Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Great Time Of Year To Ride In Florida  (Read 14572 times)

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Great Time Of Year To Ride In Florida
« on: October 13, 2016, 09:02:14 PM »

Entering my favorite time of year to ride in Florida!  The mega-heat and humidity have broken you don't have to feel like your under a broiler.  Got into Daytona Beach for Biketoberfest and the hurricane thankfully was a near miss.  Lots a people riding and tons to see!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Great Time Of Year To Ride In Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 09:23:36 PM »

Fall riding is the best, even a few miles north!  I took Monday off and headed out (after sleeping in  :P).  It was one of those days that rarely happens when everything is perfect (great temps, hardly any traffic, bike running seemingly better than usual).  This is the greatest time of year! :2vrolijk_21:

ds33gt

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Skunk (sold)
    • CVO2: 2006 VRSCSE2 Pearl Yellow
    • CVO3: 2024 Sharkskin FLTRX
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 11:15:03 PM »

Weather is looking great for this weekend in Daytona!  Sunny and 82.  Can't beat that!

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »

Really looking like weather ahead for Thunder Beach in Panama City too.  Looking forward to riding 98 along the beach and seeing the vendors at the rally.  Always some good ones at H-D of Panama City Beach.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 09:52:24 AM »

Made the ride from Panama City to Naples for the Holiday, around the big bend and avoiding the freeway the whole way.  Most was beautiful, but the traffic and lights on 41 got old.  Never missed I-75 though!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 09:58:25 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving.  Try Hwy. 17 to Hwy. 98 on the way back.  Except for Lakeland area should be less traffic, good roads.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 11:21:40 PM »

Thanks.  It was a very nice ride!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 12:16:23 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 07:26:37 PM »

So, I'll be off to Orlando from Panama City for Christmas to spend it with my boy, his girlfriend and my 5yr old Granddaughter.  Gonna be loaded down with gifts, may drive.  Where's everyone going for Christmas/The Holidays?

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 09:45:04 AM »

CAUTION!    Lee County Sheriffs are not Bike friendly! -   Every year we have gone to Ft Myers Beach with our Bike to see my Wife's Parents.   This year,  while sitting un-moving in beach traffic, a Lee County Sheriff cited me for No Insurance (BS I have insurance but in FL your Card must indicate the dollar amounts of Injury Coverage you carry and my card did not list this)   Displaying lights reserved for Law Enforcement (I had blue LEDs that are hidden under my Fuel Tank and shine down on the chrome) and No Eye Protection (We were stopped in Traffic and my goggles were fogging up so I flipped them up on my head while we were motionless - Sheriff said they must be over eyes at all times, moving or not)    I believe we were targeted because of the Ohio License Plates.   Treated us like Drunk and Crazy Springbreakers and not like a 50 year old, sober guy on a $30,000.00 Harley (it was my previous bike :)    I do not plan to go back there spending any money and stimulating their economy!    Myrtle Beach here we come....

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 10:02:48 AM »

The citing for no insurance is a little odd,,, Florida does not require any insurance on a motorcycle. He must have had a hard on for the blue LEDs?? As far as targeting your Ohio plates, usually they will give tourists a break when they will not give a break to the in state plates...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 03:21:13 PM »

The blue LEDs do get the attention of a lot of officers here.  Ft. Meyers area can be very heavy on traffic.

Quit going to Myrtle Beach years ago when the city made it clear that bikers were not welcome there.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 01:07:16 PM »

Myrtle is growing well. Most events are north or south of city proper but even there is biker friendly.  Really always was.  Just a bad mayor and council. They lost so much tourism they have to advertise now. Learned a lesson on power of groups on that stupid move which was found unconstitutional anyways
Will

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 08:53:02 PM »

Had to be the blue lights and no eye protection. As Iski said Florida has no requirement for insurance on motorcycles. May have been having a bad day certainly not what I have seen or encountered here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:42:18 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »

Recently heard another rider says he got pulled over for blue leds.  First I'd heard of it at the time.  Seems like they've come up with another way to make $ via tickets.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 11:13:10 PM »

In Florida if you ride with no helmet you must carry a certain amount of medical insurance ($10,000) and you must be 21 to do so.

http://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/insurance/motorcycle-insurance-minimum-requirements.php

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 07:40:51 AM »

In Florida if you ride with no helmet you must carry a certain amount of medical insurance ($10,000) and you must be 21 to do so.

http://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/insurance/motorcycle-insurance-minimum-requirements.php

That's exactly what we ran into.   

