Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Boom Twin Cooled Fairing lower speakers MY14 and up  (Read 23290 times)

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Boom Twin Cooled Fairing lower speakers MY14 and up
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2016, 07:28:32 PM »

waiting and hoping the RGU will not need the amp/wire kit...any news thnx
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Enigmatic

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 07:47:48 PM »

waiting and hoping the RGU will not need the amp/wire kit...any news thnx
Unless you already have an amp with 2 free channels, you're probably gonna need it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »

Well I just received everything for my Boom Audio lower fairing speaker install on my FLHXSE. With an additional aftermarket one year warranty on every component came to a  total of $936.00. I am doing it myself so I have no labor charge except for the dealer to enable the six speaker system. I just need to find some time on the weekend to do it before opening day of archery season.

Is this using the new clip-in speakers or the complete lower speaker kit with the smooth enclosures? Do you have the part #'s available for what you recieved?
Thanks

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2016, 10:52:21 AM »

Pooj10 -    Wondering if you ever completed the install and what, if any, snags did you encounter?  Did you have the system flashed as the Amp states is required?    Did the flash add anything to the infotainment display or was it just to activate the amp? Also was it worth it?  And do you have any pics??      :)

Thanks!

pooj10

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Street Glide (Stage IV)
    • CVO3: BMW K1600B
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 10:17:30 PM »

Yes, I did complete the install and had it flashed today. It was a bit of a challenge! I found some errors as I installed. First on my 2015 CVO Street Glide, I needed to order the WIRE HARNESS,AMP INPUT - 69201477 with lower fairing speakers for a 2015 FLHXSE just like the tour pack speakers as there is nowhere to plug the Secondary amplifier input [296] at the 20 pin connector for lighting and audio. There was not enough slack for the saddle bag speaker harness to reach the bottom connector when it was relocated per the template. I had to swap locations with the amp output for the lower fairing speakers. The main amp connector is located in the original speaker connector location for the saddle bag speaker. When cutting this hole in the saddle bag it leaves part of the mounting holes on both sides of the connector. I cut this very close and file fit the connector, but it does not look very professional. It really needs a trim ring around the connector on the outside of the saddle bag. Just finding room to route all the wiring and keep it clean is a real challenge!!  The harness has multiple speaker connections, so I clipped the extras off and capped  the wires so I did not have to zip tie a bunch of extra wire and try to hide it. I did not photo the install. As to whether it was worth it or not, my wife and I took a ride tonight and she said it seems more clear and significantly louder. At the end of the day the 1K was worth it to me to keep everything oem and working together.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 12:50:08 AM »

I am instaling Focals in the lowers using the HD stock "stuff" to install and swapping the speakers. Unfortunately the kit comes with the Boom speakers which i will sell with all the other Boom speakers and amps after swapping. I will post up pics when complete.
Alan

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 06:22:45 AM »

Yes, I did complete the install and had it flashed today. It was a bit of a challenge! I found some errors as I installed....

Thanks for the Update and the great tips!    Last week I ordered all of the stuff to upgrade my 2016 CVO Street Glide -   Everything is in except for the speakers themselves.   The instructions recommended the flash before the install, stating that immediate damage will occur to the speakers if you try to operate the system before the flash??   I think I will have the dealer flash it when I pick everything up.   I will let you know how things go!

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2016, 08:50:24 AM »

Yes, I did complete the install and had it flashed today. It was a bit of a challenge! I found some errors as I installed. First on my 2015 CVO Street Glide, I needed to order the WIRE HARNESS,AMP INPUT - 69201477 with lower fairing speakers for a 2015 FLHXSE just like the tour pack speakers as there is nowhere to plug the Secondary amplifier input [296] at the 20 pin connector for lighting and audio. There was not enough slack for the saddle bag speaker harness to reach the bottom connector when it was relocated per the template. I had to swap locations with the amp output for the lower fairing speakers. The main amp connector is located in the original speaker connector location for the saddle bag speaker. When cutting this hole in the saddle bag it leaves part of the mounting holes on both sides of the connector. I cut this very close and file fit the connector, but it does not look very professional. It really needs a trim ring around the connector on the outside of the saddle bag. Just finding room to route all the wiring and keep it clean is a real challenge!!  The harness has multiple speaker connections, so I clipped the extras off and capped  the wires so I did not have to zip tie a bunch of extra wire and try to hide it. I did not photo the install. As to whether it was worth it or not, my wife and I took a ride tonight and she said it seems more clear and significantly louder. At the end of the day the 1K was worth it to me to keep everything oem and working together.

Can you post some detailed photos?

:worthless:
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo
and 20 others I can't remember....

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 03:23:03 PM »

any body done their install on a RGU yet
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2016, 10:44:55 AM »

Can you post some detailed photos?

:worthless:

Completed the install on my 2016 CVO Street Glide.   First of all,  BIG THANKS to POOJ10 for the Jumper Harness part number!   My dealer did not have this part in stock and could tell me nothing about it!   It is not noted in the instructions nor on Harley's website.  I could find no pictures of it on Google.   I found a dealer on the locator that had it and sent him pictures of what I was up against and he compared the pics to the harness to confirm that is what I needed.     Cost me another 77.00 bucks and shipping so make sure you budget for that!

Next -   I could not have the system flashed prior to the install because the Radio needed to be flashed first and then each of the 3 amps had to be flashed.    They must be installed in order to do this.  I completed the install and just left the Amp in the RH saddlebag disconnected for the trip to the dealer.   

I was able to watch the tech at the dealership while the flashing was performed.    When you hook up the Digital Technician to the Data Link, it automatically recognizes your model, year and VIN and gives them a menu to pick for the different configurations.    The tech had to change the drop down to "3 amps" before he could see the option to re-flash for "Fairing, Saddlebag & Lower Fairing speakers."    Once he flashed the radio, it set communication error codes for the 3 amps.   He then went through the process for re-flashing each of the 3 amps (Took about 2 and a half minutes for each amp!)   

After everything was flashed the system works beautifully!   The Fader function on the infotainment system has changed to a diagram of the bike that you can touch to move the sound around.

The system now sounds amazing!    Very Loud,  Very Clear and Very Powerful!   You can feel the "Thump!"  Plus the new speakers look Bad Ass!

I took some pics of the main things to know -   The rest you can pretty much figure out from the istructions

The part numbers I used are: 
Boom! Audio Stage II Fairing Lower Speaker Installation Kit

Boom! Audio Amplifier
76000277A

Boom! Audio Stage I/II Fairing Lower Speaker Kit

Boom! Audio Stage I/II Fairing Lower Speaker Installation Kit

20 Pin Jumper Harness for Amp Input

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »

pic2

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2016, 10:46:40 AM »

Pic 3

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »

Next Pic

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2016, 10:47:57 AM »

Next Pic

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2016, 10:48:59 AM »

Next
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.