Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Referral: Looking for the best dyno tuner in GA.  (Read 2745 times)

jakefromstatefarm

• GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
Referral: Looking for the best dyno tuner in GA.
« on: June 21, 2018, 06:35:26 AM »

Hey all,

First post and honestly I wasn't sure if I should post in Exhaust or General so I chose General because this one has the most traffic. Anyways, I'd really appreciate a referral or your opinions on the best dyno tuner in Georgia or in the Southeast. I'm in Georgia so I hope he/she is in Georgia. If not, the Southeast will work too. Wherever I have to go to get it done right. Plain and simple.

Thanks,
jakefromstatefarm
2018 -CVO Road Glide
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:51:18 AM by jakefromstatefarm »
jakefromstatefarm
2018 CVO RoadGlide (GunShip)
Nothing done "yet".

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Referral: Looking for the best dyno tuner in GA.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:59:50 AM »

I live in TN, about 45 miles out of Knoxville.  I use to take my bikes down to Mineola FL to have Doc Tune them.  He is one of the best any where.  I knew several other in TN that would go the 600 miles to have him tune there bike.  He is a forum member. 

We finally got some one in East TN who does a very good job.Brandon and J&B Performance in Mohawk TN.  He also is a forum member.

Not sure where in GA you are, so I do not know which is closer.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

jakefromstatefarm

• GA

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:37:49 AM »

I live in TN, about 45 miles out of Knoxville.  I use to take my bikes down to Mineola FL to have Doc Tune them.  He is one of the best any where.  I knew several other in TN that would go the 600 miles to have him tune there bike.  He is a forum member. 

We finally got some one in East TN who does a very good job.Brandon and J&B Performance in Mohawk TN.  He also is a forum member.

Not sure where in GA you are, so I do not know which is closer.

I'm in Atlanta. But both of those options are realistic for me. I'm hoping this post gets some legs so I have some options and then I can circle back and read. Thank you for your help.
jakefromstatefarm
Nothing done "yet".

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 10:12:25 AM »

I'm in Atlanta. But both of those options are realistic for me. I'm hoping this post gets some legs so I have some options and then I can circle back and read. Thank you for your help.

+1 Doc in FL.   :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

jimfreeman

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 10:39:01 AM »

Try Bill Woods at Woods Performance Tuning in Cartersville, GA.  Tel # (770) 616-8963.  I used him several years ago & was very satisfied.  He was "trained" by Doc I believe.  His website is  www.woodsperformancetuning.com   

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 11:33:05 AM »

My vote is for RoadHog Motorcycles. Rob does a great job and doesn't inflate his numbers. He is down in Florida but, was well worth it.
http://www.roadhogmotorcycles.com/site/mobile?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.roadhogmotorcycles.com%2FHome_Page.php#2743
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

tolobill

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 03:38:12 PM »

Hello, lived in Georgia for 25 years, in my opinion no one in Georgia is capable of tuning bikes. I drove 4.5 hrs to Brandon in Tn, I am very happy.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 04:06:24 PM »

Oasis Cycles in Brandon, MS :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Probably the most comprehensive Tuning Center on the planet, knows/Tunes DynoJet, TTS, Screamin' Eagle, Techno Research,,,

Owns / Operates a world class Tuning School on site...

Pride in Craft  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

jakefromstatefarm

• GA

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 05:39:45 AM »

Forums are great. You wish you had everyone with the info all together at the same time so you could get answers in real time...but this is the next best thing. Thank you guys for all of your input. I hope we can get a little more information and then naturally after I decide and get things done I'll post the curve. Thanks again.
jakefromstatefarm
Nothing done "yet".

jakefromstatefarm

• GA

Referral: Best builder in GA. or the Southeast
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 05:59:49 AM »

Hi all,

Once again I'm not exactly sure I'm posting in this in the correct category but I didn't see a Builders category so here it is. Be great if there was a Builders category where we could rate builders.

Anyways, could you guys please give me some referrals for the best builders in Georgia or the Southeast. I'm not tearing the whole thing apart like I did my SG I'm just doing the standard add ons (exhaust, bars, air ride, center stand, and audio...if all that was ever standard).

