Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tour Pak wrapping light limited 2018 HDI  (Read 1909 times)

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Limited 2018 Black Earth Fade
    • CVO2: SG 2016 Carbon Crystal (traded)
Tour Pak wrapping light limited 2018 HDI
« on: November 23, 2017, 11:00:22 AM »

Hello guys

I just got my 2018 limited, as this is HDI it came with a lousy red run/brake tour pack wrapping, I liked a lot the US smoked light so I was planning on buying the 67800368 and maybe paint it.

Then 'ebaying' I found one that came from a CVO (don't know the year, and I couldn't found anywhere the number is stamped on the back of it 67800566DXM), I decided to purchase it to repaint it later.

As soon as I got it I tried it on the bike, it works but not as I expected.

On run, the three sections light (that is Ok)
On turn signals, the corner lights brighter (that is Ok also)
But on brake, only the center section lights (don't know if that is Ok)

I was reading the installation guide from the 67800368 and it states that's the way it actually works, but I think I've seen the US bikes light all the three sections on brake (maybe newer models?, and extra module?, different wiring?).

As I told you, mine is HDI so it came with the turn signal/light bar on the fender (just like the 2014 but with LED). Maybe that requires a different wiring?

I could use some of your experience on this matter, to figure if I can make the turn signals act as brake lights as well, of maybe that is the way 2014 used to work.

I appreciate any feedback

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Re: Tour Pak wrapping light limited 2018 HDI
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »

I found a video of the 2014 CVO launching and that is the way it works, so I might need to change the question.

How can the 2014/2015 CVO tour pak corner lights be moded to work as run/brake/turn?

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 02:46:44 PM »

Maybe this will help somebody else (on the HDI market) that want to add the smoked wrapping light to their tour pak.

After looking around and even asked Custom Dynamics how to make it work the way I wanted to, I took an offer on eBay for a CD triple play for test the waters.

I does work very well on the lower lights (fender) but the tour pak is a whole new cabling from the BCM (at first I thought it was just an extension of the fender lights) so, the module isn't a plug&play solution out of the box.

Since the socket is the same I went to the wiring diagrams and noted that it might work by just interchanging the sockets/pins on the module (female -> male, male -> female) as the tour pak is in reverse compared to the fender.

Did that, and tested it. The first time it didn't work, looking at the wires on the bike I noted that they were also reversed, so I changed the order on the socket and voilá I have run/brake/turn/flash provided by the CD triple play.

I think I'll add the saddlebags lights also, since at night it looks skinny from the back

I'm really pleased with it. You can take a look at it working

sunset666

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 03:42:35 PM »

Continuing the journey of making this bike more domestic like than HDI, I added the electra glo saddlebag lights (but for lack of knowledge, misleading info on the HD site, and bad luck searching forums) they didn't work at brake.

I ended up adding a new custom dynamics tripleplay before the electra glo module, and now I have an even better looking brake signal

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 08:56:03 PM »

Looking pretty bright there, hopefully whoever's behind you will see you. I added the saddlebag running, blinker and Brake light kit and very happy with it.
You should look into the brake, running light kit for the luggage rack.
For me, more lights are better.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.