Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND  (Read 18159 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2007, 07:02:31 AM »

Chip, Sassy doesn't like to get her hair 'messed' up.  ;D
I figured for $600 I'd better try one for myself first. Her 1/2 HD lid will do for now.

AJ
Splain that 600 buckeroos to me please. (if that's ok)
The helmet is how much and the J&M stuff is how much?
The Frontier has the plug for intercom and helmet speakers so I'm thinking I might try that.
I have the plug for the GPS and a new lid would help hearing that also.
Also "more protection" is always better!

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 07:53:49 AM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2007, 11:19:14 AM »

Chip, Sassy doesn't like to get her hair 'messed' up.  ;D
I figured for $600 I'd better try one for myself first. Her 1/2 HD lid will do for now.

AJ...tell Sassy to talk to Suzanne about the hair thing....her hair actually gets LESS messed up with the full face than it did with the shorty...no matter what helmet you wear, you're still going to have "helmet hair"...just tell her to get a cute hat....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »

Chip...not trying to butt in here, but here's the link to J&M that shows the Nolan 102 and headsets...you would want the helmet/headset combo that is $529, plus the Z cord to adapt to your intercom plug (if it's the same as a regular HD intercom).  If you do this, and your GPS has an output 3.5mm, you can feed that into the aux in on the radio and should be able to hear the GPS through the headsets.

http://www.jmcorp.com/NolanHelmets.asp

TTS Mastertune

pcr02hd

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 08:34:28 PM »

For anybody that wants to save a couple of bucks the Nolan N102 N-com can be had for $220 shipped from imotorcyclestore overstock store on ebay just search Nolan N102 N-com on ebay.

For the J&M headsets and lower cord try wingstuff.com they are selling the J&M HSICD584NNC for $208.99 and the J&M HCZH lower cord for $41.99 with free shipping.

Here is a link for the headset

http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/244_Headset/3990_JM_HSICD584_NNC_Intergrated_Nolan_Headset/?goto=%2Fpgroup_list%2Felectronics%2F244_goldwing_Headset%2Fdes%2F

and a link for the lower cord

http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/244_Headset/3891_Z_Style_Required_Lower_Headset_Hook_Up_Cords/?goto=%2Fpgroup_list%2Felectronics%2F244_goldwing_Headset%2Fdes%2F

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2007, 01:00:03 AM »

WooYoo! It was like Christmas when I got home tonight!

Nolan helmet, harness for Bluetooth, EFI cover plate, & antenna.

I'm gonna have a busy weekend. Of couse I'll post pix!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2007, 10:39:11 AM »

Alright guys, I got this helmet and tried it on last night. It's an XL. The helmet fits my head but the faceshield seems too close to my mouth. There is no room between my mouth and the lower for the mike boom. Anyone else have this problem? Should I exchange it for a XXL? Will that give me more room or is the shape of my head just wrong for the Nolan? TIA, AJ

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2007, 10:45:47 AM »

Alright guys, I got this helmet and tried it on last night. It's an XL. The helmet fits my head but the faceshield seems too close to my mouth. There is no room between my mouth and the lower for the mike boom. Anyone else have this problem? Should I exchange it for a XXL? Will that give me more room or is the shape of my head just wrong for the Nolan? TIA, AJ

Better make sure your head didn't swell from all that cool stuff you're doing to the bike! ::) That's the problem with buying fitted items online. My Gerber gloves are a little tight, even though I followed their sizing chart. I've had them too long to return them and now I probably won't use them. It seems that every company's sizes vary. I'm not buying anything online again that needs to be fitted. It has to be tried on first! That's the Hoist Words of Wisdom for today! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »

AJ...I don't have any problems with mine, though it is a tight fit where the mike goes...I put the mike right up against my lips prior to closing the lid and there's about 1/4"-1/2" clearance in there when I get everything shut, so just push it forward with my lips after closing.  The things got to be fairly close to your lips to work.  Plenty of room You might run by a metric or beemer shop and try on the XXL to see if it's a better fit.  Not every helmet is made for every head/face shape.

TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2007, 12:50:51 PM »

Pinkie and I did some helmet shopping at the show yesterday. Arai, Shoei and Nolan. We didn't try on the Arai's because the J&M stuff only fits their 3/4. The Shoei Multitec had some pressure spots on her head right away, so no go there.

