Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Well things are looking better than the talking heads predicted  (Read 2939 times)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Re: Well things are looking better than the talking heads predicted
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 08:46:03 AM »

Georgia/Oklahoma was a great game.  Alabama was ready for Clemson no doubt. Ohio State bowl game result to me shows NCAA playoffs could eventually be expanded to include more teams.  College ball rocks, more fun to watch.

Even though my Sooners got kicked, I still have to agree it was a good game to watch. But not sure that either one of them will stand a chance against Bama. When you are seeing 100 point games it just say no defense on either side. Bama has a defensive so they don't need a huge amount of points to win.

Congratulations to both The Bulldogs, The Tide, and their fans. Good luck to both teams.

8 team playoff would be something to look at I think
Most great stores start with a bad decision

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 08:49:04 AM »

Nothing personal Yellow09, but your QB is a classless POS. Has proved it 4 or 5 times this year. He is a real tool

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/baker-mayfield-explains-reason-for-throat-slash-gesture-after-missed-field-goal/ar-BBHLVx9?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 08:50:20 AM »

Roll Tide great job
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 09:00:28 AM »

Nothing personal Yellow09, but your QB is a classless POS. Has proved it 4 or 5 times this year. He is a real tool

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/baker-mayfield-explains-reason-for-throat-slash-gesture-after-missed-field-goal/ar-BBHLVx9?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Oh I agree 100%, he is a total dick. I sure wish the Heisman committee would take in both on field and off field antics in the selection process and give that trophy and title to someone who promotes the sport in a positive manor.

And I want to modify that post a little. It shouldn't start with the players, the coaches are supposed to be the ones in control but you don't see it happening. All they want is another win no matter what.... :soapbox:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:03:33 AM by Yellow09SERG »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 09:54:56 AM »

Even though my Sooners got kicked, I still have to agree it was a good game to watch. But not sure that either one of them will stand a chance against Bama. When you are seeing 100 point games it just say no defense on either side. Bama has a defensive so they don't need a huge amount of points to win.

Congratulations to both The Bulldogs, The Tide, and their fans. Good luck to both teams.

8 team playoff would be something to look at I think

Agreed, Alabama looks tough to beat, had figured on a close Sugar Bowl instead of what we saw.  8 team playoff makes more sense.  Several scenarios out there - make the first round prior to Christmas.  Realize there will always be somebody in 9th place that is pissed, but 8 makes the Ohio State deal like this year moot.   
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

mark

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 10:34:32 AM »

Hey Clemson, stay in your own state and quit picking off recruits from across the South.  Your top two are from GA and FL.  Lordy knows FL needs all the help they can get.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 03:59:57 PM »

I can only say one thing

Wait till Next Year

Ohhhhhhhh Brother

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »

I can only say one thing

Wait till Next Year

(Oh, and congrats to Chains & the Bammer Hammers)

I would go out on a limb right now and say you will see 3 of the same 4 teams there again next year. Now I am sure that someone will grab a saw and start cutting that limb off...lol

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 10:27:09 AM »

well Jimmy, I really thought Clemson was lookin' good prior to that game. just thought it would've been a closer ,more even match up. sorry for your loss :nixweiss:
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 04:00:23 PM »

yep Ray, the defense played well but when your offense sputters Bama will punish you. They really took my Tigers to the woodshed
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 21 queries.