Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: 2012 CVO 110 with 10.5 pistons se 58 GMR 577 dd fat cat dyno results  (Read 13628 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Mike H bike it had 585 cams in it and was very soft down low. Cam swap to the GMR 577 and a SE 58 t/b stock heads dd fat cat

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"

Wow. Just Pistons cam and throttle body
Will

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Yes sir, the heads are 100% stock so you get what you get.. I was a bit in awe of the tq and some what unsure on the HP .. But I have seen some very bad casting with the 110. One in fact that had approx 30% of the port blocked by core shift..  But as far as having fun with the the power curve that will get the job done all day long. If he decided to port the heads its a simple deal and then he will broaden the curve and the hp will jump into the 120 + range

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 White Amethyst CVO Street Glide

That's a great touring setup!
Matt - Syracuse, NY

2016 White Amethyst FLHXSE.
117 SE drop-in kit.
Jackpot 2:1:2, V&H 450 Titans.

2018 Arctic White Corvette Grand Sport

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout

Great numbers!
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)

Love the low end, going to have to keep this in consideration for the future.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE

Steve,

Looks Killer!

Can I get those Pistons yet for the 117"?

YB

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6

Steve,

Looks Killer!

Can I get those Pistons yet for the 117"?

YB

Hopefully Steve's in the dyno booth tuning my bike right now  ::) so I'll answer you in the meantime. He definitely has domed pistons for the 117's.

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE

Congrats on your second GMR bike upgrade!

Thanks Joe, when I last spoke to Steve, he only had 5 sets of Pistons or so. All spoken for then.

I'm sure it will turn out awesome.

Yb

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6

Thanks.

I'm sure he'll be ordering more. The 117 craze is just getting started.

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3

The 117 craze is just getting started....     YES IT IS!!!!!!

BostonBoy

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"

I love browsing dyno sheets on the internet. It's just fun. I gotta say the ones you post consistently hit 100TQ sooner than 99.9% of all the other builds I see. This bike may even have measurable torque when it's not even running  ;D
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Mike H bike it had 585 cams in it and was very soft down low. Cam swap to the GMR 577 and a SE 58 t/b stock heads dd fat cat
did it have the 10,5 piston in it using the 585 cams.?
you setup looks to be real nice everywhere!

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
2012 CVO 110 with 10.5 pistons se 58 GMR 577 dd fat cat dyno results
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 03:17:37 PM »

Is original graph a SE piston or one of your own?

117 is what compression?

Run with this cam with 10.5 has to be better than 10:1 for the 43 intake close. Like that number a lot. Think 45 and up is late for touring all day bike.
Really liked woods 400g and 408 years ago but wouldn't do that much lift again, older and wiser lets just say...

And throttle body question... What size is stock to what?  Make much difference or under 5 on numbers? 

Really is impressive graph for what is needed. Especially is light headwork takes it above 120hp. Impressed with 1hp/1ci on any cam swap with over 100ft lbs the entire usable range.

Got a buddy asking about cams and both our bikes will be coming apart after warranty expires this fall (or before sturgis on mine and screw the warranty).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:25:04 PM by bakon »
Will

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)

Steve, Question for a builder.  For mild builds like the original post, do you prefer to do higher compression pistons in stock 110 cylinders, one of your 113 kits or the newer 117 kits.  Which is the least work and easiest to tune?  I would think there is more potential in the higher inch builds but just wondering about builds that are mostly cam, piston, TB and tune.  How does build cost compare, biggest difference in cylinder cost?  This is assuming you do not have to get into the lower end and clutch.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:27:16 AM by TNCarters »
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Well having done many of the 10.5 110 builds vs the 10.5 113 builds we also see more power with the 113. Now that is can be for many reason. The biggest I feel is that we DO NOT ball hone a cylinder or worse just drop a new piston kit into a run cylinder.. Ring seal is power . As well you un-shroud the valves with a larger bore . Example a 600 cam with 58 t/b 110 with 10.5 piston makes 118 ish hp the 113 will make over 120 all with stock heads. Tq curve on the 113 comes in faster on avg.. I do not feel one is more wrong than right.. Both work well and if the cylinder is round and straight it will work.. Some 110 cylinders will never be round and straight even if you do bore them.. I have seen a few myself as well other builders. That have sprung or distorted if you will. That is just a production cylinder that has a flaw for what ever reason. It can happen.. not all cylinders are great.. The 110 though is a good bet to use as a platform to make power.

