Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Intresting artical re valve train noise  (Read 11709 times)

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Intresting artical re valve train noise
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2015, 09:00:19 AM »

No worries, as the interweb has built up enough scar tissue on my back and shoulders, that I am confident at this point, that I'm able to withstand a 150 gr. wadcutter, fired from a S&W .357 Combat Magnum, w/o flinching............. :)

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Intresting artical re valve train noise
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2015, 07:28:56 AM »

When I lived in Sacramento I traveled 120 miles one way to a shop/tech that never boasts about what he knows, or alludes that he knows things that nobody else knows.  In that 120 miles I would pass five dealerships and even more indy shops and a number of supposed good techs.

Now, living in Coronado, I travel nearly 500 miles one way and I pass many more dealerships and indy shops and many, many supposed good techs/shops.

A good shop with a really good tech. doesn't have to boast....the skill set and reputation speaks for itself and word of mouth is the best advertiser (certainly over self boasting wether it's real or imagined).  When you take your bike to a shop/tech and don't have to keep taking it back and the problem is resolved the first time.....speaks loudly.  I've experienced this first hand a number of times with the shop/tech that I use.

I don't expect all shops/techs to understand when I say that a little humility and humbleness also go a long way.....but some    do. 

I've been going to the same shop/tech for a number of years as has many other members of this forum and I'll be making that same journey again this week.  Oh.....that shop/tech that I and other members travel great distances to go to is Jim at Metal Dragon in Hayward, Ca.    No hoccus-poccus.....just the real deal.  :2vrolijk_21:

along with everything else,we do machine work for a lot of shops here in florida.the guys come in telling me how they have x amount years experience,worked at a HD dealer forever,ect,ect (but cant rebuild a trans or do a simple valve job).we don't advertise at all ans stay almost too busy with work from all over the country,do good work and your name will find people.if a tech or shop is constantly boasting,find another shop
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.