Your proof of insurance card must show the dollar amount of the medical coverage.   Our Insurance cards from Ohio did not have the stated dollar amounts.     We had to wait until the tickets posted in their system (took several days) and then take a copy of our insurance policy declaration page showing the dollar amounts of medical coverage to the clerk of courts and pay 10.00 bucks to get the Insurance part thrown out.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 06:58:05 PM »

Caged it to Orlando from Panama City, loaded with presents.  One thing I can say that's great about getting older is having grandkids.  They melt my heart!  Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »

Hey florida peoples. 😀 will be making my way down from PA in early march to Bradenton for spring training baseball. I have a free day with no games for riding. Wanted to ride down and check out alligator alley. Is that a doable ride for a day trip? Is there something better  we should check out from that area? Every year the traffic is horrible in the Bradenton / Sarasota area. Looks doable on a map but not familiar with travel times down there much.
Thanks in advance

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 10:45:28 AM »

It is doable, could be a long day - probably 7-8 hours road time plus time for stops depending on your turnaround point from the east on I-75.  It's a tool road, think the toll is $2.50 or $2.

Another alternative - if you want to see "older less traveled Florida" is to take Hwy. 951 south off I-75 to Hwy. 41 east & go to Everglades City. Can continue east on 41 past that, road is non interstate, much less traffic than I-75.  Travel time is about the same.

I-75 south of Bradenton can be very busy all the way to Naples.  There are some inland north/south non interstate routes but would add too much time to make trip as doable.

Anybody from the south Florida area can give you more details on stuff to do.  Have not been in that area for a few years, the Hwy. 41 route is more scenic but the road surface may not be the best for a bike.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »

It is doable, could be a long day - probably 7-8 hours road time plus time for stops depending on your turnaround point from the east on I-75.  It's a tool road, think the toll is $2.50 or $2.

Another alternative - if you want to see "older less traveled Florida" is to take Hwy. 951 south off I-75 to Hwy. 41 east & go to Everglades City. Can continue east on 41 past that, road is non interstate, much less traffic than I-75.  Travel time is about the same.

I-75 south of Bradenton can be very busy all the way to Naples.  There are some inland north/south non interstate routes but would add too much time to make trip as doable.

Anybody from the south Florida area can give you more details on stuff to do.  Have not been in that area for a few years, the Hwy. 41 route is more scenic but the road surface may not be the best for a bike.

While Alligator Alley is better known, it is now all I-75, limited access, I much prefer HWY 41 / Tamiami Trail, the Southernmost route across the Everglades. 41 was resurfaced several years back, not bad at all... 41 has small bridges across the canals, places to pull over on the bike and check out the wildlife...

My preferred route, I-75 to HWY 29 South to HWY 41 East...

Check gas at 29 & 41 intersection... 
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »

Stay away from Everglades Natl. Park outside of Florida City. Park Rangers(COPS) love to hand out speeding tickets.  >:( Ain't nothing to see anyway since the hurricane.
Also watch out for red light cameras, especially when making right on red.  :nervous:
John

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »

Thanks alot guys. I have rode 41 from Bradenton down to siesta key on my softail. That was brutal. So much stop and go. I would melt if i had to do that on my cvo. Sounds like a good plan. Love me some 2 lane roads.  I assume once on 41 east its either run to Miami or turn around and backtrack? Unless i have a pontoon bike. Lol.

Heatwave, looking at google maps I see what youre saying. Best to avoid 41 until i get south enough. Everglades City looks promising.

Thanks again.

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 07:24:23 PM »

Stay away from Everglades Natl. Park outside of Florida City. Park Rangers(COPS) love to hand out speeding tickets.  >:( Ain't nothing to see anyway since the hurricane.
Also watch out for red light cameras, especially when making right on red.  :nervous:
John
Good info there. Lol. Everglades arent a must see but thought it would be neat to do. 3 years of going down there and havent seen a damn gator outside yet. Lots of manatees and a few dolphins though which was awesome. If theres some hidden gem roads down there I'm all for it. As long as theres something to see. I rode 17 in SC from Myrtle Beach to Patriots Point in Charleston one time, I could have slept the whole time. Most boring ride of my life.