We then tried on the N-Com. She got one on, and it was the most comfortable one for her. I tried one, but just couldn't get it comfortable. My problem is the ears fitting into the wells. I get pressure on the cartilage at 8 o'clock. If I can feel it after 30 seconds, after several hours, I'll be in pain. I looked at the removable pads, but don't see any way to remove material to fit around my ears. Looks like this is not going to be as simple as I thought.

Now, as for the electronics...Wow! Right now, there isn't anyway to simply hook two Nolans up to the HD intercom and get the same functionality as the $175 Harley headset. Is J&M the solution?

Chief

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2007, 01:04:49 PM »

Pinkie and I did some helmet shopping at the show yesterday. Arai, Shoei and Nolan. We didn't try on the Arai's because the J&M stuff only fits their 3/4. The Shoei Multitec had some pressure spots on her head right away, so no go there.

We then tried on the N-Com. She got one on, and it was the most comfortable one for her. I tried one, but just couldn't get it comfortable. My problem is the ears fitting into the wells. I get pressure on the cartilage at 8 o'clock. If I can feel it after 30 seconds, after several hours, I'll be in pain. I looked at the removable pads, but don't see any way to remove material to fit around my ears. Looks like this is not going to be as simple as I thought.

Now, as for the electronics...Wow! Right now, there isn't anyway to simply hook two Nolans up to the HD intercom and get the same functionality as the $175 Harley headset. Is J&M the solution?

Chief

Chief...the J&M headsets work perfectly with the intercom on the bike, you just have to get their Z cord which adapts the pigtail on the helmet to the intercom plug-in.  It actually makes it much easier to get hooked up.  You get music, VOX, and CB with this.

TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2007, 01:40:01 PM »

Chief

Chief, ditto to what Terry said...we love our Nolan helmets, can communicate with each other and listen to tunes.   :2vrolijk_21:  I tried several helmets and the pressure spots on my head were horrible...none with the Nolan.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:50 PM »

Chief, ditto to what Terry said...we love our Nolan helmets, can communicate with each other and listen to tunes.   :2vrolijk_21:  I tried several helmets and the pressure spots on my head were horrible...none with the Nolan.

Thanks Diva. Pinkie liked the Nolan the best, but I've got to find a solution for the ears because that cartilage gets real sore after being pressed on for several hours.

I talked to J&M, and that looks like the system to get. I just have to get the helmet fitting situation addressed.

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »

Chief...the J&M headsets work perfectly with the intercom on the bike, you just have to get their Z cord which adapts the pigtail on the helmet to the intercom plug-in.  It actually makes it much easier to get hooked up.  You get music, VOX, and CB with this.

I guess I should have been clearer. What I meant to say is there isn't a simple way to hook up the Nolan electronics to the bike system. I was looking at the Nolan Basic set + Nolan ebox + connector cord, which would require plugging in the helmets at night for charging the ebox.

I understand the Nolan helmets with the J&M electrics is much simpler.

Chief

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2007, 02:06:41 PM »

Diva,
Don't mean to interrupt here, but is the toe on that boot getting longer?? :confused5:  You haven't been having to use that on Terry have you? :huepfenlol2:
Tony (One of the other TCs)

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »

I guess I should have been clearer. What I meant to say is there isn't a simple way to hook up the Nolan electronics to the bike system. I was looking at the Nolan Basic set + Nolan ebox + connector cord, which would require plugging in the helmets at night for charging the ebox.

I understand the Nolan helmets with the J&M electrics is much simpler.

Chief

Chief...I figured you were talking about something else, but wasn't sure.  I understand that J&M is coming out with some kind of bluetooth thing soon, but am uncertain as to what all it will do.  Ultimately, it would be nice to be wireless all the way, but that's probably a few months off.  Some offerings do part, but not all.

You tried the N102, right?  How about the N1002...it's made a bit differently, but is not as easy to flip up?  You're the second person I've heard about who's had a problem with the ear part of the Nolan.  Some of the top line HJC helmets are nice as well...I've got one of the Yikes AC12 full face that I wear on the Vrod, but it's not a flip front.  The flip is something I really like when riding the Ultra.  I'll take a look at mine to see if there's anything that could be done in the ear area.  What part of your ear is it pressing against?

You've just got too much gray matter between your ears, bro... :huepfenlol2:  Mine is shrinking daily...

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 22 queries.