Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Seat question  (Read 21764 times)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
Seat question
« on: January 20, 2007, 04:45:30 PM »

I still ride with the stock seat on  my FLSTFSE2 and i am looking for a seat.I was hoping for a passenger backrest seat from MOCO for this year but they dont have one as of yet.I am considering deep bucket or tall boy.I am 6'2" so would i be comfy on a tallboy?I sure could use some stretch.Anyone ever used one?Looking for some advices.Thanks [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:46:33 PM by altugo »
Ridin Legend

Miked

• SEFTBY
Re: Seat question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »

I had a deep bucket, I'm 6'1" and and pushed me about a inch forward. I was able to return it and I ended up with an '07 seat, I cant remember if it is a badlander or what it is, it's a little cold here, havent sat on it in a bit.  If you go with an 07 moco seat you'll be fine, dont order an 06 seat, they dont fit.  I had to return a couple to figure that out.  I do have a detatchable back rest on mine though.  It works well.  You can see a picture of mine in the " nacelle finally completed" category, it a couple down from yours.  We have the same color scheme.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:12:02 AM »

Thanks miked if you can figure out the part number sometime please post. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 07:55:20 PM »

There have been many posts regarding a replacement seat since I lurked, then joined here.
Some great replacement options from different suppliers around the USA.
But, has anyone found a replacement seat that fits within the chrome saddle trim of the SEFBs.
Even Lepera seemed to be interested in the beginning, asking for a seat sample to work with as a mock up, then that seemed to fizzle out.
Or, is the only option still to have your original seat rebuilt??
Thanks!

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 02:16:19 AM »

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6%3DzqH%3AxxqUD7qRUrKxzX7BHpUUKxgXP0a%3F87KR6xqpxQQeJx0JoxeJ0xv8uOc5xQQQonP0PelJQaqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXP0a%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442

mine is a Mustang (front passenger is 15" wide).  But not sure if it will work with your height.  I am 5'7".

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 08:19:31 AM »

There have been many posts regarding a replacement seat since I lurked, then joined here.
Some great replacement options from different suppliers around the USA.
[highlight]But, has anyone found a replacement seat that fits within the chrome saddle trim of the SEFBs.
Even Lepera seemed to be interested in the beginning, asking for a seat sample to work with as a mock up, then that seemed to fizzle out.[/highlight]
Or, is the only option still to have your original seat rebuilt??
Thanks!

Hey noVee, I spent considerable time with LePera to do just that, but in the long run, Christine said they were not interested in working with the SEFB saddle because their research showed that their own saddle frame (or pan) is far superior to that of the HD manufacturered one. And they are right.

I worked with a couple of the local and much smaller manufactuters here in the Los Angeles Basin to get results that were still not up to the quality of the LePera two up seat I purchased. LePera seats are top notch, and you pay top dollar as well. My two up was over $800,00 and equal in dollar value.  

My upgraded HD Saddle was definitely worth sourcing out and patterns and design options are endless with the right vendor.

Upgrade your seat with the millenium foam and you won't regret it; ya keep what looks great and it's far easier on the rear end when you decide to go past the sports bar and claim 100's of miles in a day.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 08:54:34 PM »

I still ride with the stock seat on  my FLSTFSE2 and i am looking for a seat.I was hoping for a passenger backrest seat from MOCO for this year but they dont have one as of yet.I am considering deep bucket or tall boy.I am 6'2" so would i be comfy on a tallboy?I sure could use some stretch.Anyone ever used one?Looking for some advices.Thanks [smiley=drink.gif]

Altugo,
I bought a tallboy back in Oct 2005 & had it for a day before I returned it. I sat really high on it & it made my bike look like crap but I suppose it was comfy & the pillion was huge. (believe it or not most of the things I do to my bike are for looks)
Anyway I still don't mind the stock seat & the pillion (well I guess I just dont sit on the pillion!)
see attached pics

Cheers
Aussie

Tallboy right side
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:18:13 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 08:56:15 PM »

Tallboy rightside with short detachable back rest
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:56:40 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »

Tallboy l/s b/r
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 08:58:50 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »

left rear tallboy (can you see the clear plastic film from under the chrome pillion)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:02:42 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 09:09:12 PM »

This is still my best option for me & a passenger!
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »

Altugo,
I bought a tallboy back in Oct 2005 & had it for a day before I reurned it. [highlight]I sat really high on it & it made my bike look like crap[/highlight] but I suppose it was comfy & the pillion was huge. (believe it or not most of the things I do to my bike are for looks)
Anyway I still don't mind the stock seat & the pillion well I guess I just dont sit on it!
see attached pics

Cheers
Aussie

Tallboy right side

Aussie, I totally agree that seat looks like crap on your ausome bike, looks like you attached a sofa to the rear fender ;D, I'm with you I really don't have a problem with the stock seat like most are having
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 08:02:41 AM »

Hey Aussie your right.That seat makes the bike look like crap.I am glad you posted the picture.It sure isnt much help neither.How tall are you? [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 08:04:52 AM »

Tacoma im 6ft 2 do you have a better pic? [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 04:41:08 PM »

Hey Aussie your right.That seat makes the bike look like crap.I am glad you posted the picture.It sure isnt much help neither.How tall are you? [smiley=drink.gif]

Altugo,

I am 6'3 but I think I have long legs about 37inches

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.