Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom 2 Tour Pack Speakers with detachable tour pack on 2015 CVO Street Glide  (Read 1385 times)

pooj10

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Street Glide (Stage IV)
    • CVO3: BMW K1600B

Gentleman,
I have searched and searched this forum for the answer. I have a 2015 CVO street glide that has the lower fairing speakers added (no room in the right saddle bag for another amp) and I would like to add the tour pack Boom Two speakers and amp to my bike. I know some don't agree with adding on to the Harley system, but I would like to keep everything as OEM as possible.  I have the king tour pack with detachable hardware which Harley says the system won't work with. I assume the Tour pack harness with need to be cut somewhere and deutsch connectors installed. I read that V-Twin audio had made someone a custom harness for this modification but when I emailed them, I got a reply that did not make sense. How did you affix the amp to the detachable tour pack mount? I cannot seem to find any photos showing this and what connectors did you use to split the harness. Thanks in advance

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue

You've got three amps on your bike now and are looking to add the fourth?  I added the 2nd amp to my SERGU last year under the TP and just can't see how it will fit on a detach setup. As far as a harness for that rear amp, the only thing I can think of is just undoing the connection right at the amp itself.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

pooj10

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

You are correct, looking to add a fourth to power the tour pack speakers. Some have stated that they have done it. How did you add a second boom 2 amp under the fairing? Doesn’t seem like there is near enough space on the 2015 flhxse?
Thanks

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

You are correct, looking to add a fourth to power the tour pack speakers. Some have stated that they have done it. How did you add a second boom 2 amp under the fairing? Doesn’t seem like there is near enough space on the 2015 flhxse?
Thanks
I stated I put it under the tour pack. I have a Road Glide Ultra and it only came with the one amp. I upgraded to add the 2nd one.

pooj10

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

My apologies, I was reading another post before I replied, but that gentleman was going an aftermarket amp direction. Breaking the harness in half is not that big of a deal with weather sealed connectors, but figuring out how to mount the amp without investing the money in the purchase of the amp and harness to find out there is no way to make it work is the big problem. If I had OAL with the amp and harness connector installed and the hole spacing. I am pretty sure I could fabricate, machine, and powder coat brackets that would work.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

Not sure how much you use your TP, but you could mount the amp inside of it, drill a hole and grommet the wires out to a connector. Just a thought.

pooj10

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

I had actually thought about that and was thinking about utilizing another saddle bag amp since the mounting bracket just adheres with a mounting tape instead of bolting it on. My wife and I usually do a 5k trip over a 10day period every year and she is a heavy packer though and I already got lectured about the loss of space in the right saddlebag so that is my last resort.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.