Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Daymaker LED Fog Lamps - Install Question  (Read 3034 times)

DCC

• Junior CVO Member
    • IA

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTKSE3 Stardust Silver Canyon Copper
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHTKSE Phantom Blue Palladium Silver
    • CVO3: 2023 FLTKXSE Dark Platinum
Daymaker LED Fog Lamps - Install Question
« on: November 08, 2017, 11:23:43 AM »

I've done a search and found a couple of threads from folks that have installed these lights on Road Glides, but so far, nothing on a CVO Limited.  Has anyone put these on and how difficult was the install.  Did you use the existing running light switch or did you add the Aux Power Switch Kit?  And how do you like them?  The parts I'm referencing are 6800090 - Chrome Lamps, 69201109 - Harness, 68000170 - Chrome Clamps, 71400106 - Aux Power Switch Kit.
DCC - 2023 FLTKXSE, 2016 FLHTKSE, 2008 FLHX,

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Limited 2018 Black Earth Fade
    • CVO2: SG 2016 Carbon Crystal (traded)
Re: Daymaker LED Fog Lamps - Install Question
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 03:20:29 PM »

I'm looking forward to install them as well, so far I already purchased the lamps (a sale I couldn't pass on).

Reading the install guides of the 69201109 looks like the harness is a Y from your current passing (auxiliary) lights, so they must use the same switch to turn on, you might not need the auxiliary power switch kit.

On the website states 'Kit includes universal handlebar-mounted switch', but that seems not to be the case since there is another kit for that.

That is what I've found, but I might be wrong, still need a couple of weeks to afford the clamps and the harness to start the installation.

PatrickP

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Starfire Black / Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »

I'm looking forward to install them as well, so far I already purchased the lamps (a sale I couldn't pass on).

Reading the install guides of the 69201109 looks like the harness is a Y from your current passing (auxiliary) lights, so they must use the same switch to turn on, you might not need the auxiliary power switch kit.

On the website states 'Kit includes universal handlebar-mounted switch', but that seems not to be the case since there is another kit for that.

That is what I've found, but I might be wrong, still need a couple of weeks to afford the clamps and the harness to start the installation.

That is correct, I had them installed on my 17 CVO SG and they had to use the same switch as my Daymaker Running Lights.
They work really well. They do catch a lot of bugs though..
Good Luck
Patrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 CVO Street Glide SE Starfire Black/Atomic Red with Screaming Eagle Stage II Exhaust, 117 Stage IV Motor, King TP Color Matched, Heated Grips. etc...
Prev: 2016 Street Glide Special Willie G Edition in Vivid Black with Screaming Eagle Exhaust, Heated Grips, Stage II Boom Audio and Chrome Enforcers

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 06:55:11 PM »

You have the ability to wire them a couple ways.  If you want them to be controlled by the same switch as your spots, you use the harness you listed that is inserted into the wiring for the spots.  On the other hand, if you want to be able to control the spots and fog lights separately, then you would add another switch pak and button on the dash, an electrical connection harness to provide power, and a different Y harness Harley sells to install those lights on bikes without spots.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »

I added them with extra switch on dash pack to a cvo limited.  Wanted to be able to turn passing and them on individually.  Had to tap power at the fuse block. Switch pack provides a New plug in for fuse.

New system for Harley is not a series connection.  Have the new switch send a signal to turn power on. As for the wiring, made some of my own using extra plugs so I can disconnect close down to the light in case lowers need to come off. Ran wire through the lowers vent and hidden in lowers, runs out the top along the crash bar and then under the tank. Plug located inside the lowers area.  The lights themselves are on the lower part of the crash bar mounted right below the highway legs. As low as possible but not on the bend, won't fit there, so it's the first spot on the vertical which allows the clamp to fit. 
Will

DCC

• Junior CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 10:27:51 AM »

I decided to add them to the existing switch on my CVO limited which was really easy.  Did not have to remove the fairing cap.  Just plugged the Y connector into one of the existing spot lights.  Outer fairing had to come off to hide some of the wiring.  I used 2 zip ties on the crash bar and made the connections on the left frame down tube up high.  I'm not sure I like running the wires on the crash bar.  They're not real obvious, but I am considering drilling and running the wires internally.  I'm very impressed with the amount of light these put out.   

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 08:16:02 AM »

I installed them on my 2007 CVO Ultra back when they first came out.  So far I have had three go bad.  The two I have now are showing signs of moisture inside.  Bike is garage kept although I have been caught in the rain a number of times.

Mine are wired into the passing/auxiliary lights.

DCC

• Junior CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »

I'm liking how you ran the wires.  Looks like you were able to get some small rubber grommets and run the wires into your lowers.  Discouraging to hear about the failures and moisture.  Expensive lights to have those issues.  Were they covered under warranty?

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 12:55:45 PM »

They did replace them under warranty. It took months to get replacements each time.

I did have the lights above the highway pegs and then lowered them. That it why the hole is too high. I went through the lowers and up the inside across the top of the engine guard and then down.  Almost completely invisible except for the penetration for the grommets.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 03:23:18 PM »

I haven't physically touched a set of those lights so this is just supposition, but I think I'd take a look at where the wiring enters the back of the light housing.  If they designed those lights like some of their other lights, water might be running down the wires and into the housing.  If that's the case, a little clear silicone sealer might be all you need to stop the moisture issue.  Take a look and see what you think.

Jerry
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 03:28:19 PM by grc »

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 09:05:12 PM »

Ran my wires the same way as jpb. Maybe mine are longer since I added the plugs but I have the wire on bottom. Been in lots of rain and no problems.
Will

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »

I finally got mine on the bike, ran the wires downside the crash bars also (just common sense haven't read the post for a while). I'm trying to figure how to set up the alignment so I get the most of them.

They do have a silicon 'plug' where the wires come out the housing, but I'm not sure about the quality of that, I hope they last because I bought them on a foreign country and I'm pretty sure my 'local' dealer will not cover that warranty.

I'm thinking of buying a new switch to make them independent from the passing lights, but I'm unsure about how much I need to buy (I have a 2018 CVO Limited so I think the accessories plug is already wired, maybe not?)

AShep

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 02:17:09 PM »

I purchased the same set of lights for my 2019 Ultra Limited. I bought wiring harness 69201109. There are 4 connections...2 are for the lights themselves, one connects into the connection on the lift side...does anyone know what the other connections harness is for?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 03:17:33 PM »

I purchased the same set of lights for my 2019 Ultra Limited. I bought wiring harness 69201109. There are 4 connections...2 are for the lights themselves, one connects into the connection on the lift side...does anyone know what the other connections harness is for?

The two connectors other than the ones that run to the lights, are used to tap into an existing circuit.  You disconnect the two halves of the original 4 way aux light connector (either right or left side), then you plug the mating connectors from the new harness to the mating connectors of the original harness.  Note that one of the connectors on that harness is male, the other female.  When you're finished both halves of the original aux light connector will be connected to this new harness.  Hope I didn't confuse you, it's one of those things that's easier with a picture than with words.

Jerry

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 03:21:42 PM »

One side to the bike harness the other one to the aux lamp (and the long one to the fog lamps), just plug and play. Now your aux switch controls both sets of lights
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 21 queries.