Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND  (Read 18155 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: FULLFACE HELMETS ...WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »

Hi Chief,
I have a problem in finding a full face helmet that I could wear since my jaw line is very wide and It's hard enough to find a helmet to fit much less adding the audio equipment inside too. I spend a long time talking to J&M and they admitted that a guy like me would not be comfortable with any line they carried.
My solution was this one :
http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/ac2/ac2silver

It allows me to put the Harley speakers in pockets inside the leather curtain and the wires run in a hidden area behind your head. The headset clamps to the side of the helmet and the boom mike can be positioned in front of you anywhere you want.
If you want I think HJC has a 3/4 helmet that gives more protection and can be fitted for a sound system too it's the AC-3. I think it's on that website too so you can look at it.
I would love a full face helmet that could hold the audio equipment and my head too but they don't make them bigger, also from my research the flip face helmets seem shorter to the chin than a solid full face helmet but they offer great convenience if you can fit in one.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »

Diva,
Don't mean to interrupt here, but is the toe on that boot getting longer?? :confused5:  You haven't been having to use that on Terry have you? :huepfenlol2:
Tony (One of the other TCs)

Tony...Suzanne would never need a longer toe on her boot for moi....she knows I'm an  :angel: :vrolijk_19: :nervous:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »

Hi Chief,
I have a problem in finding a full face helmet that I could wear since my jaw line is very wide and It's hard enough to find a helmet to fit much less adding the audio equipment inside too. I spend a long time talking to J&M and they admitted that a guy like me would not be comfortable with any line they carried.
My solution was this one :
http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/ac2/ac2silver

It allows me to put the Harley speakers in pockets inside the leather curtain and the wires run in a hidden area behind your head. The headset clamps to the side of the helmet and the boom mike can be positioned in front of you anywhere you want.
If you want I think HJC has a 3/4 helmet that gives more protection and can be fitted for a sound system too it's the AC-3. I think it's on that website too so you can look at it.
I would love a full face helmet that could hold the audio equipment and my head too but they don't make them bigger, also from my research the flip face helmets seem shorter to the chin than a solid full face helmet but they offer great convenience if you can fit in one.

I'm already set up with a Harley 3/4 with the HD headset in it. I've used it for the past 6 years and it has served me well. I guess I'm getting old and looking to better protect what's left. That's why I'm looking at the full face. Plus, the passenger is always getting beat up by the wind, so it will make it more enjoyable for her as well.

I'll take a look at your reccomendation.

Chief

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »

Chief...I figured you were talking about something else, but wasn't sure.  I understand that J&M is coming out with some kind of bluetooth thing soon, but am uncertain as to what all it will do.  Ultimately, it would be nice to be wireless all the way, but that's probably a few months off.  Some offerings do part, but not all.

You tried the N102, right?  How about the N1002...it's made a bit differently, but is not as easy to flip up?  You're the second person I've heard about who's had a problem with the ear part of the Nolan.  Some of the top line HJC helmets are nice as well...I've got one of the Yikes AC12 full face that I wear on the Vrod, but it's not a flip front.  The flip is something I really like when riding the Ultra.  I'll take a look at mine to see if there's anything that could be done in the ear area.  What part of your ear is it pressing against?

You've just got too much gray matter between your ears, bro... :huepfenlol2:  Mine is shrinking daily...

Well, to get as anatomical as I can, if you look at someone's right ear, it's that piece of cartilage at about 8:00 or 8:30, just above my ear lobe. I guess Dumbo's ears stick out more than the Itallian model they made these helmets for. My gourd is longer and narrower than standard, so I guess the helmet rides a bit higher, making my ear ride lower in the pocket. I also have a sealing problem along the sides, but I get that in all helmets.

Chief

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »

Ok, what a sight I must be... I'm sitting here with the Nolan on as I type.
Observations from the weekend ride w/ the helmet: after wearing it for awhile it became comfortable. During the ride I tried to use the boom w/ the lid up. Although it worked, communication was poor. The boom needs to be right in front of your mouth. At first I didn't think I would like the shaded visor but got used to it even w/ sunglasses on. There are no pressure points on my head. The helmet fits well. One problem is when they cut the foam inside to install the speakers, they did not cut enough. The right earpiece touches the top of my ear just enough to be annoying but not something that can't be fixed. Another problem that I encountered was the plug not being seated right. I don't know if I plugged it in wrong or if there is a loose wire. I retest it tomorrow. I'm now trying to figure out the fog resistant system. I'm not sure exactly what or how this piece attaches to the face. I like the fact that the cord is longer than the HD one and not pulling at my head all the time. It makes it easier to see right to left.