It would help if you guys knew their website, IG, or FB page and added that too. I'm new here and don't know anyone by first name or username. Thanks again guys. 

jakefromstatefarm
2018 CVO RoadGlide
jakefromstatefarm
Nothing done "yet".

ultrarider123

Re: Referral: Best builder in GA. or the Southeast
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 07:33:27 AM »

Jake, you've made a few posts now so why not take a minute to introduce yourself to the rest of the peanuts gang in our new member threads.  Here's the link:
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=30.0

Now for your question.  I don't have a recommendation for a builder but I have a question back to you.  This is for your new, 2018 Gunship grey SERG, correct?  Just a reminder that any modification to your bike pipe/tuner/any other wise motor effecting can and will void your new warranty unless it's done by a HD dealership, by HD technicians using HD approved/branded products and within certain time frame from purchase.  I believe these type mods are covered by the factory warranty (someone jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong).  The MoCo is being very strict on these type mods due to the EPA deal a couple years ago.  We've already had a couple of new members do some mods that were outside the restrictions and then the motor sumped/broke and....no warranty coverage on the $40,000 plus bike they just bought and the repairs were out of pocket....their pocket.

Obviously you are a grown man and don't need me telling you what to or not to do with your money so you can tell me to pound sand.  It's your bike and therefore your choice. 

I, however, enjoy having the piece of mind knowing there is a warranty in place for a couple of years and then when that's gone, I can play a bit with it.

Just something to consider, sir.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:35:44 AM by Haird »

jakefromstatefarm

• GA

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 08:31:00 AM »

Haird,

First let me sincerely thank you for the sound advice. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to help a fellow rider possibly avoid making mistakes if and when possible. A lot of times in this ambulance chasers era people are more interested in seeing someone fall flat on their face rather than seeing them succeed. And I'm the same exact way. I'd be happy to help anyone avoid making a mistake if I can. So thank you a ton for all that. I am truly grateful for your time and consideration. And I havent stopped to add a post to the Intro because I'm focused on questions and answers at the moment because I have serious decisions to make in a hurry.

And I'm not worried about a Harley warranty at all...not even a little bit.

jakefromstatefarm
jakefromstatefarm
Nothing done "yet".

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 09:53:38 AM »

And I'm not worried about a Harley warranty at all...not even a little bit.

jakefromstatefarm

I think I have heard this statement before in another post,

Then there motor sump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

jakefromstatefarm

• GA

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 11:07:55 AM »

I think I have heard this statement before in another post,

Then there motor sump!

Let me take this opportunity to post my other Harley. 2014 SG. I bought it in October 2013 and by January 2014 it looked exactly the way it looks in this picture and it didn't even have 100 miles on it. Having said that...do me a favor Serdv6 and keep your negative karma to yourself please. I won't avoid changing my bikes (or cars for that matter) because I'm worried about voiding a warranty. If you enjoy your bike the way Harley builds it I'm happy for you and wish you all the best as I'm sure many others will. But keep your negative comments to yourself about my bike. You're sounding like the golfers I drag up and down the golf course that wish my ball in to water or other hazards everytime I take the club back. I mean you do realize you can talk both good and bad thoughts for you and other people in to existence right? Or are you not blessed with the same Jedi mind as the rest of us? <<<< I'm kidding. Don't freak out. And please keep your negative karma to yourself. Thanks in advance. #notworriedaboutthewarranty

jakefromstatefarm
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:11:11 AM by jakefromstatefarm »
jakefromstatefarm
Nothing done "yet".

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 11:13:20 AM »

Let me take this opportunity to post my other Harley. 2014 SG. I bought it in October 2013 and by January 2014 it looked exactly the way it looks in this picture and it didn't even have 100 miles on it. Having said that...do me favor Serdv6 and keep your negative karma to yourself please. I won't avoid changing my bikes (or cars for that matter) because I'm worried about voiding a warranty. If you enjoy your bike the way Harley builds it I'm happy for you and wish you all the best as I'm sure many others will. But keep your negative comments to yourself about my bike. You're sounding like the golfers I drag up and down the golf course that wish my ball in to water or other hazards everytime I take the club back. I mean you do realize you can talk both good and bad thoughts for you and other people in to existence right? Or are you not blessed with the same Jedi mind as the rest of us? <<<< I'm kidding. Don't freak out. And please keep your negative karma to yourself. Thanks in advance. #notworriedaboutthewaaranty

jakefromstatefarm

Nice bike, didn’t mean to get you all worked up, I was referring to another post like it said in my comment, as Haird said you are a grown man and can do what you want, sorry you took it the wrong way.

Have a nice day!

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.