Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Fewer CVO's for 18?  (Read 14413 times)

BPAG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

Re: Fewer CVO's for 18?
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 01:44:08 AM »

i have yet to see a new/2018 CVO, and have been told the same thing...fewer CVOs. Dillon Brothers in Omaha said they have got 4 and all sold before they arrived   :nixweiss: going to be an interesting year if its true

Worth HD in KC had 3 2018MY CVO's on the floor on Saturday when I visited (1 Road Glide and 2 Street Glides).  I realize this isn't Omaha, but isn't that far away.  I ordered my 2018 CVO RG from St. Joe HD.  I'm in Northwest MO so maybe I'll catch you on the road sometime.  :drummer:

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 12:18:20 PM »

Yeah I rode the new RG CVO, that 21 rode like a wheel barrow. Nice bar hopper if you like that kind of thing. Me, nope!

BigLew

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 12:45:05 PM »

Yeah I rode the new RG CVO, that 21 rode like a wheel barrow. Nice bar hopper if you like that kind of thing. Me, nope!

BigLew
In my opinion it has very little to do with the 21 in. That bike as a whole is far rougher riding than my 30 inch bike with full air ride.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »

Worth HD in KC had 3 2018MY CVO's on the floor on Saturday when I visited (1 Road Glide and 2 Street Glides).  I realize this isn't Omaha, but isn't that far away.  I ordered my 2018 CVO RG from St. Joe HD.  I'm in Northwest MO so maybe I'll catch you on the road sometime.  :drummer:  i was in KC last week end for the race but didnt stop in to worth hd ... witch i usually do, dang. congrats on the new bike
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2017, 06:45:01 AM »

This would be no sweat off my balls and the same applies if they stopped CVO production altogether. I'll never forget my first (and last) CVO I was so happy to purchase in 2005. Long story short ... my beautiful Candy Cherry happily turned into nothing but a problem child I traded for an '07 GW. People are wising up and realizing that high price tag doesn't mean higher quality too. I personally have had better luck with their "lesser" or "regular" line-up than the one I had years ago. I could hit the lotto and become a millionaire and still never buy another CVO again. I know some of you love your's and that's awesome, but for me that word leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2017, 08:39:29 AM »

Then why are you on a cvo forum?
I have had 4 cvos and the only problem i have had was the power ignition stopped locking on my 13.
Ive put about 30-40 thousand miles on each. I guess the key is to ride them, not let them sit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2018 SE ultra limited anniversary #460 V&H MK45 slip ons

Sold 2015 SE Road Glide Ultra. V&H power duals, V&H monster square mufflers. FP3 tuner

SOLD 2013 SE ultra. Fuel moto 2/1/2 head pipe, Pro touring mufflers, woods T222 cams, vision tuner.

SOLD 2007 SE ultra. full sac true duals with 2" baffels. big mouth air cleaner. Tman performance Stage 4 Thumper Series 110 " Kit. Tman 625 cam. SE race tuner. ultra style hard tour pak

SOLD 2005 SE FatBoy. Stage 1 AC, Thunderheader

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 08:54:32 AM »

CVOHarley.com welcomes all comers. Whether you have a motorcycle or not, a CVO or not. It's a quality forum, free of advertising with great information and members. Hell, I showed up at the Redwoods GTG with a BMW and I only had to wash 3 Harleys for them to let me come along on the rides  :D

mark

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2017, 09:30:59 AM »

I have had 4 cvos and the only problem i have had was the power ignition stopped locking on my 13.
Ive put about 30-40 thousand miles on each. I guess the key is to ride them, not let them sit.

Go to the M8 section of this forum...it seems riding them is what's causing the problems.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »

Maybe you haven't been around here long enough to know, but it's for the people here and other benefits of this site is why I'm here, not because whether or not I have or had a CVO. How would like to scrape, borrow beg, plead or whatever to finance over 35 grand for what you THOUGHT was the bike of your dreams only to have all that flushed down the toilet? I tried to give HD the benefit of the doubt for two years and finally gave up and traded the pos. Good for you if your's has been trouble-free, but that's not the case for some of us. You obviously don't know me either because this wouldn't be my first or second time going back/forth to HD. If you thought this site was only for CVO owners, you can lose that thought. The MoCo is losing sales for a reason and it's not because my bikes sat like queens in a garage because they don't, I ride them. If I wanted something to stare at, I would buy a model.   
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:28:43 AM by Phantom309 »
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2017, 10:30:56 AM »

Go to the M8 section of this forum...it seems riding them is what's causing the problems.

LOL, glad I never went to even look at or ride one!
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2017, 11:28:36 AM »

Maybe you haven't been around here long enough to know, but it's for the people here and other benefits of this site is why I'm here, not because whether or not I have or had a CVO. How would like to scrape, borrow beg, plead or whatever to finance over 35 grand for what you THOUGHT was the bike of your dreams only to have all that flushed down the toilet? I tried to give HD the benefit of the doubt for two years and finally gave up and traded the pos. Good for you if your's has been trouble-free, but that's not the case for some of us. You obviously don't know me either because this wouldn't be my first or second time going back/forth to HD. If you thought this site was only for CVO owners, you can lose that thought. The MoCo is losing sales for a reason and it's not because my bikes sat like queens in a garage because they don't, I ride them. If I wanted something to stare at, I would buy a model.
I guess i shouldn't buy a new harley because 13 years ago you had a problem.  Maybe i can get a deal on a wing and a preis

Sold 2015 SE Road Glide Ultra. V&H power duals, V&H monster square mufflers. FP3 tuner

SOLD 2013 SE ultra. Fuel moto 2/1/2 head pipe, Pro touring mufflers, woods T222 cams, vision tuner.

SOLD 2007 SE ultra. full sac true duals with 2" baffels. big mouth air cleaner. Tman performance Stage 4 Thumper Series 110 " Kit. Tman 625 cam. SE race tuner. ultra style hard tour pak

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2017, 11:41:58 AM »

I guess i shouldn't buy a new harley because 13 years ago you had a problem.  Maybe i can get a deal on a wing and a preis

I could care less what you do or what you ride or drive, whatever floats your boat. I'll still be smiling on my new GW next year while you continue to chug the overpriced HD Kool-Aid. I'll give you a waive if I see you in your prius if it makes you feel better. You'll never get it, I had more than just A problem and  I don't expect my troubles to influence anybody's decision .... think or should I say drink for yourself.
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

PFWiz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »

I may be new here, but I know that if you need to "scrape, borrow, beg and plead" to buy a toy you are in way over your head..... :nixweiss:

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »

I may be new here, but I know that if you need to "scrape, borrow, beg and plead" to buy a toy you are in way over your head..... :nixweiss:
Cheers to that

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »

Gentlemen,
Nobody's going to argue that HD's are not without their problems.  Nor are the dealers.  And certainly the CVO's aren't either.
Have you ever owned a car that was flawless?  Or a house?  Or a spouse?   :P

Nobody on this site should be so pro Harley (OR PRO GW OR BMW) that they put other people's choices down.  There's just no room for that here.

I have owned a Wing and loved it.  I have lusted after BMW's and Indians, but then I have lusted after a dozen different HD's other than the one I own.

This particular thread is a discussion about the rumor (or truth?) that HD may be turning out less CVO's in 2018.

If you want to debate the pro's and con's of buying decisions or spending money, or even what kind of bike you prefer...start your own thread.

But above all, be polite.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 21 queries.