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »

Speaking of cops, is splitting lanes legal in fla? Leaving a ball game last year a local leo was doing security near where i parked my bike and he said that the bike was the way to go, dont have to wait in traffic. Had no clue what he meant by that.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »

Would pick a turnaround well before Miami.  Lane splitting is illegal, occasionally will see it.  Watch for cops - they love out of state plates to ticket. Along 41 as I recall there is a rest area & nearby they have a guy feeding chicken to an alligator via a long pole.  We watched from a distance, those suckers can clear the water when motivated.  Not much in Everglades City but is a very pleasant ride.

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 06:52:52 PM »

Good info there. Lol. Everglades arent a must see but thought it would be neat to do. 3 years of going down there and havent seen a damn gator outside yet. Lots of manatees and a few dolphins though which was awesome. If theres some hidden gem roads down there I'm all for it. As long as theres something to see. I rode 17 in SC from Myrtle Beach to Patriots Point in Charleston one time, I could have slept the whole time. Most boring ride of my life.

Gators!!!!! on the north side of 41, there's a canal. Between Rt. 29 and the big Miccosukee reservation parking lot , if the water level isn't too high, you'll see more GATORS on the banks than you can count. There's even some 14 foot grandpas there.  :o

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 11:33:29 AM »

Gators!!!!! on the north side of 41, there's a canal. Between Rt. 29 and the big Miccosukee reservation parking lot , if the water level isn't too high, you'll see more GATORS on the banks than you can count. There's even some 14 foot grandpas there.  :o

Yep, plenty of gators along 41

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 07:21:35 PM »

In the meantime until you get on the road, here's a picture of my wife's gator in the garden.

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 07:26:04 PM »

That will work. I had a 3d gator archery target i would float in my pond to shoot at. Dogs didnt much care for it.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 09:44:03 PM »

Another cool place to ride to and see is NASA's Kennedy Space Center near Titusville, not too far from Daytona.  Added bonus, one time at the Rocket Garden, not far from the Space Shuttle, (I think I had just looked at the Astronaut Memorial) I looked down into the water and there about 8ft down were maybe 6-8 gators.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 10:00:10 PM »

Thanks alot guys. I have rode 41 from Bradenton down to siesta key on my softail. That was brutal. So much stop and go. I would melt if i had to do that on my cvo. Sounds like a good plan. Love me some 2 lane roads.  I assume once on 41 east its either run to Miami or turn around and backtrack? Unless i have a pontoon bike. Lol.

Heatwave, looking at google maps I see what youre saying. Best to avoid 41 until i get south enough. Everglades City looks promising.

Thanks again.

Everglades City / Chokoloskee Island nice places to visit, get a bite or wet a hook...

There's a Casino at the Eastern end of 41 at Krome Ave, / 997

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2017, 08:54:23 PM »

Keep the ideas coming!

Hoel Motors

• CVO1: flhxse3 citrus orange,fullsac x pipe with 2.25" baffles, TTS tuner
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2017, 09:53:24 PM »

Great place to stop and eat just east of everglade city on 41 called Joanie's blue crab cafe, only open on saturdays and sundays......... best gator in town...... only building in town. It's across the highway from the smallest post office in USA. I always get the chicken wings

el Cadar

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »

I think a ride in Florida would be a welcome relief from the snow and rain here in the PACNW.  The last few times I was down there this time of year, the weather seemed awesome and the opportunities to ride seemed far more enjoyable.

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 04:19:15 PM »

Counting the days. Pulling out of PA March 3rd. Got my head pipe on, baffles out, tuner in. Need to change oil, give her a bath and im ready.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »

OK, with Daytona Bike Week less than a month away, who's going?

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 10:52:32 PM »

We will be stopping on Friday the 10th on our way back home to PA if i can find a place to park the rig for a bit.
I know thats the first day, is there any activity earlier in the week?

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »

Well I'm looking forward to not only seing some of my favorite vendors at the Speedway, but riding the coast.  It was kind of a mess at Biketoberfest, due to the skimming by of the hurricane.  Could've been much worse though.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2017, 09:21:56 PM »

Also looking forward to what is in my opinion, the best pizza at Stavros on Beach St.  The crust is amazing!  anyone else been there?

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »

Pulled into Daytona today, it's revving up.  Speedway is pack with vendors setting up.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2017, 07:13:54 PM »

Seemed like Bike Week had a very good turnout for the 76th.  Boy Indian/Polaris sure was at the Speedway bigtime! 

