Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Advice on selling FXR3  (Read 10065 times)

jackpinesavage

Advice on selling FXR3
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:42:46 PM »

like the title says ... wheres the best place to advertise.... don't want to deal with the wackjobs on craigslist ... wifes bike she never drove it has around 1500 miles  & original tires its green she bought it in Las Vegas NV...... anybody try ebay or that walnecks.. what kind of luck did you have....thanks in advance

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Advice on selling FXR3
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 03:19:37 PM »

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 03:33:56 PM »

Hey Jackpine, the only posts you have here on the site are related to this current thread and the one referenced by 110 which all involves a green FXR3.  The thread he referenced shows you sold the bike you listed then in April 2010.  Did you buy it back with the same 1,500 miles on it to sell again or did you have two as asked?

I'm not calling out anyone here but all of this sounds very fishy and similar to the first 2009 thread.  Let's not have three more pages of you discussing wanting to part it out or not ever giving a price to potential purchasers here.  If the 2009 thread is correct, sorry for the loss of your wife's two girlfriends and then her cousins husband.  Also sorry for the loss of her father and mother very close together.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 03:37:38 PM by Haird »

jackpinesavage

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 08:16:45 PM »

Yes she sold the bike to a private collector he passed away late last year and his children contacted us about buying the bike back so we did.. He never even registered the bike he put 18 miles on it.. he rode it one time his son told us..he kept the bike in a climate controlled area and used it for a show piece in his shop...His daughter had to put it in her name to legally settle his estate so when we bought it back it had an Alaska title in his daughters name ( that's where his daughter lived)...we have all the documents from the day it was bought period....no games sorry to burst anyone's bubble who thinks we are playing a game here. ..The bike is pretty much perfect should be in a collection....

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »

No worries.  Maybe should've said all that in your opening post.  It's pretty easy to do a quick fact check on a guy with so few posts and things didn't add up on the surface.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer for you because I have the same question whenever I go to sell something.  I've had good luck on eBay in the past, but there are plenty of whack jobs on there, too, just like craigslist.

Where are you located if you don't mind saying?

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 10:31:28 PM »

How much do you want for it?
Current pics would be nice to.
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

jackpinesavage

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 06:38:33 AM »

we are located in michigan ... ill try and get a current picture uploaded I took some the day she bought the bike back....I'm thinking she just got caught up in the moment when she bought it back.... in my opinion the bike is as close to a 10 as you'll find ..... we really thought about keeping the bike because we have a home in Phoenix Arizona but the traffic out there is absolutly horrible ... I would rather have a nice wrangler or vette out there.....she has decided to put it up for sale first of april we are taking it to our local HD dealer as soon as the weather breaks and going to have a complete factory service done and have it 110% for the new owner.... she will start at 9500       
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 01:27:57 PM by jackpinesavage »

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 08:27:29 AM »

Reviving an old thread concerning this FXR3.  Jackpine, you mentioned in the last post for this topic that you were considering putting it up for sale the first of April.  Are you still considering this and are you still at the $9,500 starting price point mentioned in January?

jackpinesavage

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 12:32:40 PM »

Yes still putting up for sale..it's going to the H.D. dealer next week getting all fluids changed and a complete service... the service manager said that there was a recall that has never been done also...anyone interested can private message me and I'll send you my number. ..

Haird I see your from east Tennessee heading there tonight..a lot of family in Sevierville ,pigeon forge area...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:36:07 PM by jackpinesavage »

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »

Yes still putting up for sale..it's going to the H.D. dealer next week getting all fluids changed and a complete service... the service manager said that there was a recall that has never been done also...anyone interested can private message me and I'll send you my number. ..

Haird I see your from east Tennessee heading there tonight..a lot of family in Sevierville ,pigeon forge area...

A good area of the state to live....Sevier county is the #1 county in TN for lowest property taxes.
Enjoy your visit and safe travels.....

jackpinesavage

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 12:31:43 PM »

here are a couple pics

jackpinesavage

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 12:36:36 PM »

couple more pics... we have all the manuals service Manuals all the original paper work from dealer factory seat and factory HD cover

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 04:49:33 PM »

chit.  Beautiful.  The Trans Am looks like it is standing tall, too.  :2vrolijk_21:

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 11:03:27 PM »

What's your Asking Price?

jackpinesavage

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 07:17:34 AM »

The price is posted above also....  9500
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.