I would like to build a 117 stock heads with our 577 , then add a 58 . It would be a tq build without a doubt. But if you can obtain a massive curve and it makes say 115 ish great. Simple deal for most . I think you can get 113-116 hp with stock t/b . I have a cam that is done on and ready to be cut that would be great for a 10.1 comp ratio 117 build .  More lift than the 577 different ex lob and a touch more duration. It worked great in a 117 that we did with S&S kit with stock heads on a CVO. But that cam is not for sale so posting dyno sheets is a mute point.

In the end its a air pump and you need to feed it. The Stock 50 MM FBW is a restriction on stock heads.  I am sure that we will find a killer kit that is easy for the end user. That will make great power on both sides for the money spent.

At this point we are in a holding pattern for two new cams.. the 17 engines are going to create some new questions and should be interesting to see how the public reacts . So until I can get my hands on a 17 no new cams are going to be put into production.

BigRichRam02

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

this sounds like a stupid fun way to go with my dyna fat bob just gotta get my clutch replaced.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 12:14:34 PM »

Well having done many of the 10.5 110 builds vs the 10.5 113 builds we also see more power with the 113. Now that is can be for many reason. The biggest I feel is that we DO NOT ball hone a cylinder or worse just drop a new piston kit into a run cylinder.. Ring seal is power . As well you un-shroud the valves with a larger bore . Example a 600 cam with 58 t/b 110 with 10.5 piston makes 118 ish hp the 113 will make over 120 all with stock heads. Tq curve on the 113 comes in faster on avg.. I do not feel one is more wrong than right.. Both work well and if the cylinder is round and straight it will work.. Some 110 cylinders will never be round and straight even if you do bore them.. I have seen a few myself as well other builders. That have sprung or distorted if you will. That is just a production cylinder that has a flaw for what ever reason. It can happen.. not all cylinders are great.. The 110 though is a good bet to use as a platform to make power.

I would like to build a 117 stock heads with our 577 , then add a 58 . It would be a tq build without a doubt. But if you can obtain a massive curve and it makes say 115 ish great. Simple deal for most . I think you can get 113-116 hp with stock t/b . I have a cam that is done on and ready to be cut that would be great for a 10.1 comp ratio 117 build .  More lift than the 577 different ex lob and a touch more duration. It worked great in a 117 that we did with S&S kit with stock heads on a CVO. But that cam is not for sale so posting dyno sheets is a mute point.

In the end its a air pump and you need to feed it. The Stock 50 MM FBW is a restriction on stock heads.  I am sure that we will find a killer kit that is easy for the end user. That will make great power on both sides for the money spent.

At this point we are in a holding pattern for two new cams.. the 17 engines are going to create some new questions and should be interesting to see how the public reacts . So until I can get my hands on a 17 no new cams are going to be put into production.

So Steve are you saying things like these pictures can result from the boring when going from 110 to 113.  ???

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: 2012 CVO 110 with 10.5 pistons se 58 GMR 577 dd fat cat dyno results
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »

So Steve are you saying things like these pictures can result from the boring when going from 110 to 113.  ???

:2vrolijk_21:

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 11:37:36 PM »

OUCH! How many miles? ?
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

Not that many only 4K miles
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

[quote

You think? Lol..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:30:35 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

[quote

You think? Lol..
Seems there will be more of the other year of bikes to use a certain pattern than what the 17 may have? 

Kingspoke

• 2012 CVO Ultra FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust
  • Senior CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUSE - Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver
    • CA

• CVO1: 12 FLHTCUSE7 Wicked Sapphire/Stardust Silver

Do you expect a dramatic design change in the '17 engines over the current twin cams?
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles

Do you expect a dramatic design change in the '17 engines over the current twin cams?

There is a huge change coming in '17.  107", 4 valves per head, oil cooled, possibly 4 cam, all motors are balanced
110" - T-man HiComp pistons - RoederRacing Heads - GMR 577 cams - HPI 55 - FatCat - AIM clutch - Vision

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

There is a huge change coming in '17.  107", 4 valves per head, oil cooled, possibly 4 cam, all motors are balanced

The men in the black suits are going to have a chat with you. Lol  :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:20:35 AM by Fullsac Performance »

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344

The elves up north, (Tomahawk) told me one came out of the woods last week, and stopped by for new colorful outfit. They said it sure is going to get people talking.
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles

The men in the black suits are going to have a chat with you. Lol  :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

I'm not under any confidentiality agreement.
110" - T-man HiComp pistons - RoederRacing Heads - GMR 577 cams - HPI 55 - FatCat - AIM clutch - Vision

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

The Twin Cam has been around since 1999, with multiple iterations, so it seems highly probable that major changes could occur for 2017.  Not to mention the recent increases in CC's kits and the 110's available in the softail, etc.