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 10:43:35 AM »

My wife & I did a Iron Butt Ride in Florida yesterday. 1015 miles in 19.5 hours.
Got to Loves gas station by the Daytona HD @ 6 am. & was told a bad storm was in Daytona & south. Changed our ride plan & headed back to Jacksonville & then west. It was a great day to ride as it was cool & all the idiots, stayed off the road!
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 11:28:17 AM »

My wife & I did a Iron Butt Ride in Florida yesterday. 1015 miles in 19.5 hours.
Got to Loves gas station by the Daytona HD @ 6 am. & was told a bad storm was in Daytona & south. Changed our ride plan & headed back to Jacksonville & then west. It was a great day to ride as it was cool & all the idiots, stayed off the road!

Congrats - good times!  Did a Florida one a few years ago.  Tallahassee to Jax to Lauderdale to Naples back up to Lake City then home.  Think it was 1,010 miles in about 19 hours. Stopped to get gas, go, & once for a 10 minute lunch.  Not as lucky as you with traffic.  The idiots were everywhere on 95 & 75.  Alligator Alley was great - we ran that leg fast.

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »

Original plan was to ride was to ride down to Cocoa Beach, then back to Jax & west on I 10 to Exit 5 west of Pensacola & back to Jax.  Changing the ride plan because of the storm we had to make up the miles we lost & ride I 75 for 60 miles down & back. I 75 at night is by far faster than I 95. Wouldn't care to ride that road for along distance!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:47:39 AM by danner55 »
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2017, 02:16:16 PM »

We took it all the way from Lauderdale west then north to Lake City.  I-95 was worse.  It's always the worst, traffic on it is about as organized as monkeys humping a football.

I-10 is a sleeper of a straight road.  Not much to look at, not many turns.  Pine trees & ditches. 

wtfdskin

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »

We rode over from Bradenton to Daytona and back on Wednesday the 8th. Man 75 & 4 suck. Jumped off 4 at Lakeland and rode up 33 and 19 through Ocala Forest. That was a nice.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2017, 01:22:04 AM »

Gotta spend as little time on I-4 as possible, especially anywhere near Orlando!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »

I'd stay away from I-4 from Longwood (434) all the way to Kirkman Road just south of the Turnpike exit/outlet malls.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2017, 11:27:09 PM »

So who's going to be in Panama City for Thunder Beach next month?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2017, 09:18:22 PM »

Better question is who is going to Leesburg Bikefest this weekend  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2017, 10:22:42 PM »

'Been fortunate to have had some Epic Times with Great Friends at both Leesburg and Thunder Beach :coolblue:

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2017, 09:50:06 PM »

Thunder Beach weather today actually sucked (rain in the am, wind and some more rain later in the pm), but it should be perfect through the weekend!

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 09:10:24 PM »

Just wonderin'...how/why does anyone ride in Miami?  The traffic and the roads are terrible!

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2017, 06:01:45 PM »

Just wonderin'...how/why does anyone ride in Miami?  The traffic and the roads are terrible!
No different than any large metro area.
Sunday mornings ride A1A, great scenery, little congestion. Work your way to the Grove, and then south. If done before noon you should be Ok. Key Biscayne is good early also.
John

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2017, 09:41:47 PM »

I do love Coconut Grove!  Just don't lose track of time and get caught in rush hour. 

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 08:05:19 PM »

What are your favorite State Parks to ride to in Florida?

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2017, 10:02:23 PM »

What are your favorite State Parks to ride to in Florida?

Many of my favorites are here,,, bring swimsuit and a towel :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.floridasprings.org/visit/map/

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2017, 01:27:10 AM »

That is a good list!  We like Wakulla Springs as a destination for dinner, good restaurant, beautiful spot.  Too many others to mention. We cut through the Ocala National Forest (not a state park) a lot on the way to/from Daytona.  Beach parks along the gulf are also favorite destinations.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2017, 12:22:13 PM »

Spoke to a LED installation shop in Florida they told me Florida frowns on blue and or red Leds  lighting up a bike. They said you are asking to be pulled over with either color. For what it's worth.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2017, 08:16:49 PM »

Spoke to a LED installation shop in Florida they told me Florida frowns on blue and or red Leds  lighting up a bike. They said you are asking to be pulled over with either color. For what it's worth.

Heard that too, but only through hearsay.  Not sure if it's true or not.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2017, 11:13:24 PM »

Live here, Florida. Never heard or seen any evidence of the red led problem. Got a buddy with a E/G that glows red like a Christmas tree and has since 2006. He has never had a problem with police, not to say others haven't. But like me he rides at night a lot (the heat during the day sucks).

