nolan the best, but I've got to find a solution for the ears because that cartilage gets real sore after being pressed on for several hours.

I talked to J&M, and that looks like the system to get. I just have to get the helmet fitting situation addressed.

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »

Chief...the J&M headsets work perfectly with the intercom on the bike, you just have to get their Z cord which adapts the pigtail on the helmet to the intercom plug-in.  It actually makes it much easier to get hooked up.  You get music, VOX, and CB with this.

I guess I should have been clearer. What I meant to say is there isn't a simple way to hook up the Nolan electronics to the bike system. I was looking at the Nolan Basic set + Nolan ebox + connector cord, which would require plugging in the helmets at night for charging the ebox.

I understand the Nolan helmets with the J&M electrics is much simpler.

Chief

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 02:06:41 PM »

Diva,
Don't mean to interrupt here, but is the toe on that boot getting longer?? :confused5:  You haven't been having to use that on Terry have you? :huepfenlol2:
Tony (One of the other TCs)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »

I guess I should have been clearer. What I meant to say is there isn't a simple way to hook up the Nolan electronics to the bike system. I was looking at the Nolan Basic set + Nolan ebox + connector cord, which would require plugging in the helmets at night for charging the ebox.

I understand the Nolan helmets with the J&M electrics is much simpler.

Chief

Chief...I figured you were talking about something else, but wasn't sure.  I understand that J&M is coming out with some kind of bluetooth thing soon, but am uncertain as to what all it will do.  Ultimately, it would be nice to be wireless all the way, but that's probably a few months off.  Some offerings do part, but not all.

You tried the N102, right?  How about the N1002...it's made a bit differently, but is not as easy to flip up?  You're the second person I've heard about who's had a problem with the ear part of the Nolan.  Some of the top line HJC helmets are nice as well...I've got one of the Yikes AC12 full face that I wear on the Vrod, but it's not a flip front.  The flip is something I really like when riding the Ultra.  I'll take a look at mine to see if there's anything that could be done in the ear area.  What part of your ear is it pressing against?

You've just got too much gray matter between your ears, bro... :huepfenlol2:  Mine is shrinking daily...

TTS Mastertune

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »

Hi Chief,
I have a problem in finding a full face helmet that I could wear since my jaw line is very wide and It's hard enough to find a helmet to fit much less adding the audio equipment inside too. I spend a long time talking to J&M and they admitted that a guy like me would not be comfortable with any line they carried.
My solution was this one :
http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/ac2/ac2silver

It allows me to put the Harley speakers in pockets inside the leather curtain and the wires run in a hidden area behind your head. The headset clamps to the side of the helmet and the boom mike can be positioned in front of you anywhere you want.
If you want I think HJC has a 3/4 helmet that gives more protection and can be fitted for a sound system too it's the AC-3. I think it's on that website too so you can look at it.
I would love a full face helmet that could hold the audio equipment and my head too but they don't make them bigger, also from my research the flip face helmets seem shorter to the chin than a solid full face helmet but they offer great convenience if you can fit in one.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »

Diva,
Don't mean to interrupt here, but is the toe on that boot getting longer?? :confused5:  You haven't been having to use that on Terry have you? :huepfenlol2:
Tony (One of the other TCs)

Tony...Suzanne would never need a longer toe on her boot for moi....she knows I'm an  :angel: :vrolijk_19: :nervous:

TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »

Hi Chief,
I have a problem in finding a full face helmet that I could wear since my jaw line is very wide and It's hard enough to find a helmet to fit much less adding the audio equipment inside too. I spend a long time talking to J&M and they admitted that a guy like me would not be comfortable with any line they carried.
My solution was this one :
http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/ac2/ac2silver

It allows me to put the Harley speakers in pockets inside the leather curtain and the wires run in a hidden area behind your head. The headset clamps to the side of the helmet and the boom mike can be positioned in front of you anywhere you want.
If you want I think HJC has a 3/4 helmet that gives more protection and can be fitted for a sound system too it's the AC-3. I think it's on that website too so you can look at it.
I would love a full face helmet that could hold the audio equipment and my head too but they don't make them bigger, also from my research the flip face helmets seem shorter to the chin than a solid full face helmet but they offer great convenience if you can fit in one.

I'm already set up with a Harley 3/4 with the HD headset in it. I've used it for the past 6 years and it has served me well. I guess I'm getting old and looking to better protect what's left. That's why I'm looking at the full face. Plus, the passenger is always getting beat up by the wind, so it will make it more enjoyable for her as well.

I'll take a look at your reccomendation.

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »

Chief...I figured you were talking about something else, but wasn't sure.  I understand that J&M is coming out with some kind of bluetooth thing soon, but am uncertain as to what all it will do.  Ultimately, it would be nice to be wireless all the way, but that's probably a few months off.  Some offerings do part, but not all.

