Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not much 2015-2016 used models on the market  (Read 1667 times)

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
Not much 2015-2016 used models on the market
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »

At least here in Switzerland. Lot of 2017 with very low mileage like 2000 to 4000 miles, selling at MSRP -20%. But almost no 2015-2016 proposed, or at the same price but with at least twice the milage.

What's wrong with the 2017 model? Maybe nothing, but just wondering.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:44:21 PM by Lolo »

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
Re: Not much 2015-2016 used models on the market
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 07:26:19 AM »

I can only give you my reasoning for holding on my 16.  My normal turnover was every 2 years.  Then, HD decided to up the sticker price almost $10,000 here in Canada when the M8 came out.  So I stepped back and asked myself many questions.  My 110 was rock solid and runs like a charm.  Loved my color and chrome.  There was no huge changes other then the M8, oh did I mention my 110 runs strong (LOL).  Same pain in the butt Nav etc in new bikes.  18 colors did/do nothing for me.  So what was HD offering me for an extra 10 grand?  Nothing!  Will see what the 19's bring but I am not optimistic at this point as they don't seem to have any focus on the touring lineup so my 16 will not be on the dealer floor for another year.  If not for dealers trading bikes, my dealer would have 4 new CVO's on the floor and presently has a Gun Ship Grey SG that has been sitting for 3 months now.

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 03:12:29 PM »

I can only give you my reasoning for holding on my 16.  My normal turnover was every 2 years.  Then, HD decided to up the sticker price almost $10,000 here in Canada when the M8 came out.  So I stepped back and asked myself many questions.  My 110 was rock solid and runs like a charm.  Loved my color and chrome.  There was no huge changes other then the M8, oh did I mention my 110 runs strong (LOL).  Same pain in the butt Nav etc in new bikes.  18 colors did/do nothing for me.  So what was HD offering me for an extra 10 grand?  Nothing!  Will see what the 19's bring but I am not optimistic at this point as they don't seem to have any focus on the touring lineup so my 16 will not be on the dealer floor for another year.  If not for dealers trading bikes, my dealer would have 4 new CVO's on the floor and presently has a Gun Ship Grey SG that has been sitting for 3 months now.

Amen brother !!  As a fellow Canadian, I can vouch for you and say that not only are the prices of the new bikes "INSANE", the accessories, parts, service...just keeps going up and up, and up, and up.  Yes, I realize cost of living, keeping the doors open, etc, paying staff.  But it's unreal...

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 03:23:32 PM »

Amen brother !!  As a fellow Canadian, I can vouch for you and say that not only are the prices of the new bikes "INSANE", the accessories, parts, service...just keeps going up and up, and up, and up.  Yes, I realize cost of living, keeping the doors open, etc, paying staff.  But it's unreal...
Getting rid of Deeley as the middle-man was supposed to reduce prices in Canada....I think it just increased profit margins.
As for getting a new bike........nothing has impressed me enough to get rid of my '12.....$10+k more MSRP and no color combo I like.....and starting on mods all over again.......I'm waiting until 2020 for my 'retirement bike'
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 05:30:41 PM »

I'm with you guys...I bought my retirement bike 2 years ago ('13 CVO Ultra) and love the 110 and the color...Plus it's paid off.
I usually keep things for a while anyway. Not impressed with any paint for the last couple of years either. It is amazing what they want now-a-days for the new models.... >:(

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.