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2017, 07:29:56 PM »

The color I've heard people have a problem with the cops with is blue.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2017, 07:50:02 PM »

Had a bike with blue LEDs.  Never got a ticket, but was told by Florida LEOs to not ride with the blue LEDs on.  Have heard the same on red, no firsthand experience though.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2017, 09:01:26 PM »

So what's everyone doing for the 4th of July weekend? 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »

So what's everyone doing for the 4th of July weekend?

If this weather continues, beer and watching it rain.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2017, 09:32:07 PM »

This past weekend, even though the un-Godly heat has returned I rode down to one of my favorite places in Panama City Beach, Patches and had some awesome blackened seared Ahi Tuna taco!  The burgers there are famous around these parts.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2017, 10:30:32 PM »

I live in fla and see the led's of different color all the time. The only time I have ever seen Leo's do anything was if the led's were flashing. I have witnessed this first hand on Main Street during biktoberfest or bike week. Dozens and dozens of bikes trickling down Main Street with all kinds of led's and colors. Cops could care less.  But you make them flash in any fashion and they will light you up quickly.

Yeah this time of year the heat is just insane. My group usually only rides very early mornings home by lunch. Or at night. Most folks don't realize it's 80 degrees at 6 AM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2017, 09:36:36 PM »

I live in fla and see the led's of different color all the time. The only time I have ever seen Leo's do anything was if the led's were flashing. I have witnessed this first hand on Main Street during biktoberfest or bike week. Dozens and dozens of bikes trickling down Main Street with all kinds of led's and colors. Cops could care less.  But you make them flash in any fashion and they will light you up quickly.

Yeah this time of year the heat is just insane. My group usually only rides very early mornings home by lunch. Or at night. Most folks don't realize it's 80 degrees at 6 AM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shoot, up here in the Panhandle, the low for tonight is 75, and that's cool for July.

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2017, 09:48:58 PM »

Spending my 1st summer in Florida feeling like roasted pork!!

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2017, 07:26:01 PM »

Spending my 1st summer in Florida feeling like roasted pork!!

Be grateful for air conditioning here the way people are for heat in the winter up north.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2017, 08:15:01 PM »

Be grateful for air conditioning here the way people are for heat in the winter up north.

Not even to August yet.  That is our REAL summer here.  Dipping to 74 tonight, a regular cool front.  ;D

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2017, 12:17:25 AM »

Who from Florida's heading up to Sturgis this year?

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2017, 08:28:17 PM »

Who from Florida's heading up to Sturgis this year?

I never have said or thought, "God I wish the humidity would come back!"  Been awesome lately.

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:17 PM »

Hurricane Nate seems to have brought the humidity back for a few days but it's supposed to vanish over next few days. Thought it was gone. Looking forward to the Fall Florida Rallies, Biketoberfest in Daytona and Thunder Beach here in Panama City (Beach)!

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2017, 06:41:05 PM »

Loving the arrival of sweet Fall weather here just in time for the Thunder Beach Rally!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2017, 10:59:05 PM »

Rode over to PCB for the day yesterday to Thunder Beach & have a raw oyster lunch.  Temps started in the 50s & ended up in the 60s.  Blue sky day, great time of the year to ride!  :2vrolijk_21:

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2017, 07:03:04 PM »

Weather forecast for the weekend looks to be just about perfect.  Can't wait!

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2017, 08:55:24 PM »

Weather forecast for the weekend looks to be just about perfect.  Can't wait!

Come on and join us for the
Cruisin' for St. Jude Children's Hospital Benefit Poker Run
on Saturday 11 November :2vrolijk_21:

Leaving The Outpost (for Bikers) at 4576 Hwy 3280 in Freeport, FL with a Police Escort to Panama City Beach and finishing up back at The Outpost for the drawings and raffles!!

Registration starts at 9:00AM and "kickstands up" at 10:15AM
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:00:31 PM by FlaHeatWave »

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2017, 06:49:26 PM »

Thinking this weekend I'll either head out to Ponce de Leon Springs State Park, or just go down to Mexico Beach. Time will tell...

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2017, 09:13:43 PM »

OK, so who's started Christmas shopping for their bikes?

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2017, 08:45:19 PM »

Granddaughter (6) got her 1st bicycle for Christmas.  Maybe a motorcycle in her future!  :-)

RedWings11

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2018, 08:31:20 PM »

Bike Week 77's around the corner, gonna head out to that!  Daytona Speedway always has a ton of vendors and Main Street will be its usual crazy!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 22 queries.