You tried the N102, right?  How about the N1002...it's made a bit differently, but is not as easy to flip up?  You're the second person I've heard about who's had a problem with the ear part of the Nolan.  Some of the top line HJC helmets are nice as well...I've got one of the Yikes AC12 full face that I wear on the Vrod, but it's not a flip front.  The flip is something I really like when riding the Ultra.  I'll take a look at mine to see if there's anything that could be done in the ear area.  What part of your ear is it pressing against?

You've just got too much gray matter between your ears, bro... :huepfenlol2:  Mine is shrinking daily...

Well, to get as anatomical as I can, if you look at someone's right ear, it's that piece of cartilage at about 8:00 or 8:30, just above my ear lobe. I guess Dumbo's ears stick out more than the Itallian model they made these helmets for. My gourd is longer and narrower than standard, so I guess the helmet rides a bit higher, making my ear ride lower in the pocket. I also have a sealing problem along the sides, but I get that in all helmets.

Chief

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »

Ok, what a sight I must be... I'm sitting here with the Nolan on as I type.
Observations from the weekend ride w/ the helmet: after wearing it for awhile it became comfortable. During the ride I tried to use the boom w/ the lid up. Although it worked, communication was poor. The boom needs to be right in front of your mouth. At first I didn't think I would like the shaded visor but got used to it even w/ sunglasses on. There are no pressure points on my head. The helmet fits well. One problem is when they cut the foam inside to install the speakers, they did not cut enough. The right earpiece touches the top of my ear just enough to be annoying but not something that can't be fixed. Another problem that I encountered was the plug not being seated right. I don't know if I plugged it in wrong or if there is a loose wire. I retest it tomorrow. I'm now trying to figure out the fog resistant system. I'm not sure exactly what or how this piece attaches to the face. I like the fact that the cord is longer than the HD one and not pulling at my head all the time. It makes it easier to see right to left.

Over all I am pleased with this purchase. My only concern it that they will come out with a Bluetooth version tomorrow that won't be compatible. Oh well. AJ   :orange:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »

Ok, what a sight I must be... I'm sitting here with the Nolan on as I type.
Observations from the weekend ride w/ the helmet: after wearing it for awhile it became comfortable. During the ride I tried to use the boom w/ the lid up. Although it worked, communication was poor. The boom needs to be right in front of your mouth. At first I didn't think I would like the shaded visor but got used to it even w/ sunglasses on. There are no pressure points on my head. The helmet fits well. One problem is when they cut the foam inside to install the speakers, they did not cut enough. The right earpiece touches the top of my ear just enough to be annoying but not something that can't be fixed. Another problem that I encountered was the plug not being seated right. I don't know if I plugged it in wrong or if there is a loose wire. I retest it tomorrow. I'm now trying to figure out the fog resistant system. I'm not sure exactly what or how this piece attaches to the face. I like the fact that the cord is longer than the HD one and not pulling at my head all the time. It makes it easier to see right to left.

Over all I am pleased with this purchase. My only concern it that they will come out with a Bluetooth version tomorrow that won't be compatible. Oh well. AJ   :orange:

Someone has to do it!!!
:worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:

<EDIT>What electronics package to you have in the helmet? J&M or Nolan?

Chief
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 08:29:03 PM by Chief »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2007, 10:54:34 PM »

Someone has to do it!!!
:worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:

<EDIT>What electronics package to you have in the helmet? J&M or Nolan?

Chief

I knew that was coming!

I went with the Nolan N-102 helmet and the J&M headset  Z-series (for 584 headset)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2007, 10:55:22 PM »

Shelby had to get in there.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2007, 10:58:31 PM »

Shelby had to get in there.
Shelby has the look as if to say "somebody get me out of here my owner has gone to wearing a motorcycle helmet indoors". :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2007, 11:26:36 AM »

Dremel Tool! :2vrolijk_21: If you don't have one, borrow or go buy one. It will take care of just about any problem you can imagine with helmets. Pressure points, speaker pockets, wire routes, etc. It will take just a minutes, just remember to use the Dremel on the helmet, not your head. (But I guess that would work too. ouch)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2007, 07:19:51 PM »

Well i am too lazy to read the whole thread if this was suggested before i am sorry.I went trough Nolan and Harley stealth falme.Nolan wasnt good for me my chin touched the helmet.I liked the ghost flame flip up but it didnt held well got broken too soon.Maybe my 6 years oldd daughter dropped it too many times while playing when i was away.I just bought a top of the line black Shoei man what a difference.Its dead quiet and very comfy.A plus plus  product.I can get the part number and all.Dealer said it was new for this year.It has antifog lens and another part at the back that blocks the wind and the noise.Flip up kind.Very nice get one if you need full face you waont be sorry guys and girls. :drink:
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2007, 07:29:12 PM »

Yeah i found it its called Multitech i got the whisper strip too that helmet rocks.heres the link:
http://www.shoei-europe.com/en/
Ridin Legend

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2007, 01:48:59 AM »

Hey!
Isn't it funny Bandanagirl started this thing and has not yet got a new Helmet, But i did just got the Nolan Icom102 just love it. need to get the intercom installed soon :nixweiss:

Don.........