Over all I am pleased with this purchase. My only concern it that they will come out with a Bluetooth version tomorrow that won't be compatible. Oh well. AJ   :orange:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »

Ok, what a sight I must be... I'm sitting here with the Nolan on as I type.
Observations from the weekend ride w/ the helmet: after wearing it for awhile it became comfortable. During the ride I tried to use the boom w/ the lid up. Although it worked, communication was poor. The boom needs to be right in front of your mouth. At first I didn't think I would like the shaded visor but got used to it even w/ sunglasses on. There are no pressure points on my head. The helmet fits well. One problem is when they cut the foam inside to install the speakers, they did not cut enough. The right earpiece touches the top of my ear just enough to be annoying but not something that can't be fixed. Another problem that I encountered was the plug not being seated right. I don't know if I plugged it in wrong or if there is a loose wire. I retest it tomorrow. I'm now trying to figure out the fog resistant system. I'm not sure exactly what or how this piece attaches to the face. I like the fact that the cord is longer than the HD one and not pulling at my head all the time. It makes it easier to see right to left.

Over all I am pleased with this purchase. My only concern it that they will come out with a Bluetooth version tomorrow that won't be compatible. Oh well. AJ   :orange:

Someone has to do it!!!
:worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:

<EDIT>What electronics package to you have in the helmet? J&M or Nolan?

Chief
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 08:29:03 PM by Chief »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2007, 10:54:34 PM »

Someone has to do it!!!
:worthless: :worthless: :worthless: :worthless:

<EDIT>What electronics package to you have in the helmet? J&M or Nolan?

Chief

I knew that was coming!

I went with the Nolan N-102 helmet and the J&M headset  Z-series (for 584 headset)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2007, 10:55:22 PM »

Shelby had to get in there.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2007, 10:58:31 PM »

Shelby had to get in there.
Shelby has the look as if to say "somebody get me out of here my owner has gone to wearing a motorcycle helmet indoors". :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2007, 11:26:36 AM »

Dremel Tool! :2vrolijk_21: If you don't have one, borrow or go buy one. It will take care of just about any problem you can imagine with helmets. Pressure points, speaker pockets, wire routes, etc. It will take just a minutes, just remember to use the Dremel on the helmet, not your head. (But I guess that would work too. ouch)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2007, 07:19:51 PM »

Well i am too lazy to read the whole thread if this was suggested before i am sorry.I went trough Nolan and Harley stealth falme.Nolan wasnt good for me my chin touched the helmet.I liked the ghost flame flip up but it didnt held well got broken too soon.Maybe my 6 years oldd daughter dropped it too many times while playing when i was away.I just bought a top of the line black Shoei man what a difference.Its dead quiet and very comfy.A plus plus  product.I can get the part number and all.Dealer said it was new for this year.It has antifog lens and another part at the back that blocks the wind and the noise.Flip up kind.Very nice get one if you need full face you waont be sorry guys and girls. :drink:
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2007, 07:29:12 PM »

Yeah i found it its called Multitech i got the whisper strip too that helmet rocks.heres the link:
http://www.shoei-europe.com/en/
Ridin Legend

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2007, 01:48:59 AM »

Hey!
Isn't it funny Bandanagirl started this thing and has not yet got a new Helmet, But i did just got the Nolan Icom102 just love it. need to get the intercom installed soon :nixweiss:

Don.........

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2007, 07:15:20 PM »

I don't recommend a full face Helment, but that's just me :2vrolijk_21:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2007, 09:53:36 AM »

Well, after looking, and trying on lots of helmets, I have finally found one that fits my oval head. Arai Profile

http://www.araiamericas.com/helmet_details.asp?model=PROFILE

It's not a flip-up, but I just couldn't find a flip up that fit me. I did find the Nolan X1002 and thought I was headed in that direction until reading a review on the site below that stated that it was one of the noisiest helmets they tested.

In my research, I came across a great site, with a TON of good helmet info. They have a lot of reviews, fitting instructions etc. This is where I learned that for someone with an oval, instead of earth shaped head, the Arai Profile would be the best fit. I tried one on yesterday, and it truly fits wonderfully. I've never put on a helmet that was contoured so perfectly.

The web site is Web Bike World. Here's a link: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

I called J&M, and they offer their headsets installed in the Profile, so one is on its way. I really wanted the flip up feature, but it just wasn't in the cards for me.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 22 queries.