Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND  (Read 18043 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »

Well, after looking, and trying on lots of helmets, I have finally found one that fits my oval head. Arai Profile

http://www.araiamericas.com/helmet_details.asp?model=PROFILE

It's not a flip-up, but I just couldn't find a flip up that fit me. I did find the Nolan X1002 and thought I was headed in that direction until reading a review on the site below that stated that it was one of the noisiest helmets they tested.

In my research, I came across a great site, with a TON of good helmet info. They have a lot of reviews, fitting instructions etc. This is where I learned that for someone with an oval, instead of earth shaped head, the Arai Profile would be the best fit. I tried one on yesterday, and it truly fits wonderfully. I've never put on a helmet that was contoured so perfectly.

The web site is Web Bike World. Here's a link: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

I called J&M, and they offer their headsets installed in the Profile, so one is on its way. I really wanted the flip up feature, but it just wasn't in the cards for me.

Nice looking lid, Chief!  I've been visiting the webikeworld site for almost a year now...it is filled with great information and tests on many, many products. It's how I discovered the Glare products.  Glad you were able to find a helmet to fit!! :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2007, 10:51:47 AM »

Nice looking lid, Chief!  I've been visiting the webikeworld site for almost a year now...it is filled with great information and tests on many, many products. It's how I discovered the Glare products.  Glad you were able to find a helmet to fit!! :2vrolijk_21:

Me too. Hope I never "Need" it.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2007, 11:19:08 AM »

Here's a comment regarding my recent experience with J&M.

I got a VM msg to call J&M about my helmet / headset order, so I called them this AM and spoke to the sales rep.

The rep told me that while installing the headset, which requires drilling a small hole to pass the cord through the shell, they wound up nicking the gel coat of the helmet. He said it is a teeny little nick that is almost impossible to see, unless you are looking for it. They gave me an option of either accepting the helmet as is, with a free connection cord ($55 value), or they would pitch that one, and install the headset in a new helmet. If I chose the free cord route, I still have the option of having them do a new install on a different helmet if it gets here and I changed my mind.

How can you say anything bad about a company that treats you like that? I can't.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2007, 03:07:59 PM »

Here's a comment regarding my recent experience with J&M.

I got a VM msg to call J&M about my helmet / headset order, so I called them this AM and spoke to the sales rep.

The rep told me that while installing the headset, which requires drilling a small hole to pass the cord through the shell, they wound up nicking the gel coat of the helmet. He said it is a teeny little nick that is almost impossible to see, unless you are looking for it. They gave me an option of either accepting the helmet as is, with a free connection cord ($55 value), or they would pitch that one, and install the headset in a new helmet. If I chose the free cord route, I still have the option of having them do a new install on a different helmet if it gets here and I changed my mind.

How can you say anything bad about a company that treats you like that? I can't.

You can't

First time the helmet falls off the seat it's going to get dinged anyway, so a little nick just gets it broken in a bit quicker.. ;)  Getting the lower cord free is a good deal!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2007, 03:31:36 PM »

I received my helmet about 2 weeks before Daytona. During that time I speakers were intermittent a few times. I took it to them in Daytona, they tested it and found it happened to them once and immediately replaced the cord no questions!

BANDANAGIRL

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • LIVE LAUGH RIDE

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG Cherry Sold
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Orange Sold, 2005 SEEG Teal Sold, 2005 SEEG Banana Sold
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2007, 05:01:25 PM »

:bandana: :dankk2:

Thanks to all of you for  your advice .... Since I was the one who started this post I thought I might give you an update .  I have not gone to a fullface but I am using a 3/4 now . Im taking babysteps.  I guess thats a start .

S :cherry:oozie

2006 Cripplecreek, Co.
                     2008 Sedona, Az.
                     2009 HoodRiver, Or.
                     2010   Pala, Ca.
                     2010 New River , Wv.
                     2011 Lake Tahoe, NV.
                     2012 Spokane, Wa.
                     2013 Santa Fe, NM.                      2014 Carmel & M.V.

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2007, 05:35:59 PM »

Stealth Flame Modular Helmet
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.