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2007, 07:15:20 PM »

I don't recommend a full face Helment, but that's just me :2vrolijk_21:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2007, 09:53:36 AM »

Well, after looking, and trying on lots of helmets, I have finally found one that fits my oval head. Arai Profile

http://www.araiamericas.com/helmet_details.asp?model=PROFILE

It's not a flip-up, but I just couldn't find a flip up that fit me. I did find the Nolan X1002 and thought I was headed in that direction until reading a review on the site below that stated that it was one of the noisiest helmets they tested.

In my research, I came across a great site, with a TON of good helmet info. They have a lot of reviews, fitting instructions etc. This is where I learned that for someone with an oval, instead of earth shaped head, the Arai Profile would be the best fit. I tried one on yesterday, and it truly fits wonderfully. I've never put on a helmet that was contoured so perfectly.

The web site is Web Bike World. Here's a link: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

I called J&M, and they offer their headsets installed in the Profile, so one is on its way. I really wanted the flip up feature, but it just wasn't in the cards for me.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »

Well, after looking, and trying on lots of helmets, I have finally found one that fits my oval head. Arai Profile

http://www.araiamericas.com/helmet_details.asp?model=PROFILE

It's not a flip-up, but I just couldn't find a flip up that fit me. I did find the Nolan X1002 and thought I was headed in that direction until reading a review on the site below that stated that it was one of the noisiest helmets they tested.

In my research, I came across a great site, with a TON of good helmet info. They have a lot of reviews, fitting instructions etc. This is where I learned that for someone with an oval, instead of earth shaped head, the Arai Profile would be the best fit. I tried one on yesterday, and it truly fits wonderfully. I've never put on a helmet that was contoured so perfectly.

The web site is Web Bike World. Here's a link: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

I called J&M, and they offer their headsets installed in the Profile, so one is on its way. I really wanted the flip up feature, but it just wasn't in the cards for me.

Nice looking lid, Chief!  I've been visiting the webikeworld site for almost a year now...it is filled with great information and tests on many, many products. It's how I discovered the Glare products.  Glad you were able to find a helmet to fit!! :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2007, 10:51:47 AM »

Nice looking lid, Chief!  I've been visiting the webikeworld site for almost a year now...it is filled with great information and tests on many, many products. It's how I discovered the Glare products.  Glad you were able to find a helmet to fit!! :2vrolijk_21:

Me too. Hope I never "Need" it.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2007, 11:19:08 AM »

Here's a comment regarding my recent experience with J&M.

I got a VM msg to call J&M about my helmet / headset order, so I called them this AM and spoke to the sales rep.

The rep told me that while installing the headset, which requires drilling a small hole to pass the cord through the shell, they wound up nicking the gel coat of the helmet. He said it is a teeny little nick that is almost impossible to see, unless you are looking for it. They gave me an option of either accepting the helmet as is, with a free connection cord ($55 value), or they would pitch that one, and install the headset in a new helmet. If I chose the free cord route, I still have the option of having them do a new install on a different helmet if it gets here and I changed my mind.

How can you say anything bad about a company that treats you like that? I can't.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2007, 03:07:59 PM »

Here's a comment regarding my recent experience with J&M.

I got a VM msg to call J&M about my helmet / headset order, so I called them this AM and spoke to the sales rep.

The rep told me that while installing the headset, which requires drilling a small hole to pass the cord through the shell, they wound up nicking the gel coat of the helmet. He said it is a teeny little nick that is almost impossible to see, unless you are looking for it. They gave me an option of either accepting the helmet as is, with a free connection cord ($55 value), or they would pitch that one, and install the headset in a new helmet. If I chose the free cord route, I still have the option of having them do a new install on a different helmet if it gets here and I changed my mind.

How can you say anything bad about a company that treats you like that? I can't.

You can't

First time the helmet falls off the seat it's going to get dinged anyway, so a little nick just gets it broken in a bit quicker.. ;)  Getting the lower cord free is a good deal!

TTS Mastertune

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2007, 03:31:36 PM »

I received my helmet about 2 weeks before Daytona. During that time I speakers were intermittent a few times. I took it to them in Daytona, they tested it and found it happened to them once and immediately replaced the cord no questions!

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2007, 05:01:25 PM »

:bandana: :dankk2:

Thanks to all of you for  your advice .... Since I was the one who started this post I thought I might give you an update .  I have not gone to a fullface but I am using a 3/4 now . Im taking babysteps.  I guess thats a start .

S :cherry:oozie

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »

Stealth Flame Modular Helmet
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 21 queries.