I'm gonna agree that major changes are going to happen in the 2017 motors. 
Dragula 2-1, TTS Mastertune, SE 585+4, S&S prem. lifters & adj pushrods, 106hp/117tq, Chubby 577's, Ohlins HD159 & FKC-101 fork cartridge, LSR stealth 10" dark tint, Billet Boy LED tail lite, Kury LED turn signals, Air Wing tour rack LED, HD Siren II w/pager, CD LED front signals, OPT7 LED driving & headlight, Kicker KSC674 tourpack speakers.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue

The Twin Cam has been around since 1999, with multiple iterations, so it seems highly probable that major changes could occur for 2017.  Not to mention the recent increases in CC's kits and the 110's available in the softail, etc.

I'm gonna agree that major changes are going to happen in the 2017 motors.
And if the '07 110 is any type of benchmark,  the new one might be in good shape by about 2019. Lol
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU

So they're going to ditch water-cooling and go back to the original system?   :nixweiss:

They're going to use the "B" engine in Touring bikes and dump the rubber mounts?   :nixweiss:

You pulling my leg?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles

http://www.bikernewsonline.com/2015/07/fresh-rumors-surface-of-forthcoming.html

Maybe a touring version on the Vrod. 8)

It's completely different than the Vrod, it still has a separate transmission and primary.  Some kind of internal crank balance, 107" with 4 valves per head and oil cooled. The "milwaulkee 8"

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B

It's completely different than the Vrod, it still has a separate transmission and primary.  Some kind of internal crank balance, 107" with 4 valves per head and oil cooled. The "milwaulkee 8"

Who wants to be a Beta tester? :huepfenlol2:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold

I thought we all were.......... already  :nixweiss: :nervous: :drummer:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

The reference of "vrod" type was more in regard to the new design (as the revolution motor was) utilizing the 4 valves per cylinder, and a major departure from the vtwin motors of current popularity.

Any more information that you might have, I'm all ears!

harleytuner

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
    • VA

• Wide Open Cycles

The reference of "vrod" type was more in regard to the new design (as the revolution motor was) utilizing the 4 valves per cylinder, and a major departure from the vtwin motors of current popularity.

Any more information that you might have, I'm all ears!

This is pure speculation, but there is a major change in the cam chest area, from the pictures I have the cover is a completely different shape.  Looks more rounded like a frying pan.  It's hard to tell by the pic, but the pushrods appear that they could be straighter which would lead me to believe a possible 4 cam build, or even a 3 cam (independent exhaust and shared intake cams). 

I can say for certain that there is a re-designed horn cover lol

Kingspoke

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

This is pure speculation, but there is a major change in the cam chest area, from the pictures I have the cover is a completely different shape.  Looks more rounded like a frying pan.  It's hard to tell by the pic, but the pushrods appear that they could be straighter which would lead me to believe a possible 4 cam build, or even a 3 cam (independent exhaust and shared intake cams). 

I can say for certain that there is a re-designed horn cover lol

That is the ice breaker for me, I'm all in, now! ;D :D

I've noticed how BMW is developing a bagger version (101 concept) and Harley is now going to a possibly 4 valve, 4 cyclinder bagger, as if there is a convergence or industry change of what a future bagger will look like and perform like.  Each trying to entice bikers  from either camp.

Based on Vrod sales, I'm certain Harley is sweating bullets over how this new bike will be received (here).

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"

My dance card is full.. I'll pass if this come to light.

JW

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG

Not me, but I will gladly read all about right here. ;D

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »

Harry not sure what happened to those cylinders. Had the bike been tuned????? What pistons????? What cams????? AND HOW MANY MILES?????? I hope that is not one of your bikes!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »

Mike,

The heads were pretty black with carbon, cylinders were honed to go to 113 and stock crank was replaced at time of build.  If it is a heat issue then I would say tune, but there seems to be multiple concerns that need to be addressed.   I believe the owner will either redo it as a 113 or redo it as a 117.   Personally I would like to cut the cylinders in half where the marks are to see if there is any material behind the liners, but that is just my inquisitive side.

Glad it's not mine I would be pretty frustrated at just 3500-4K miles.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:03:52 PM by Unbalanced »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member

Do we have any other info on this build, TB size, head work done and what flywheels were used. I see it had GMR 577 cams and a FAT KAT exhaust. Who built and who tuned the motor. I'm surprised at 4K to have a failure like this.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

Mike I believe it had a VH power cell  2-1-2 with crushers. 58 mm throttle body.    I heard the owner has contacted the vendor and is seeing what can be done or where he goes from here.   

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member

Well lets hope he gets it straightened out soon!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 21 queries.