Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2008 throttle wiring problems  (Read 1814 times)

cudacurlee

2008 throttle wiring problems
« on: April 30, 2017, 03:22:37 PM »

ts been a while since I was on here last! I kinda troll though to find answers to issues I experience. I believe the last time I was on, I was having issues with my 2008 Ultra throttle. I repaired the wiring to the actuator with solid core 22 gauge wire which worked for about 4,000 miles. Friday morning at o'dark thirty in the a.m. the throttle quit at 90 mph into limp mode. No traffic and I was able to get over to the side, disconnect the throttle and connect, ride on to work. The question once again, is there a permanent fix? I cant seem to navigate here efficiently to find the history or threads to others who have had this issue. Any help or comments?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: 2008 throttle wiring problems
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 08:06:25 PM »

The 08's did have issues with terminal fretting as Harley called it. Basically corrosion on the pins and sockets. The fix is a better socket and cleaning the male pins on the throttle body. You should never use solid wire on a. vehicle as it is not as flexi as stranded wire.

cudacurlee

Re: 2008 throttle wiring problems
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »

I agree, solid was not the best choice, I was attempting to use something that would not get hot and melt as did the last two harnesses I built. So I reckon that there is no permanent fix for the fretting? Not that it matters any more, I over heated the bike last night and dropped a valve. Reckon now is a great time to replace harness and the throttle actuator. Thanks for your replay

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.